• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Replacement Parts for Coolnserve

In summary, the Cool & Serve part of the conversation broke and the party-goer had to make a one-time adjustment to replace the whole thing.
ChefCKHall
Well, my first show offering the Cool & Serve...someone walked by, bumped one of the inside plastic trays off the table onto a tile floor and CRACK! We all sang taps....

Called HO today to share my sadness:cry: and she said there are no replacement parts available for the CoolnServe. However, she did make a one time adjustment to replace the whole thing though they would normally not do that.

Made me a happy girl:sing:

Just be careful when using them cuz if they crack, you may end up having to order the whole thing again. Same with customers purchasing them.

She did not know if replacements would be available in September...

CK

Geesh, good to know there aren't replacement parts--hopefully there will be soon.

I had an issue with mine breaking too, from dropping it.

It sounds like there have been a fair number of us that have had the misfortune of dropping parts of it and breaking it. I sure hope that HO starts to sell replacement parts for these, b/c I'm guessing as more & more customers start purchasing these, there will be more & more breakage issues. I don't expect it to be covered under warranty, but would hope they would at least offer replacement parts.

It is a pretty fragile item, considering its use it going to be primarily outdoors. I still think it is a great product, but could see issues arising with potential breakage issues :(

So we should be more careful! This is not metal; it's acrylic! It will break! I can't imagine thinking it won't! Things like this, I keep as close to the center of the table and away from "little people's helpful hands" as possible. Just think of this as "clear stoneware"! You'd never think of dropping your stoneware and it not breaking!

It's supposed to be a durable plastic. Call. They need to know that it isn't holding up. If you wanted it to break you would buy glass.

Since when is acrylic plastic ever durable? I'm with chefjane on this one. Mine has scratches left and right on it from one summer BBQ with no kids...acrylic is super hard therefore almost brittle. I think they will see more broken than in one piece after a summer of abuse. I love it and can't wait to see them and use my a ton but I just think its more pretty than durable. I like the comment about clear stoneware. :)

krahema said:
It is a pretty fragile item, considering its use it going to be primarily outdoors. I still think it is a great product, but could see issues arising with potential breakage issues :(

Hmm, guess we should warn our customers to only use them in grassy areas, eh?:D:D

Mine was only on a dining room table (as the bugs liked the food too mcuh to keep it outside) and the lid has the scratches just from it moving on the table as people 'dipped' into the choc fondue dip I had in there and others. Its a shame it isn't more user friendly...PC needs to make a hybrid with Rubbermaid :)

Melissa...bite your Rubbermaid tongue!!:D I understand what you are all saying. I have carried mine in the plastic it came in and have not used it for anything but demos. It's like my grill baskets..they have never been used. And we need a new grill (won't be getting that anytime soon) so they have never been used.

Home Office needs to know if the products are scratching and breaking with normal use and care. If the manufacturer changes a formula they won't know it unless you call,complain and let them send you a replacement so they can test the damage.

Chefgirl2 said:
Home Office needs to know if the products are scratching and breaking with normal use and care. If the manufacturer changes a formula they won't know it unless you call,complain and let them send you a replacement so they can test the damage.

This is true...but not another Stop Sell..I can't take it!!! Still recovering from the announcement earlier today!

No...Simple Add, they had no clue that the ice shakers/buckets were scratching when I called...same with rusting salad choppers and scratching Simple Additions...they paid for returns and sent me replacements first.

Last edited:
I found the perfect "tote bag" for my Cool & Serve - now I can "baby it" as I take it places!

http://31giftsonline.com/products/thirty-one-bags/square-utility-tote

I was invited to a Thirty-One Gifts party last month by a woman I know from my kids' school. She wants to host a PC party later this summer, so I felt I should definately go to the 31 party. I purchased on of these Square Utility Totes, not thinking about the Cool & Serve, but I just got my tote yesterday and it fits the Cool & Serve PERFECTLY! And, since the Cool & Serve's lid has a flat top, you could easily pack additional items on top of it in the tote.

I'm hoping this mom does a PC party, b/c I know a lot of the ladies at the 31 party ordered this tote & I plan on making a big deal of how the Cool & Serve fits so well in it. They were all raving about the tote, saying how it would be great to take food to picnics/potlucks; now I can tell them I have the perfect container for the food!

I just got my replacement cool and serve this morning. I am going to be extra, extra careful how it gets shown. I love it and want others to see how great it is but will have to make sure the surface is perfect for showing, don't want mine all scratched up!

krahema said:
I found the perfect "tote bag" for my Cool & Serve - now I can "baby it" as I take it places!

I was invited to a Thirty-One Gifts party last month by a woman I know from my kids' school. She wants to host a PC party later this summer, so I felt I should definately go to the 31 party. I purchased on of these Square Utility Totes, not thinking about the Cool & Serve, but I just got my tote yesterday and it fits the Cool & Serve PERFECTLY! And, since the Cool & Serve's lid has a flat top, you could easily pack additional items on top of it in the tote.

I'm hoping this mom does a PC party, b/c I know a lot of the ladies at the 31 party ordered this tote & I plan on making a big deal of how the Cool & Serve fits so well in it. They were all raving about the tote, saying how it would be great to take food to picnics/potlucks; now I can tell them I have the perfect container for the food!

Thanks for sharing this as I think it is important to be able to transport this product to parties and this could be the solution! How well is it made?

krahema said:

I was invited to a Thirty-One Gifts party last month by a woman I know from my kids' school. QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. I am a bag-aholic! These all look very nice and right up my alley.

krahema said:

Is it snug? Is it tricky lifting the C&S tray out of the bag?

babywings76 said:

That's the other question I have too!

I just put it on top of things in my consultant tote to take to shows. I don't feel a need to spend money on totes when I am snowed in by PC totes. I must have something it'll fit in...

Mine arrived broken. It seems as if when the chip/dip inserts are in, it is such a snug fit that one little bump and it breaks. I have a replacement on the way.

pamperedharriet said:
Thanks for sharing this as I think it is important to be able to transport this product to parties and this could be the solution! How well is it made?

It seems like it will be durable - it is made of a kind of "canvas-ey" material & collapses when not in use (but I think I'm going to just store my Cool & Serve in it - just for a little extra protection!).

babywings76 said:

It fits very nicely - not tricky to get in & out (which could be a hassle if you had food nicely displayed in the tray). You have to put it in on a very slight angle, but nothing that would disrupt the food inside.

BethCooks4U said:
I just put it on top of things in my consultant tote to take to shows. I don't feel a need to spend money on totes when I am snowed in by PC totes. I must have something it'll fit in...

This is exactly what I did with my first one, and the host who was helping me carry in my products (I'm 7 1/2 mos pregnant, so at this point I have to accept help!), drop it & the Cool & Serve shattered.

I was happy to find a smaller tote that I can put the cool & serve in (probably along with my catalogs/paperwork on top), and can still lift/carry myself.

Plus, this tote will work perfectly for when I'm taking the Cool & Serve to a picnic/pot luck to actually serve food in, instead of taking it to "work" :)

Thanks krahema for your input. You answered my questions. I would rather have a bag that I would be able to put it in and not on an angle in my opinion. Depending on what I would have in there it could make a difference. I want to be able to put it in flat with some room around it for padding.

pamperedharriet said:
Thanks krahema for your input. You answered my questions. I would rather have a bag that I would be able to put it in and not on an angle in my opinion. Depending on what I would have in there it could make a difference. I want to be able to put it in flat with some room around it for padding.

Once it is in the bag, it does sit flat. I will try to take a picture to post at some point today :)

krahema said:
Once it is in the bag, it does sit flat. I will try to take a picture to post at some point today :)

Thanks. I'd love to see it.:chef:

I just talked with someone in the Solutions Center and she thinks replacement parts will be available 'soon'. Mine fell off the fridge today and the top shattered.

What is "No Replacement Parts for Coolnserve"?

"No Replacement Parts for Coolnserve" is a policy from Pampered Chef that states we do not offer replacement parts for our Coolnserve products. This includes any broken or lost pieces.

Why does Pampered Chef have this policy?

We have this policy in place to ensure the quality and safety of our products. Our Coolnserve products are designed to be used as a complete set, and using replacement parts from other sources may compromise their effectiveness and safety.

What should I do if I need a replacement part for my Coolnserve product?

If you find yourself in need of a replacement part for your Coolnserve product, we recommend purchasing a new set. This will ensure that all parts work together seamlessly and maintain the high quality and safety standards of our products.

Can I still use my Coolnserve product if a part is missing or broken?

We do not recommend using a Coolnserve product if any parts are missing or broken. This can affect the overall performance and safety of the product.

Are there any exceptions to this policy?

Unfortunately, there are no exceptions to our "No Replacement Parts for Coolnserve" policy. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding in helping us maintain the quality and safety of our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • chefannie
  • Products and Tips
Replies