• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non-Stick Cookware: Convincing Your Husband to Love It!

In summary, my husband does not like the nonstick part of our cookware. He would be convinced to switch to stainless if he could see how easy it is to keep clean.
milkangel
i want the non stick cookwere but my hubby does not like the nonstick part any suggestions to get hime look at it different> i also do tel him that it is baked on and not sprayed on like some are but no difference. any thing else to say or to look up?

Has he used/looked at the pan that came with your kit? Neither my husband or I were fans of nonstick at all, but I love my little pan :)I have a great set of SS, but now I want a set of OUR nonstick, too!

Why doesn't he like non stick?

There's also a lot of good info from DuPont about the autograph II nonstick coating on their website. Might just set his mind at ease if he's afraid of the teflon thing - like my mom.

If you cannot convince him, our stainless cookware is awesome, you just have to get used to cooking on it.

Have him cook an egg in the pan, then an egg in the stainless.

He'll agree the non stick is the way to go. I convinced a guest this way!

I am about to buy a set of cookware, and I can't decide which one I want! I like the non stick for the quick cleanup, but I like the stainless for how nice it looks as well as the fact that I just like stainless better. BUT I don't like the stainless, because it does take a little elbow grease to keep it nice and shiny. Hmmmm... I don't know which one to buy...LOL

elizabethfox said:
I am about to buy a set of cookware, and I can't decide which one I want! I like the non stick for the quick cleanup, but I like the stainless for how nice it looks as well as the fact that I just like stainless better. BUT I don't like the stainless, because it does take a little elbow grease to keep it nice and shiny. Hmmmm... I don't know which one to buy...LOL
I love my 7 peice Executive set. It's what gets used most in my house. If you are worried about stainless, I suggest buying one peice right now and see how you like it. Some people like it, some hate it. I didn't think I would until I tried it. They aren't very hard to clean but they do loose their nice shiny look but I've heard it's very easy to fix that just don't have to time to do it myself.

he does not like the tuflone thing. it is not good for you and we had other pans in the past that had it on and it flaked off. i have used my recuters big skillet and i fell in love with it. i do have ones that are stanless w/copper botum and had for a while. any suggetions?

Our non stick coating is guaranteed not to flake off.

milkangel said:
he does not like the tuflone thing. it is not good for you and we had other pans in the past that had it on and it flaked off. i have used my recuters big skillet and i fell in love with it. i do have ones that are stanless w/copper botum and had for a while. any suggetions?
The non stick coating is only not good for you if you over heat the pan and there is nothing in it. With proper use, the pans are wonderful. With any good quality cookware, you never want to put it on high and you never want to use it without any food in there. It will also not flake off and if it does it's covered by life time warranty.

milkangel said:

The teflon thing is a big deal if you're not informed & know how to properly use the cookware. You don't want to cook on high with it or heat it empty, but it's totally safe to use (properly).

i bought the ones i have now 2 years a go and he does not want me to throw them a way yet. now not to much aganst the nonstick ones.

a past host gave me her 2 items at 60%off but what to get any suggestions?

I would tell him that if you don't get the nonstick, then he always has to wash the dishes!!!!! Maybe that would convince him.

elizabethfox said:

Go with the executive line - OMG - its the best -

You wont be disappointed - and wait till you see your sales climb because your passion for the cookware will!!

milkangel said:
a past host gave me her 2 items at 60%off but what to get any suggestions?

12 inch executive skillet !!!!!! Grill Pan!!!!

Love all the pieces but the skillet is my fav- Its my "try me" piece at my shows -

i want to get the 7 piece set now at 60% off but a littlew tight with money right now other ideas what to get?

milkangel said:
i want to get the 7 piece set now at 60% off but a littlew tight with money right now other ideas what to get?

See my previous post!!:)

i have a very old sqare pan that i used for pankakes and bacon and everything esle any ides which one will replace it?

milkangel said:
i have a very old sqare pan that i used for pankakes and bacon and everything esle any ides which one will replace it?

The square griddle.

milkangel said:
Upgrade to the Double Burner Griddle. So much bigger and better than the square griddle! I love my DBG, use it all the time. I love the pour spout on it.

That is my hubby favorite!!!

i will replace it with the dbg any other ideas to get i do have a lot but a lot on a list yet after watching the interactive shows on dvd. any suggestions?

If you don't want to get a set I would get the 12" Executive pan if you don't have that already.

wadesgirl said:
If you don't want to get a set I would get the 12" Executive pan if you don't have that already.

Exactly what I said! Love that thing!

no i do not
and i am happy this sunday i have a show and i think i will be selling my first cookwere set!!! so happy

i do not want to spend over 100

Back to the Teflon thing. At a recent show I had a customer who brought up the whole Teflon "issue" and before I could get a word in, another guest (who is one of my favorite people of all time) said, "We should be more worried about what's IN our food, not what we cook it on.":D

Amen!

milkangel said:
i do not want to spend over 100

Correct me if I am wrong - I thought you posted a host was giving you the 60% special -

In that case the skillet is only 50

If not - well - its going to have to go by your budget - not much advise anyone can really give you on that one!!

dianevill said:
Back to the Teflon thing. At a recent show I had a customer who brought up the whole Teflon "issue" and before I could get a word in, another guest (who is one of my favorite people of all time) said, "We should be more worried about what's IN our food, not what we cook it on.":D

Amen!

Diane - I LOVE IT!!!! No wonder she is one of your fav people!! Smart woman!!

really good way to put it! and i agre

The Executive DBG is $46 and the Executive 12" skillet is $50. Puts you just under a $100. You'll go a little over with tax and shipping but it's cheaper than the DBG at normal price!

I've had my eye on that double griddle, but no idea how I would store it.

I use the 12" skillet a lot. It is great for the power cooking and browning 3 pounds hamburg.

My next fave is the 5 pc set - the 4 quart pot is a darling shape (slap me, I've gushed about it before) and great for pasta & soups.

1. Why should I choose non-stick cookware?

Non-stick cookware has many benefits, including easy cleanup, the ability to cook with less oil, and preventing food from sticking and burning. It's also great for cooking delicate foods like eggs and fish.

2. How can I convince my husband to love non-stick cookware?

One way to convince your husband is to showcase the convenience and time-saving benefits of non-stick cookware. You can also emphasize that it's a healthier option since you can use less oil when cooking.

3. What makes non-stick cookware different from other types?

Non-stick cookware is coated with a special material, usually Teflon or ceramic, which prevents food from sticking to the surface. This makes it easier to cook and clean up, compared to traditional cookware like stainless steel or cast iron.

4. Is non-stick cookware safe to use?

Yes, non-stick cookware is safe to use as long as you follow the manufacturer's instructions. It's important to avoid using metal utensils on the surface, as they can scratch and damage the coating. Also, make sure to use low to medium heat when cooking with non-stick cookware.

5. Are there any other advantages to using non-stick cookware?

Aside from being easy to clean and preventing food from sticking, non-stick cookware also heats up quickly and evenly, allowing you to cook food more efficiently. It's also great for making dishes like omelets or pancakes, which can be tricky to make with other types of cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• foodygirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • schel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
schel
Replies