• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nominated for the Hospitality Award

you are great at it and your team loves you for it.I think that is the most important thing.The reason is that your girls take your for granted and feel you will always be there for them regardless of how seriously they take it.
finley1991
WARNING: Read at your own risk... very whiney message ahead.

I an e-mail from HO this morning letting me know that I had been nominated for the hospitality award. The woman who nominated me wrote the most amazing note and it brought tears to my eyes (and for those of you who know me... I never get schmaltzy!)

It's a little bittersweet because I'm frustrated how I can't seem get anyone but one (MAYBE another when she feels like it) on my team to come to trainings, return my calls or participate in anything. It's just not important to them. (Insert whiney voice here...) They don't seem to really appreciate me!!!! :(

I'm probably just feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. Why do my hospitality love me but not my own team?

Well, you're obviously doing something right! Congrats on the nomination.

As far as YOUR team... If you can't change your team, change your team. Go find people who want to succeed and grow in their businesses!

Don't take it personally, Colleen. It is a bummer when people just don't seem as motivated as you. That's great though that you were nominated AND that HO told you about it! How cool. :) Congrats on that!

I bet your team DOES love you. A lot of times I bet consultants take their Directors for granted, unfortunately.:( I BET you're a GREAT director just based on all you post here and all of your great feedback and advice.

Congrats on the warm fuzzies/nomination!!!

Thanks for the warm fuzzies ladies! I now have a big smile on my face! :D

Colleen I had had the very same problem. Lots of very devoted hospitality people and no one else. It is hard. Keep up the good work and others will notice that they could be getting more from the meeting and trainings as well.

Oh how cool that you were nominated Colleen!

change your team.....and remember, we rarely tell our uplines how happy we are with them, we just expect them to do their jobs!

I think Becky is right; most folks tend to take their up-lines for granted. We love you Colleen! :love0010:

Oh yea, I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on the nomination! You ROCK!

Congrats Colleen!! That is too cool!! I know we all feel that way sometimes but I'm sure "some" of them really do care!!:) I know we do!

That's cool!

Here's your pineapple (sorry it's not crystal)

DancingPinapple.gif

Oh, I didn't know it would be so big! (I bet KG would be jealous...)

too funny linda!!!!!!!

OMG!!!! That totally made my morning!!!!

better than that dancing banana!!!

Hey, who can top Linda's pineapple!!! That was great!

Colleen, I too received a wonderful nomination letter like that one time too and it is very touching. Congratulations! Another difference is that only hospitality gets to write these letters. Our own teams are not asked to do so. I did not read the letter at a cluster meeting, but I did thank the hospitality person at a cluster meeting, for the honor of being nominated by them.

I know that team members have no clue as to the time and money that is put into their meetings. And let's face it...it is THEIR meeting! Yes, we gain from our meetings too, but we plan them around their needs.

Directors can be looked at as having a cake walk and getting extra cash to be on that cake walk. Even over on CS you could see this emotion flair up. It can be called envy, however, it also can be them trying to make themselves feel better because you are asking them to get out of their comfort zone and that is uncomfortable.

You are fine. It is their emotion and it is up to you to accept it or let it remain as it is.....their own personal emotion. It reminds me of a song lyric...."we put the mind on idle and let the others take it for a ride"

(Now I will print this and post it up where I can see it and remind myself of this!!! I struggle with this far too much!!)

So Colleen...you come here anytime you need support!! You rock and that is all there is to it!!!:chef:

Great words Ann! (Tempted to post it over on CS :devil: )

Very Cool and you are very deserving!!!

The reason is your girls take your for granted and feel you will always be there for them regardless of how seriously they take it. The Hospitality ones appreciate you more and notice the extra effort because you don't have to do it and do.

You keep on doing what you do best.

I would share the nomination information at your next training or send out an e-mail to everyone about it. Indirectly let them know that you appreciate being appreciated because your time is valuable and you want THEM to reap the benefits of it.

Addie4TLC said:
I would share the nomination information at your next training or send out an e-mail to everyone about it. Indirectly let them know that you appreciate being appreciated because your time is valuable and you want THEM to reap the benefits of it.

Thanks... I did in my monday morning weekly team e-mail... no one said anything.

Oh well! I'm not feeling down about it anymore!

Maybe they are too ashamed to say anything. :)

1. What is the Hospitality Award?

The Hospitality Award is an honor given to individuals or businesses in recognition of their exceptional service and hospitality in the food and cooking industry.

2. How can I be nominated for the Hospitality Award?

Nominations for the Hospitality Award can be made by anyone, including customers, colleagues, or industry professionals. You can also nominate yourself or your own business.

3. What are the criteria for winning the Hospitality Award?

The criteria for winning the Hospitality Award include outstanding customer service, exceptional culinary skills, a welcoming and inviting atmosphere, and a commitment to excellence in the food and cooking industry.

4. What are the benefits of winning the Hospitality Award?

Winning the Hospitality Award can bring increased recognition and credibility to your business, attract new customers, and potentially lead to new networking and business opportunities in the food and cooking industry.

5. Is there a fee for being nominated or winning the Hospitality Award?

No, there is no fee for being nominated or winning the Hospitality Award. It is a free and prestigious honor given to those who excel in the food and cooking industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies