1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Newbie exchange question...

1. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

I ordered the wrong product for a guest because she didn't write down the product number (lesson learned!) and only wrote "mini measuring" when she wanted the Easy Read Mini Measuring Cup. But because I searched with what she wrote, the first one that popped up was the Mini Measure-All, and they were the same price.

Can I call the HO and just exchange them dollar for dollar since they cost the same? What about the CA sales tax increase? Would she owe the difference the 1% increase causes? Would she (or I) have to pay for shipping either for returning the item or the new item?

She's holding a show in a week so if she or I would have to pay for return shipping as well as shipping for the right item I'll just wait til her show, add it to her order (to get the free shipping) and then pay for the one I got her accidentally out of pocket and keep it as a prize. But I would like to know the exchange/return process for future reference.

Apr 5, 2009
  2. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I would email HO. If it's within 30 days of the shipment day HO will pay for the hsipping back to them.

Apr 5, 2009
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

And, the sales tax was already paid. They'll exchange it without any problem. You'll just have to let them know where to pick it up.

Apr 5, 2009
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

You have to call them and do an exchange. There will be no money owed and PC will send FedEx to pick up the wrong item. It's not a big deal, as long as you can get through to the Solution Center on the phone.

Apr 5, 2009
  5. PampMomof3

PampMomof3 Legend Member Gold Member

and I think they're open today.

Apr 5, 2009
  6. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

Ok, thank you!

Apr 5, 2009
Have something to add?