• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director My Team Is Small and Spread-Out

In summary, the conversation is about keeping a small, new team spread over 3 states motivated, informed, and recognized. The speaker is seeking advice on writing a newsletter to introduce the team and recognize their accomplishments, as well as finding ways to recognize out-of-state consultants and how to handle hospitality for them. Other speakers offer their suggestions, such as recognizing top sales and shows with prizes, promoting to a higher level with business cards, and highlighting individual accomplishments in the newsletter. The importance of recognizing all types of accomplishments is also emphasized.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Not sure of which category to post this since I need several bases covered.

My team is small, fairly new, and spread over 3 states. What is the best way for me to keep everyone motivated, informed, recognized, and made to feel like an integral part of the team?

My SED said that I should start-out by writing my first cluster newsleter. I've got tons of ideas in my head, but everytime I sit down to write it I go completely blank. I plan to do a blurb on us becoming our own cluster, introducing everyone with a sentance or two (none of them have ever met each other), and I also need a section for recognition....

So, how do you recognize your team's accomplishments, even those who are far away, to keep everything fair? Tops shows, top sales, sales over $$, most shows, more shows than ##, recruiting, most bookings..... Since I know it isn't possible for the out-of-state consultants to come to our meetings, should I recognize them with something other than a phone call, email, or post card? What?

I have found hospitality for my consultant in TN and am having trouble finding hospitality for the one in FL. As soon as my promotion is official I plan to ask HO for a local director in her area. Do I then send prizes or $$ to the Hospitality Director to take care of my consultant?

My head is spinning....any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

As far as hospitality goes just wait and talk to the other director. Sometimes it is easier for them to include your people in what they do and then you can just send money when you need to. Honostly I prefer it that way for the people that I do hospitality with, that way I am not waiting on a bunch of directors to get stuff to me.
I recognize top sales over $1000, high shows and show average over $400, and all recruiting. I also make a point of recognizing anyone that has just done a great job, done thier personal best, or stepped out of thier confort zone.

HO should be able to get a director for you in FL. I have found that most of my consultants never actually go to meetings with hospitality even after I have set it up.
HTH

for recognition I do:
highest sales - basket pick
highest show- basket pick
most shows - basket pick
basket picks are small products/door prizes and/or business supplies (SBRC pack, invites, recipe cards)
$1000 shows get charm holder and pins
recruiting - heart charm holder and heart charms. all recruiters for a month get a special award - product from my DB box
business staple award (submit $1250 sales) get a $5 Staples GC

promoting:
promote to FD/director and I'll get them 250 new business cards from Merrill.

My group is growing but is spread out over 6 or 7 states. I am not sure if the head spinning ever ends...but for me, I find the newsletter not only gives recognition but my opportunity for training out of state.

My mantra is...I NEED TO GET ON THE PHONE MORE!!

For recognition do the following:

Top Sales $3 Pampered Chef dollars

Top Show $1 Pampered Chef dollar

Top Show Average $1 Pampered Chef dollar

Most Bookings $1 Pampered Chef dollar

$1000 show: $1000 rhinstone charm and "$" sign charm for each $1000 show

Recruit: Recruiting Key charm holder (the key has a heart shape in the area you would hold a key) and a mini key charm.

For bringing a recruit lead to a meeting: a charm holder pin that says "Share the Dream" and I have a little pineapple charm to add to that. (for those who do not know, the pineapple is a symbol of hospitality"

I try to highlight much more recognition in my newsletters too but do not offer "things". People just like to see their name. In one area of my newsletter, I do breakdown an area that lists any one who did a "$1000 party, $900 party, $800 party, etc. down to $400. Then I add "Thank you to all of those who put on their apron this month" and then list everyone who submitted ANY kind or amount of a sale. This way everyone gets some sort of recognition.

Ann, I love the idea of recognizing all accomplishments. My AD, who I do my meetings with (along with my own director and a sister Director) alwayhs makes a big deal out of "I only recognize sales over $1,000!! What about those folks that have no desire to do that? It is not fair to never get recognition when you add to the cluster total. Your wording for this is great!

I've always been very individual with recognition. What might be a big accomplishment for one person might not be one at all for another. I ask my consultants to email me with any achievements.This could range from simply stepping out their comfort zone, thinking out of the box, doing their first fair, having their higest sales month- anything. I have a small group too-10-12- and I find this works for me. Sometimes I honor them at the meeting, sometimes just with a congrats email.

congrats---I am sooo happy for you!!Welcome home!

I do a "Monday Motivation" e-mail that I send out every Monday. I've found that with weekly recognition of the top sales people, the consultants on my team (even the out of towners) compete for the #1 spot. This way everyone on my team is a part of it.

Hope that helps!

chefmeg said:
Ann, I love the idea of recognizing all accomplishments. My AD, who I do my meetings with (along with my own director and a sister Director) alwayhs makes a big deal out of "I only recognize sales over $1,000!! What about those folks that have no desire to do that? It is not fair to never get recognition when you add to the cluster total. Your wording for this is great!

No doubt, I love $1000 parties as a Director and doing my own!! But let's face it, I am just happy that some remain active. That is all they want to do. I am sure you are familiar with the "We have aprons in 5 sizes" flyer. For me, an active "hobbiest" or one that is in it to do family and friend only parties make me happy too! One of the great things about this business is the flexibility and no pressure to produce every single month.

I don't want anyone to lose interest because they didn't meet "my" standard. I want them to be happy that they stayed active, that this business fits into THEIR lives and know that I am there if they ever want to make more of their business.

Happy Chef said:
I've always been very individual with recognition. What might be a big accomplishment for one person might not be one at all for another. I ask my consultants to email me with any achievements.This could range from simply stepping out their comfort zone, thinking out of the box, doing their first fair, having their higest sales month- anything. I have a small group too-10-12- and I find this works for me. Sometimes I honor them at the meeting, sometimes just with a congrats email.

Love this Debbie, I think I will try to do this too!!! Great ideas!!!:party:

baychef said:
No doubt, I love $1000 parties as a Director and doing my own!! But let's face it, I am just happy that some remain active. That is all they want to do. I am sure you are familiar with the "We have aprons in 5 sizes" flyer. For me, an active "hobbiest" or one that is in it to do family and friend only parties make me happy too! One of the great things about this business is the flexibility and no pressure to produce every single month.

I don't want anyone to lose interest because they didn't meet "my" standard. I want them to be happy that they stayed active, that this business fits into THEIR lives and know that I am there if they ever want to make more of their business.

Ann, Great points! I feel the exact same way! There are so many consultants that are just staying active, and like you said, they may be happy with that. So, to discourage them from that is going to end up being counterproductive! BTW, I have heard the Aprons in 5 Sizes thing, but if you have a flyer, would you mind attaching it? Thanks!! :)

1. How can I effectively communicate with my team if they are spread out?

To effectively communicate with a small and spread-out team, it is important to utilize technology and virtual tools. Schedule regular virtual meetings using video conferencing platforms like Zoom or Skype. Use project management tools like Trello or Asana to assign tasks and track progress. Utilize instant messaging apps like Slack or Microsoft Teams to stay connected throughout the day. Also, make sure to establish clear communication guidelines and expectations for your team.

2. How can I ensure my team feels connected and cohesive despite the distance?

To ensure your team feels connected and cohesive, make an effort to schedule team-building activities and virtual social events. This could include virtual happy hours, online games, or even virtual team lunches. Encourage your team to share personal updates and get to know each other on a more personal level. You can also consider sending care packages or personalized gifts to your team members to show your appreciation and strengthen team bonds.

3. How can I effectively manage and delegate tasks to my team if they are not physically present?

Managing and delegating tasks to a remote team requires clear communication and trust. Make sure to clearly outline expectations and deadlines for tasks. Utilize project management tools to assign tasks and track progress. It is also important to trust your team members to complete their tasks and provide support and resources as needed. Regular check-ins and communication will also help ensure tasks are being completed effectively.

4. How can I help my team stay motivated and productive while working remotely?

To help your team stay motivated and productive, it is important to set clear goals and expectations for their work. Provide regular feedback and recognition for their efforts. Encourage breaks and time away from work to avoid burnout. It is also important to provide the necessary resources and support for your team to successfully complete their tasks. Regular communication and check-ins can also help boost morale and keep your team on track.

5. How can I foster a positive and supportive team culture within a small and spread-out team?

To foster a positive and supportive team culture, make sure to lead by example and promote open communication and collaboration. Encourage feedback and ideas from your team members and make an effort to address any conflicts or issues that may arise. Celebrate successes and recognize individual and team contributions. It is also important to promote work-life balance and support your team's well-being. Regular team check-ins and social events can also help strengthen team bonds and foster a positive team culture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies