• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Propane Needed: Compare No-Stick Sprays and the Kitchen Spritzer

In summary, the product reviews on TV last night compared Pam and other no-stick sprays, with a product similar to the PC Kitchen Spritzer. All of the products were pretty much the same, with the exception of the oil in the spritzer. The oil in the spritzer passed the taste test, and the only difference between it and the other products was that it contained propane. Everyone should read the labels on their products to make sure that they are not using propane.
Pamperedatlast
I was watching a program on TV last night that does product reviews. They were comparing Pam and other no-stick sprays along with a product similar to the PC Kitchen Spritzer.

They baked muffins and sprayed the pan using all the different products to compare which had the best no-stick quality. They were all pretty much the same.

Then they did a blind taste test and the only product that really passed the taste test was the oil in the spritzer. Okay, so even if that little story doesn't sell a spritzer, this one might....

Read the label....what's the magic ingredient in Pam, etc., that isn't in the Kitchen Spritzer? PROPANE! :eek: Yes, I know it dissipates...not 100%, but most of it. Still, PROPANE? No thanks.

Now, everybody run to their cupboard and read the label.

WowHi ! I did just run to my cabinet and look ! I have my local stores version of the Pam . it says Propellant. Great . Which is the same thing right ! So iam placing a order today for the kitchen spritzer. Any one got any good tips on exactly what i should put in it ?That is one of the few PC items i do not own!
Thank you ! :)

I love my spritzer!! Yes, it has its problems...clogging etc, but so do cans of Pam. I have really been seeing a lot of stuff on arisol cans lately. I received an email about a boy who was "huffing" Dust Off (canned air to clean electronics). He died. It has really made me aware of all the arisol cans in my home. This child's father is a drug enforcement officer and he thought all his talks with his kids about drugs would keep his kids safe. It just goes to show that they are never as safe as we like them to be. He thought this was a safe way to get a "buzz". I know we can't protect them from everything, but it does make you think.

Also, Pam will leave a yellow film on your stonewear after a lot of use. Our spritzer will not do that. And, you can put whatever kind of oil you like in ours...veg, corn, olive, whatever you prefer.

Shawnna

I had gotten that same e-mail a few days ago Shawna. Thanks for the spritzer stories. I think that will be on my list of things to get next. Its always nice to have story to go along with a product. I can't believe there is propane in my pam spray. Thats so gross. That kind of explains the funny smell everytime you spray it huh.

I ordered two (I used to have two, but my husband melted holes into both of them and they lost their seal lol). One is EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), and one is standard flavour-less vegetable oil (canola, saffron, etc...whatever I have on hand).

Btw...That story you got in your email is true. http://www.snopes.com/toxins/dustoff.asp It has happened to a number of kids. Imagine for those of us with asthma or allergies, what breathing in all that Pam in the kitchen has done to our lungs.

Spritzer TipThe best tip I ever heard regarding the spritzer is to unscrew the lid after you have used it to release the air pressure. The oil goes out of the nozzle and back into the bottle. I began doing it and NO MORE CLOGGING! I tell that at my shows and it's like a big "Ah ha" moment :)

PAM InfoAt our fall training meeting this past week. When talking about non-stick surfaces and the spritzer, etc., one of the consultants made the comment that cooking spray, is just one chemical short of jet fuel :eek: Scary! The consultant that was speaking on the cookware at the time, told us that not only was that true, but non-stick sprays such as PAM actually cook on to your cookware and stoneware surfaces and will eventually cause food to stick so badly you will not be able to use them.

Oh and the tip on releasing the air from the spritzer when you are done using it really does work! When I learned this tip I had just replaced the nozzle, because it was clogged and I could not get it to work. Since then I have not had any problems with my spritzer.

1. What is the difference between no-stick sprays and the Kitchen Spritzer?

No-stick sprays contain ingredients such as vegetable oil and lecithin to create a non-stick coating on pans, while the Kitchen Spritzer uses a pump mechanism to spray a fine mist of oil onto surfaces.

2. Do both options work equally well for preventing food from sticking?

Both options are effective in preventing food from sticking, but the Kitchen Spritzer allows for more control over the amount of oil used, resulting in less waste and potentially healthier cooking.

3. Can I use the no-stick spray and the Kitchen Spritzer interchangeably?

Yes, both options can be used interchangeably. However, keep in mind that the Kitchen Spritzer may not work as well on high-heat cooking methods, such as grilling or broiling.

4. Are there any health concerns with using no-stick sprays?

Some no-stick sprays may contain additives or propellants that can be harmful if inhaled or ingested. It is important to read the ingredient list and use these sprays in a well-ventilated area. The Kitchen Spritzer offers a more natural and controlled option.

5. Can I refill the Kitchen Spritzer with my own oil?

Yes, the Kitchen Spritzer can be refilled with any type of oil. This allows for a more cost-effective and environmentally-friendly option compared to purchasing multiple cans of no-stick spray.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
shaverdog
  • heat123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • cookinkaren99