1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser Not worth it?

1. speedychef

speedychef Veteran Member

I just approached the local humane society, which seems to be in desperate need of money, with the fundraising opportunity. When I explained it, the woman responded, "so if the show was $500, we would get $50...I just don't know if that would be worth it..." I wasn't really sure how to respond. I told her that she didn't need to do any work, that we could do it all via email. It did seem like a dinky amount when she said that. I'm sure they could do much better than $500, especially with the holidays coming up. I just told her that I would get her information and the board (who is meeting this week) could talk about it. Any ideas or suggestions when I follow up?

Sep 13, 2005
  2. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

Well what my director told me was that she gives her comission to match it so that it is 20% rather than just 10%. I guess if you think you can afford it and it is a worthy cause to you maybe you could get something out of it like more bookings and it would make up for the comission you donated, but I would think you could also use it as a write-off on your taxes.

Sep 13, 2005
  3. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

Check out

These documents in PC files: Fundraiser Overview Letter 05 and Fundraiser Profit Breakdown. You can adjust the match to what you can afford and the profit chart is a good visual for how much they can make by putting little effort in to publizing and getting orders.

Sep 13, 2005
Have something to add?