• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relay for Life/American Cancer Society

In summary, Relay for Life is a fundraising event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise money and awareness for cancer research, support for cancer patients and their families, and to celebrate survivors. It raises money through team fundraising, sponsorships, donations, and participation fees. Anyone can participate regardless of age, background, or fitness level and the event typically lasts 24 hours with various activities and ceremonies. Ways to get involved include forming or joining a team, volunteering, sponsoring, or making a donation.
LeighAnne
Does anyone know offhand if we are allowed to do fundraisers for groups participating in the Relay For Life that is put on to raise money for the American Cancer Society?

My sister is a nurse and her "unit" at work always form a team and do different fundraisers to raise money. I thought about perhaps speaking with whoever is heading up their team this year about doing a fundraiser with me.

I wanted to make sure before I talked to anyone about this.

Thanks!

Yes...yes..and yes...GO FOR IT! Of course, someone else could back me up..but I've down fundraisers for a team before (i.e.,Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure team)

This is a great opportunity for you!
Cheers,
Angela

Great!!!Great! That was the answer I was hoping for.

I know several different organizations in this area hold different Relay for Life events at different times. I'll have to figure out a way to get word out that I can help with fundraising!

Whee! I'm excited.

1. What is Relay for Life?

Relay for Life is a fundraising event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise money and awareness for cancer research, support for cancer patients and their families, and to celebrate survivors.

2. How does Relay for Life raise money?

Relay for Life raises money through various activities such as team fundraising, sponsorships, donations, and participation fees. Participants also have the option to purchase merchandise or participate in auctions or raffles during the event.

3. Can anyone participate in Relay for Life?

Yes, anyone can participate in Relay for Life. It is open to people of all ages, backgrounds, and fitness levels. Participants can join as individuals or form teams with friends, family, or coworkers.

4. What happens at a Relay for Life event?

A Relay for Life event typically lasts 24 hours and is divided into different segments. The opening ceremony celebrates cancer survivors and their caregivers, followed by a survivor lap. Throughout the event, teams take turns walking or running around a designated track, symbolizing the ongoing fight against cancer. There are also entertainment, food, and activities for participants to enjoy.

5. How can I get involved in Relay for Life?

There are many ways to get involved in Relay for Life, such as forming a team, joining a team, volunteering at the event, sponsoring a participant or a team, or making a donation. You can also spread the word and raise awareness about the event and the American Cancer Society's mission to end cancer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KristinaD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • floccies
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BeckyC5830