• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Bean Mexican Main Dish?-Need Asap!! Please!

In summary, the chicken fajita pizza includes a pouch of pizza crust mix, warm water, vegetable oil, cornmeal, chicken, red and green peppers, onion, garlic, and pantry southwestern seasoning mix. The pizza is topped with thick and chunky salsa, cheese blend, and chicken.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey ladies! I have a host on Thursday who wants mexican so I suggested the Family Size Baked Burrito and she said no beans. The next thing that came to mind is the Chicken Enchilada ring but that round of woman have already seem that demo. I don't really like the Taco Ring as a Demo so do you have any other suggestions? I have to call her in 15 minutes!!!!:eek:

How about Fista Nachos? Or Touchdown Taco Dip - omit the beans and add ground beef seasoned with Southwest Seasoning perhaps?

Do a recipeYou can do a recipe search on CC. I typed in "mexican" in the Key Word area, and a whole list came up. Then, you could search this site to see if the recipe is listed if you don't have the cookbook.

This was listed under a Product Use & Care recipe. You could leave out the black beans and make them on the side for those who want them, I'm sure.

HTH!

Beef and Vegetable Chili Mac
Ingredients:
1 pound lean ground beef
3/4 cup onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
1 cup beef broth
3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1 1/2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
Sour cream (optional)
Chopped cilantro (optional)

Directions:
1. Heat Family Skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.

2. Stir in tomatoes, beans, corn, broth, macaroni and seasoning. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed and macaroni is tender.

3. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.

Yield: 6 to 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 400, Total Fat 13 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

PampMomof3 said:
Hey ladies! I have a host on Thursday who wants mexican so I suggested the Family Size Baked Burrito and she said no beans. The next thing that came to mind is the Chicken Enchilada ring but that round of woman have already seem that demo. I don't really like the Taco Ring as a Demo so do you have any other suggestions? I have to call her in 15 minutes!!!!:eek:

Make it without the beans they'll never notice.

This looks good tooYou could make this using soy cheese instead of regular...oops wrong post! Got it confused with the no dairy, chocolate, etc., post!

Spicy Tuna Wraps
Ingredients:
1/2 cup (125 mL) light mayonnaise
1-2 tbsp (15-30 mL) seeded and finely chopped jalapeno pepper
2 tsp (10 mL) lime juice
1 can (6 oz/170 g) water-packed chunk light tuna, drained and flaked
6 (7-in./18 cm) flour tortillas
2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
1/2 cup/125 mL (2 oz/60 g) shredded Mexican cheese blend
1-2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
Optional toppings such as diced avocado, sliced green onions or snipped fresh cilantro

Directions:
1. In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, jalapeño pepper and lime juice; mix well. Drain tuna using Can Strainer. Stir tuna into mayonnaise mixture.

2. Spread tuna mixture evenly over each tortilla to within 1/4 inch (6 mm) of edge. Top with lettuce, cheese and tomato, pressing lightly. If desired, arrange additional toppings over filling. Roll up each tortilla tightly or fold in half and serve immediately.

Yield: 6 wraps

Nutrients per serving: U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 wrap): Calories 290, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Protein 12 g, Sodium 550 mg, Fiber 2 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Last edited:
Make the Tamale Round About in the Main Dishes cookbook. Page 58

I have made it and it is delicious!!

Email me if you need the recipe.

Una MuestraHere are Una Muestra recipes as well...I just learned a little while ago that the recipes come up in English from consultant's corner!

Attachments

• 2005 F-W Una Muestra de TPC all recipes.doc
    456.5 KB · Views: 276
  • 2006 S-S Una Muestra de TPC all recipes.doc
    378 KB · Views: 228
  • 2006 F-W Una Muestra de TPC all recipes.doc
    378 KB · Views: 215
You can make the Family Burrito without beans! It'll be just as good!

How about this

Chicken Fajita Pizza

1 pouch (16 ounces) Pizza Crust & Roll Mix (including yeast packet)
1 1/4 cups very warm water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon cornmeal
8 ounces cooked chicken, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
1 medium red pepper, sliced into strips
1 medium green pepper, sliced into strips
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 tablespoon Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
6 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend (1 1/2 cups)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Preheat oven to 425°F. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine pizza crust mix and yeast packet. Add water and vegetable oil; stir until mixture forms a ball. Turn dough out onto floured surface. With floured hands, gently knead dough 8-10 times. Sprinkle cornmeal over Large Round Stone. Roll dough to edge of baking stone using lightly floured Baker's Roller(R).

Chop cooked chicken using Food Chopper; set aside. Slice red and green peppers into 1-inch strips with Chef's Knife. Slice onion using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade; slice onion slices in half. Heat Stir-Fry Skillet over medium-high heat; spray with vegetable oil. Add peppers, onion, garlic using Garlic Press and seasoning mix; stir-fry 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salsa.

Arrange vegetable mixture over crust. Sprinkle chopped chicken over vegetable mixture. Top with cheese.

Bake 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle cilantro over pizza. Cut into wedges. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrates 36 g, Protein 18 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: Cook chicken in advance. Place two boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each) into Sauté Pan. Cook 6-8 minutes turning once or until meat is no longer pink in center

Ooohhh, the Chicken Fajita Pizza is delish!! ;) Yummy!! I haven't made that in a long time. :)

Thanks guys! I have never heard of the Fajita pizza! Yum, it sounds good~! We are doing the enchilada ring and the pineapple upside down cake and she is doing the taco ring herself. She already has $175 in orders and right now there are 13 confirmed. Wish me luck!:D

Thanks again!!!

1. What is a "No Bean Mexican Main Dish"?

A "No Bean Mexican Main Dish" is a type of meal that is inspired by traditional Mexican cuisine but does not include any beans as an ingredient. It can be made with a variety of ingredients and can be either spicy or mild in flavor.

2. Are there any dietary restrictions for this dish?

No, there are no specific dietary restrictions for a "No Bean Mexican Main Dish." However, it can easily be made vegetarian or vegan by omitting any meat ingredients and using plant-based substitutes.

3. What are some common ingredients used in a "No Bean Mexican Main Dish"?

Some common ingredients used in this dish include chicken, beef, or shrimp as the protein source, along with vegetables such as peppers, onions, and tomatoes. Spices like cumin, chili powder, and oregano are also commonly used for flavor.

4. Can I make this dish in advance?

Yes, you can make a "No Bean Mexican Main Dish" in advance and store it in the refrigerator for a few days. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Just make sure to reheat it thoroughly before serving.

5. What are some serving suggestions for this dish?

This dish can be served with rice, tortillas, or on top of a salad. You can also add toppings like avocado, cheese, cilantro, and sour cream for extra flavor. It can also be served as a filling for tacos, burritos, or enchiladas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• julsradford
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
Admin Greg