• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Pie Filling Needed: Find the Perfect Microwave Fluted Cake

In summary, this recipe calls for a cake mix, chocolate frosting, fresh strawberries, and powdered sugar. One option is to use a stoneware fluted pan and another is to use a large round platter. The cake is microwaved for 13 minutes and then is served with strawberry slices and whipped cream.
amy07
Ok, I know I got a bunch of recipes for a microwave fluted cake on here, but they all had pie fillings. What is the one with the frosting on top and no pie filling? I'm sure I could search for it, but I'm sure that those of you online now can get me an answer before I can find it!:p

1 box Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
(ingredients to make cake as directed on box)
1 tub chocolate frosting
fresh strawberries
powdered sugar
Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream

-Prepare Stoneware Fluted Pan (pp34-37, $27.00) with Baker's Joy or with shortening and flour.

Measure water & oil using EASY READ MEASURING CUPS (p32, $22)

Whisk together cake mix, water, oil and eggs with Stainless Whisk (p30, $12) in Stainless Mixing Bowl (p31, $69.50)

-Using Small Mix n Scraper (p 26 in SS Kit– 4 in collection $7 - $13 – hostess half price item), scrape batter into Stoneware Fluted Pan.

-Using Medium Scoop(p 31, $9.25) , place evenly spaced dollops of frosting around top of uncooked batter using almost all of the frosting in the tub.

-Microwave for 13 minutes. If the microwave does not have a turntable, stop and rotate 1/4 turn every 3 minutes. (you may need to cook longer if it is an older microwave) Allow to sit for 15-20 minutes before turning out onto Simple Additions Medium Square (p 3, 6-9, $20 for set of 2).

-Sprinkle with powdered sugar from Flour/Sugar Shaker (p40, $5.50). Slice strawberries with Egg Slicer Plus (p 19, $10.25) and place around cake.

-Slice with the Slice n Serve (p 29) and decorate each serving with whipped cream out of the Easy Accent Decorator (p 39, $18.50).

IGNORE THE PAGE #S AND NOTATIONS - THOSE ARE ALL FROM LAST SUMMER

Thanks Carolyn-------you rock! See I KNEW someone would give me the info before I could find it!

You're welcome!!

Thanks Carolyn. Sounds like a good one to use.

Thanks Carolyn- I wish I had some Feb shows to do this at to sell the stone... there is always March!

Gillian--there's always every month to sell the stoneware. Not on sale, but hey more commission for us when it's not on sale!

The other thing too about these microwave cakes is that when it gets too hot to put a cake in the oven they have a better way to do it in the summer.

They are also quicker so if you get a call that company is coming you have time to bake one!

Got to love this!

Here is an updated version I just made with new prices, page #'s and I changed it to the round platter :)

DUH! Maybe I should post it...
1 box Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake Mix
(ingredients to make cake as directed on box)
1 tub chocolate frosting
fresh strawberries
powdered sugar
Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream

-Prepare Stoneware Fluted Pan (p 36, $27.00) with Baker's Joy or with shortening and flour.

Measure water & oil using EASY READ MEASURING CUPS (p 21, $22)

Whisk together cake mix, water, oil and eggs with Stainless Whisk (p 19, $12.50) in Stainless Mixing Bowl (p 18, $74.50)

-Using Small Mix n Scraper (p 13, $11, in SS Kit, 4 in collection– hostess half price item), scrape batter into Stoneware Fluted Pan.

-Using Medium Scoop(p 19, $11) , place evenly spaced dollops of frosting around top of uncooked batter using almost all of the frosting in the tub.

-Microwave for 13 minutes. If the microwave does not have a turntable, stop and rotate 1/4 turn every 3 minutes. (you may need to cook longer if it is an older microwave) Allow to sit for 15-20 minutes before turning out onto Simple Additions Large Round Platter (p 9, $38).

-Sprinkle with powdered sugar from Flour/Sugar Shaker (p 41, $5.75). Slice strawberries with Egg Slicer Plus (p 25, $10.50) and place around cake.

-Slice with the Slice n Serve (p 15, $7.00) and decorate each serving with whipped cream out of the Easy Accent Decorator (p 41, $18.50).

1. What is the purpose of the Microwave Fluted Cake?

The Microwave Fluted Cake is designed to create a perfectly shaped and delicious cake in a fraction of the time compared to traditional oven baking. It eliminates the need for pie filling and allows you to customize your cake with your favorite ingredients.

2. How do I use the Microwave Fluted Cake?

First, mix together your desired cake batter and pour it into the fluted cake pan. Place the pan in the microwave and cook according to the instructions provided. Once the cake is done, let it cool for a few minutes before removing it from the pan. Voila, you have a beautiful and tasty cake ready to be served!

3. What are the dimensions of the Microwave Fluted Cake?

The Microwave Fluted Cake pan measures 9 inches in diameter and 3 inches in height, making it the perfect size for a standard microwave. It can also hold up to 6 cups of batter, so you can make a cake big enough to satisfy a crowd.

4. Is the Microwave Fluted Cake dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Microwave Fluted Cake is dishwasher safe, making clean-up a breeze. Simply place it in the top rack of your dishwasher or hand wash with warm, soapy water.

5. Can I use the Microwave Fluted Cake for other types of desserts?

Definitely! While the Microwave Fluted Cake is specifically designed for cakes, you can also use it to make other desserts such as bread pudding, quiches, and even savory dishes like casseroles. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
lindseystar
  • ccrcata
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies