• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No-Oven Recipes: Cooking Without an Oven!

In summary, the host's oven broke, and she needs recipes that don't require the oven. Kristina offers to make a crust for the appetizer using crescents or pizza crust. My favorite dough is a bread machine recipe, anyway, so I'd rather use my own. Are you against taking a crust pre-baked? Because if you do that, you can do Clubhouse Chicken Squares, Cool Veggie Pizza or any of the dessert pizzas.
PCSarahjm
ok my host for next week just called and said her oven broke. I need recipes that do not require the oven. Please help!!

TRIFLE TRIFLE TRIFLE! So many trifle recipes that use already made pound cakes and angel food cakes. Offer to make a crust for the appetizer using crescents or pizza crust. My favorite dough is a bread machine recipe, anyway, so I'd rather use my own.

Are you against taking a crust pre-baked? Because if you do that, you can do Clubhouse Chicken Squares, Cool Veggie Pizza or any of the dessert pizzas. Take the cake portion pre-baked and you could do the Island Breeze Rum Cake.

You could also do:
trifle
Hot Pizza Dip (microwave)
30-Min Chicken (microwave)
10-Min Pork (microwave)
12-Min microwave cake
panini

Most of our salads do not require the oven. Do you have the new salad recipe book. There are so many good salads! The Asian Citrus is a favorite and I make it all the time!

Does she have a microwave? You could do the 30 minute chicken or the 10 minute pork tenderloin if you can use the microwave.

Any of the dessert pizzas would work well, too. Just prepare the cookie crust ahead of time. It needs time to cool, anyway.

Harvest Chicken Salad (with frozen, store bought grilled chicken) and Chocolate Silk Mousse - replace the crepes with the frozen, pre-baked phyllo dough SHELLS
YUM!

Thanks Everyone

Don't forget, too, that any of these "no oven" recipes are great for summer shows so you don't heat up the house. :)

Another advantage to the no-cook recipes is that you can do them anywhere, including by the pool.

Lime Berry Mousse Trifle!

I have made Mom's Apple Crisp (All the Best recipe book) a few times myself because I haven't had an oven since Sept 2006.

Mom's Apple Crisp is made in the microwave. Also another reason to get the ice cream out.

I did the lime-berry trifle and ice cream sandwich torte on Saturday and people loved them, no oven needed.

OMG, I love the Cool Veggie Pizza (you make the crust ahead of time out of crescent rolls and bring it). I have been with PC for 7 years and I bet I've made it a hundred times and it is ALWAYS a big hit. Easy, cheap, 'nuff said.

Nancy Collins

I did my first show at a house with no oven. Literally no oven! It was at my mum's and she sold her oven that wasn't working well so dad would buy a new one (he's a procrastinator about stuff like that, they still have the same dryer from 1976 when they got married). I did the wilted spinach salad with candied pepper bacon (best salad ever!) and just cooked the bacon before I went and wrapped it in foil.

Jae,

Would you mind sharing a bread machine recipe or two that you use for your shows?

Thanks,
Kristina

Whole Wheat Pizza Dough1 cup water (80 degrees F)
2 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup bread flour
2 1/4 tsp yeast
Add these to the bread pan in this order. I microwave the water for a few seconds and take the temperature with my PC instant thermometer. I can try to get the recipe for Hawiian Bread dough from a friend/hostess. I'll hopefully send it later.

Related to No-Oven Recipes: Cooking Without an Oven!

1. What are some easy no-oven recipes for beginners?

Some easy no-oven recipes for beginners include stovetop mac and cheese, slow cooker pulled pork, and no-bake energy bites.

2. How do I cook meat without an oven?

You can cook meat without an oven by using a stovetop, grill, or slow cooker. Some options for cooking meat without an oven include pan-searing, grilling, or braising in a slow cooker.

3. Can I still make desserts without an oven?

Yes, there are plenty of delicious dessert recipes that do not require an oven. Some examples include no-bake cheesecake, chocolate mousse, and icebox cakes.

4. Are there any safety precautions I should take when cooking without an oven?

Yes, it is important to use caution when cooking without an oven. Be sure to use proper cooking equipment and follow all instructions carefully to avoid any accidents. It is also important to use a food thermometer to ensure that meat is cooked to the correct internal temperature.

5. What types of dishes can I make without an oven?

There are many dishes that can be made without an oven, including stovetop meals, slow cooker recipes, and no-bake desserts. You can also use alternative cooking methods, such as grilling or using a microwave, to make a variety of dishes without an oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda