1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser Not worth it?

1. speedychef

speedychef Veteran Member

I just approached the local humane society, which seems to be in desperate need of money, with the fundraising opportunity. When I explained it, the woman responded, "so if the show was $500, we would get $50...I just don't know if that would be worth it..." I wasn't really sure how to respond. I told her that she didn't need to do any work, that we could do it all via email. It did seem like a dinky amount when she said that. I'm sure they could do much better than $500, especially with the holidays coming up. I just told her that I would get her information and the board (who is meeting this week) could talk about it. Any ideas or suggestions when I follow up?

Sep 13, 2005
  2. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

Well what my director told me was that she gives her comission to match it so that it is 20% rather than just 10%. I guess if you think you can afford it and it is a worthy cause to you maybe you could get something out of it like more bookings and it would make up for the comission you donated, but I would think you could also use it as a write-off on your taxes.

Sep 13, 2005
  3. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

Check out

These documents in PC files: Fundraiser Overview Letter 05 and Fundraiser Profit Breakdown. You can adjust the match to what you can afford and the profit chart is a good visual for how much they can make by putting little effort in to publizing and getting orders.

Sep 13, 2005
Have something to add?