• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not Sure Where to Post This Question..

In summary, the person did not receive their item and contacted paypal. After some back and forth, they were able to get their money back.
kcjodih
Gold Member
but has anyone ever had a negative experience with the marketplace? Like purchasing something via paypal and not receiving the item after a month? I even PM'd the person and emailed them as well a few days ago and the online activity shows they were on here yesterday but they haven't replied back to my polite inquiry either in PM or email. I know it's buyer beware but this person wasn't a new member or anything. It's quite frustrating to spend over $20 and not receive anything, not even a reply! :( :mad:

This has an eerie ring to it, doesn't it?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

do do do do
do do do do

That can be frustrating. I've had that happen with ebay purchases. In fact I'm STILL waiting on something that I ordered over a month ago and they say had shipped yet... it's not here and it never got returned to them. I have another purchase I made recently that's looking the same... that would mean I'd be out nearly $60 between the two... and that out of 6 purchases only 4 went through as they should. Eep! Since you did pay through paypal they do have a nice little program that if you complain about never receiving your item, you can lodge a complaint with paypal and chances are get your money back. I did this years ago with, yet another ebay purchase (think I should learn by now? LOL)... where the gal said she shipped it but no skirt... and no correspondence... so I contacted paypal.. BOY, did she reply then! Might be worth a shot...

lkprescott said:
That can be frustrating. I've had that happen with ebay purchases. In fact I'm STILL waiting on something that I ordered over a month ago and they say had shipped yet... it's not here and it never got returned to them. I have another purchase I made recently that's looking the same... that would mean I'd be out nearly $60 between the two... and that out of 6 purchases only 4 went through as they should. Eep!

Since you did pay through paypal they do have a nice little program that if you complain about never receiving your item, you can lodge a complaint with paypal and chances are get your money back. I did this years ago with, yet another ebay purchase (think I should learn by now? LOL)... where the gal said she shipped it but no skirt... and no correspondence... so I contacted paypal.. BOY, did she reply then! Might be worth a shot...

Hmmm.. does paypal help only when it's through ebay? Because it was a purchase here in the marketplace not ebay. Also, we did have a negative experience once before with paypal - made a deposit on a large item we were going to the U.S. to pick up. Item was anywhere NEAR what was described and buddy nor paypal wouldn't give the deposit back. Lost $500!

Anyway, I'm REALLY not trying to stir up the pot! I was only wondering if it's just my crappy luck. I've been trying to give the benefit of the doubt that maybe just maybe it will arrive today, tomorrow, the next day etc. but it's been a month and when I didn't receive a reply to either methods of communication I started thinking uh oh!

Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed (for a little while longer anyway!). After that I WILL warn anyone if I see this person selling anything else on here :mad:

Jodi~

I am sorry that this is happening to you. I have sold and purchased many things on our market place and never had a problem. Hopefully you will get this resolved and get your answer/product from the person quickly!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Not even gonna go there....

:rolleyes:

You know that I am definately not touching it... Yeesh!

Chefgirl2 said:
You know that I am definately not touching it... Yeesh!

You just touched it - Bahahahahaha...now you've got the cooties!!!!!
::::::::running from Elaine:::::::::

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k262/mrsford7/blinky/bliss.gif

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Poor Jodi is just trying to ask a simple question!

Not trying to "stir things up", but a relative purchased something on ebay and paid via credit card through paypal. When he didn't receive the products, he notified the credit card company and/or paypal... the credit card company went after the person and refunded his money. It is credit card fraud or something like that. This was a much bigger ticket item obviously, but I always pay with a credit card after this.

dannyzmom said:
Oh, I remember that!........:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: It did make for some interesting conversations around here for a while though :eek: :yuck: :grumpy: :angel:

KellyTheChef said:
Jodi~

I am sorry that this is happening to you. I have sold and purchased many things on our market place and never had a problem. Hopefully you will get this resolved and get your answer/product from the person quickly!

Yes you have Kelly... and i'm STILL using my dots mugs everyday! LOL.

Sorry Jodi, that really stinks! I would e-mail the person you bought your items from and tell them that if they don't respond you're going to post their name in a thread. lol Sorry I have a tendency to be mean when someone takes my money and gives me nothing but a headache!

kcjodih said:
Hmmm.. does paypal help only when it's through ebay? Because it was a purchase here in the marketplace not ebay. Also, we did have a negative experience once before with paypal - made a deposit on a large item we were going to the U.S. to pick up. Item was anywhere NEAR what was described and buddy nor paypal wouldn't give the deposit back. Lost $500!

Anyway, I'm REALLY not trying to stir up the pot! I was only wondering if it's just my crappy luck. I've been trying to give the benefit of the doubt that maybe just maybe it will arrive today, tomorrow, the next day etc. but it's been a month and when I didn't receive a reply to either methods of communication I started thinking uh oh!

Guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed (for a little while longer anyway!). After that I WILL warn anyone if I see this person selling anything else on here :mad:

Paypal helps with various disputes...just go on their website and read and you should be able to open a dispute. Keep any e-mails or messages you have back and forth. Best to start there and deal with them and the person you bought from. We here can't really do anything about it except gossip since we weren't a part of it so let's not go there...

dannyzmom said:

"Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...glad I got my cootie shot." Anyone else have a teenage daughter with the soundtrack to Hairspray? The Cootie Song is her favorite....ugh, we listen to it ALL the time!!! :eek:

Back to Jodi's question....you might ask Greg what he recommends you do. Maybe he can "ground" them from CS until you receive your order :)

janetupnorth said:
Paypal helps with various disputes...just go on their website and read and you should be able to open a dispute. Keep any e-mails or messages you have back and forth. Best to start there and deal with them and the person you bought from. We here can't really do anything about it except gossip since we weren't a part of it so let's not go there...

I wasn't trying to 'start' anything. I just wanted to hear if the majority of transactions on the marketplace were positive ones because this really burns me :mad: I've done a few before both buying and selling and had NO problems whatsoever. I also wanted to see if someone would say ''oh yes, had a problem with someone, I'll PM you with who" and then I'd know 'okay, there's a history' and I should have stayed away.

I really don't want to 'out' anyone since you never know what's going on in someone else's life. There could easily be circumstances I'm unaware of. However, dropping me a line or replying to my message would be the considerate thing to do if this was the case.

Anyway, I'll give it a few more weeks and track her online activity to see if she comes on here and just doesn't reply.

Jodi - please reread what you just typed in response to me. It makes no sense to me. I just typed you a step by step process to deal with paypal.

I suggested you "start your process" there and only stated that we can't really help you here with that except talk about it.

Nothing intended against you, not saying you're "starting anything" like picking a fight. Re-read what I typed with logic. I am an engineer, I am process oriented, I go step-by-step.

I also deal with E-bay sales and paypal at work daily as a subportion of my job. I am stating that it is best for you to start your process there right away and save those items. That is your best and quickest recourse.

I don't know how you mixed up starting a process with starting a fight...well, yes I do, that's how things like text online gets screwed up - misinterpretation of words, meanings and intent.

Good luck to you and I hope you get your merchandise or money back. I've personally had some good transactions here on both ends (buyer and seller).

We here can't really do anything about it except gossip since we weren't a part of it so let's not go there...

Janet, this was what I was replying to when I mentioned I didn't want to 'start' anything, 'out' anyone or cause problems. I just really wanted to hear if there had been anyone else with problems.

Thank you for your advice regarding paypal. I want to start on it now but don't want to offend the seller. Do you think I should wait a bit for a reply to my emails or just go ahead and get started? Like I said, there could be circumstances I'm unaware of and starting the paypal process could just upset the seller - who may or may not still have my merchandise. I don't know whether to wait a little bit longer or not!!! ARGGG!

On Paypal the dipute is intended to facilitate the communication so I'd go ahead and get started. If you find the seller did have personal circumstances and are sympathetic to those later, you can end your dispute mutually without any harm to either party. It just helps force the response or communication. I've had disputes end mutually with my work accounts. Some people although they are online don't understand fully how transactions work best and often forget to communicate.

If you have any specific questions of how to get into it in Paypal just yell, it is pretty easy.

I agree with Janet...you have already tried to contact this person with no response. If they *DO* respond to you, you can close the dispute and there is no "negative action" taken against them.

I know this cuz someone opened a dispute against me last year. I sold a few things on Ebay, mailed them all out on the same day, and one person claimed that he never received anything. When I told him that it was his own fault for not purchasing insurance (I offered it on the product) he got all mad and opened a dispute. He wanted ALL of his money back. We ended up making a "deal" that worked out so he closed the dispute. I gave him half of the PRODUCT price, none of the shipping price. Honestly, he could have been making the whole thing up...so there was no way I was giving him 100% of his $$ back. Lesson learned: include delivery confirmation in the price of shipping so that I can tell whether or not someone actually received something! Sorry to veer off topic...I just wanted to let you know that if you resolve the case, there will be nothing "against" that person through PayPal.

Well. Well. Well. (finally that is)

I am glad to say that I am caught up on all of my shots!

In the long run, I am extremely proud that I helped, but man, whatever virus that was..it sure took me down! I hope I don't ever question whether or not to get involved because I might get "ill".

That experience taught me -to get involved I need to be prepared by having lots of surgical gear on hand (to protect my way too sensitive feelings) and to always have my shots up to date...especially that darn cootie shot.

Carolyn you are a smartypants:angel:

Chefgirl2 said:
Well. Well. Well. (finally that is)

I am glad to say that I am caught up on all of my shots!

In the long run, I am extremely proud that I helped, but man, whatever virus that was..it sure took me down! I hope I don't ever question whether or not to get involved because I might get "ill".

That experience taught me -to get involved I need to be prepared by having lots of surgical gear on hand (to protect my way too sensitive feelings) and to always have my shots up to date...especially that darn cootie shot.

Carolyn you are a smartypants:angel:

Oh and given my post-Atlantis cooties...wow - beware! LOL
I am planning to be up-to-date on all my shots...flu shot, rabies and everything in between before we head out to DC in June...don't wanna re-live that virus ever again. Every time I look at our pics, I see that last ine - of you me & Tami by the poolside on the last day - I am draped in a towel and looknig like I am ready to collapse...ugh It brings back memories...

Okay, I just checked and she was on here TODAY at 2 pm! And NO response to my email or PM!!

Again thanks to Janet! I've taken your advise, started a dispute resolution and hopefully I hear back from her that way. It will be going to her hubby's email (that I paid her through) so hopefully she reads it or he shares it. In 21days I can then have paypal 'get involved' to resolve one way or another. Not holding my breath but we'll see. Really angry now that I've seen she's been on twice since I tried contacting her. :mad:

And it's not even a product that I could get elsewhere! Well maybe Ebay but not even going there......

kcjodih said:
but has anyone ever had a negative experience with the marketplace? Like purchasing something via paypal and not receiving the item after a month? I even PM'd the person and emailed them as well a few days ago and the online activity shows they were on here yesterday but they haven't replied back to my polite inquiry either in PM or email. I know it's buyer beware but this person wasn't a new member or anything. It's quite frustrating to spend over $20 and not receive anything, not even a reply! :( :mad:

I had the same problem with someone on our Marketplace....I paid with Paypal, I was told it would be shipped on a Tuesday (because Monday had been a holiday) and.....nothing. I've pm'd on here. I've emailed. There hasn't even been activity on this website since. This person wasn't a new member either....in fact has been a member for a long time....and a consultant for a long time. Very frustrating.

Oh, and does anyone know if there is a time limit to contact Paypal?? This was back in September....

Last edited:
I don't think there is a time limit. Go ahead and start the process. If there's a limit, you're only out the couple of minutes it will take you to contact them. If there's no limit, then you may get your money back. That's a no-brainer.

kcjodih said:
Okay, I just checked and she was on here TODAY at 2 pm! And NO response to my email or PM!!

Again thanks to Janet! I've taken your advise, started a dispute resolution and hopefully I hear back from her that way. It will be going to her hubby's email (that I paid her through) so hopefully she reads it or he shares it. In 21days I can then have paypal 'get involved' to resolve one way or another. Not holding my breath but we'll see. Really angry now that I've seen she's been on twice since I tried contacting her. :mad:

And it's not even a product that I could get elsewhere! Well maybe Ebay but not even going there......

Hopefully you will get a reply back from her this way!!
GOOD LUCK!!!

chefann said:
I don't think there is a time limit. Go ahead and start the process. If there's a limit, you're only out the couple of minutes it will take you to contact them. If there's no limit, then you may get your money back. That's a no-brainer.

yeah........it's too late for me.....

I went back through our PM's...this person was no longer going to be selling PC. I guess I should be glad it was only $10....

This issue is now being handled internally.

Related to Not Sure Where to Post This Question..

1. What is "Not Sure Where to Post This Question.."?

"Not Sure Where to Post This Question.." is a category on our Pampered Chef discussion forum where users can ask any questions that do not fit into our other categories.

2. How do I know if my question belongs in "Not Sure Where to Post This Question.."?

If your question does not pertain to a specific product or topic, it is likely best suited for the "Not Sure Where to Post This Question.." category. This includes general questions, troubleshooting, and seeking advice from the community.

3. Can I still receive help if I post my question in "Not Sure Where to Post This Question.."?

Absolutely! Our community is always willing to help and provide support, regardless of the category your question is posted in. However, posting in the appropriate category may lead to quicker and more accurate responses.

4. Can I post multiple questions in "Not Sure Where to Post This Question.."?

Yes, you can post as many questions as you need in this category. However, we recommend keeping your questions related to one another to avoid confusion and make it easier for others to provide assistance.

5. Is there a limit to how many times I can post in "Not Sure Where to Post This Question.."?

There is no limit to how many times you can post in this category. However, we encourage users to search for similar questions before posting to avoid duplicate posts and clutter on the forum.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • susanr613