• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Home & Garden Show Leads: Tips for Successful Bookings

if they're interested in booking a show, they should definitely come by the booth. If they're not interested, I tell them that and that they can always e-mail me if they want to book at a future date.
jj16
Gold Member
Okay so I got some leads from a Home & Garden show and I am really discouraged now. Out of the 9 that I got in touch with (spoke to a real live person) I got absolutely no bookings. I asked them if this was a good time to talk, had conversation, talked a little bit about the Home & Garden Show and nobody would book. Why the reluctance to book. When they said they didn't want to book I asked if they would be willing to attend a fundraiser. All but 3 said yes. So at this point since I only have 6 leads left that I didn't get in touch with that didn't answer I'm thinking of doing a fundraiser of my own and sending out invitations to these ladies too.

Why such a poor response. I knew that not all of them would but I thought I might be able to get say 3 that would be willing to host a show. I guess my expectations were too high. Is it better to skip the drawing and just talk to them one on one and try to schedule them right there at the show? Just thought I'd ask since I have a couple of other events coming up and if I get a spot in the Farmer's Market I may try a different approach. What do you all think? I got a better response with my catalog tote and my logo wear.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Judy

It's such a hit and miss with booths. You just never know what you will get. Some people think that if they answer yes to everything they have a better chance of winning what ever door prize you are giving out.

Usually, if I can't get them to book at the event, they don't book.

I rarely do booths, etc...because for me, it's much easier to get bookings and sales, and recruit leads right at my shows.

The only reason why I am doing a home show this year is to increase my customer base. I'm actually going to offer more FREE product if they book at the show. Plus have a drawing for the cookbook.

I'm going to a craft/expo sale next weekend 3 days. Some suggestions others in my cluster offered was to have a drawing. 1 grand prize I'm thinking the pineapple wedger and then to do 5 free shows. This is where you buy the groceries. I'm even thinking about throwing in that I'll address and mail the invites as well. I'm thinking that if someone offered to buy the groceries and pay for the postage I might be able to book more parties even for those who originally said no on the entry. Hey they WON something. Who knows????

I agree with the idea of them winning a free show. This has gone over the best for me. When they won a gift certificate (only redeemable through me) it was a bust. I had one lady order stuff with it, but not want to do a party. She cut off communication with me as well. Then I also had people win and not end up redeeming it. I played phone tag (they don't do e-mail or internet) and eventually gave up. But when I did a free show, I got more real interest from people. If it's a specific reward, people just want free stuff. But a free show, gets a booking.

I have a booth at a fair tomorrow, and after reading this, decided to go from not even offering a drawing to offering with the catch that they receive the prize AT THEIR SHOW. So, if you book a show just to win, then you have to hold the show to get the prize.

What do you all think?

pampchefsarah said:
I have a booth at a fair tomorrow, and after reading this, decided to go from not even offering a drawing to offering with the catch that they receive the prize AT THEIR SHOW. So, if you book a show just to win, then you have to hold the show to get the prize.

What do you all think?

I think that's a good idea. I was wishing I had done it that way before. :cry:

I've had great success doing a draw for a gift certificate and then giving the rest of the entries a free cooking show.

also, I talk to them at the booth and if they show interest, I ask them to book right there (some booths, I've booked 10+ at the booth, some none) if they say no, I just tell them I'll call them tomorrow to pick a date. Usually this works out really well.

In addition to doing what everyone previously suggested, I would definitely do a fundraiser at my house and invite the people who said they's come. Maybe when they see a real cooking show, they will be more inclined to book.

Judy,
don't feel bad none of my leads panned out either. But I did get that one booking at the H&G and it was a great show. I always try to book at least one at the booth. I think that the leads are "cold" by the time we get to talk to them. There is some great advice here. Take a deep breath and lets pull up our panties and keep going, something will happen. :p

Couple of things I have learned

Never give them a prize until their show holds. Either you give it to them that night or it goes on their host order.

When calling leads that did not book at the event they ALL win a free show!

I no longer have survey slips out for people. I keep them in my pocket or close by. After I have chatted with them a bit I offer them the chance to fill out a slip so I know how to serve them better. They now can have a current catalog. It also helps know how strong a lead they may become.

The free shows work well for me (which is where I provide the ingredients for the demo). I try to write a note on the drawing slip after they've left the table with a few tidbits I may have learned about them. The free show was my prize, and I put a time frame on it of 3 months to be held within. One I did extend by a month, but they pretty much adhered to it.

etteluap70PC said:
Couple of things I have learned

Never give them a prize until their show holds. Either you give it to them that night or it goes on their host order.

When calling leads that did not book at the event they ALL win a free show!

I no longer have survey slips out for people. I keep them in my pocket or close by. After I have chatted with them a bit I offer them the chance to fill out a slip so I know how to serve them better. They now can have a current catalog. It also helps know how strong a lead they may become.

This is what my HD & Upline ED suggest... If people register just for the "door prize", they aren't interested in booking! Even at that, I have leads from booths last Fall that still have not booked even though they "won" the Free Show!!

gailz2 said:
The free shows work well for me (which is where I provide the ingredients for the demo). I try to write a note on the drawing slip after they've left the table with a few tidbits I may have learned about them. The free show was my prize, and I put a time frame on it of 3 months to be held within. One I did extend by a month, but they pretty much adhered to it.

Yup... I do this too!

What constitutes a lead at a booth? Just those that have checked yes to hosting a show or also those that checked maybe? I did a show w/ my recruiter on wednesday, We each got several maybes... two bookings each... and about 110 slips that say nothing beyond name and address.

I'm thinking about calling the maybes and offering them a free show... should I offer it to everyone?

ChefBeckyD said:
Usually, if I can't get them to book at the event, they don't book.

I rarely do booths, etc...because for me, it's much easier to get bookings and sales, and recruit leads right at my shows.

When they book at the event, do you hand them a host packet? Or do you mail them later?

my personal slips say "must be completed entirely to qualify for drawing" this filters out those just looking for the door prize and helps with my calling. I consider them leads if they check maybe also. And I don't word it "free cooking show", I say "win ingredients for your show" or something like that. I have had some confusion from hosts thinking that all their products would be free from other consultants at the booth. Not saying thats what was said just the confused masses in general when you say "free show".

pckellyd said:
What constitutes a lead at a booth? Just those that have checked yes to hosting a show or also those that checked maybe? I did a show w/ my recruiter on wednesday, We each got several maybes... two bookings each... and about 110 slips that say nothing beyond name and address.

I'm thinking about calling the maybes and offering them a free show... should I offer it to everyone?

If they checked maybee then yes they are a lead. Only if they check NO to everything do I not call. If they give me email I will still email the no's a "thank you for stopping by" message.

Just name and address get tossed

Oh and I never say anything about a Free show at the booth. They don't really understand what it means and just confuses them!

Everyone who responded to this first and foremost just wanted to say thank you for your input. Lots of awesome ideas. If you are giving away ingredients for cooking show do you still market it with a drawing or would you just say sign up for free ingredients at your cooking show. If I get accepted for a booth at Farmer's Market I would like to do that instead I think.

Thanks again!!

Judy

Never be discouraged.

Always offer a cooking show, or if they'd like to hold a show at your house instead of their's.

Ask if they mind being on your newsletter list.

Stay in touch. You never know when or what will change their minds.

We did a prize wheel at one fair. People got to spin the wheel if they booked a show, and the prize won (from stones, to free show, to cookbooks) was included in the host order... no show, no prize. Got some great leads from the shows that were generated this way.:sing:

Good luck!

I have found that when i do 2 drawings i get plent of names and addresses and also bookings. i have done a home show a few weekends ago and i ended up with 110 names. i ran out of slips than too. I had 14 people that sais maby for hostin a show. i gave a way a free cook book and a free cooking show. I also had the booking slid up so i can refure to it when i am talking up the benifets. that has helped and also i made a flyer up that explaned the Free cooking show.
i alwasy call the mabys and give them a free show. I also c alled a lady for the cook book and she asked me that if she wanted to do a show she would contact me and and the moment i aksed her if she can whip up a catalog show for the month and asked how to do that so i told her and she got excited so nopw i have 2 shows this month one catalog and one cooking. also closing a show from this weekend. I have 2 on the books for april and 2 on the fence the same month. i just kept calling and not done yet. I still have one more home show to do yet. this weekend.

What is "Newbie Discouraged"?

"Newbie Discouraged" is a term used to describe the feeling of frustration or overwhelm that new Pampered Chef consultants may experience when first starting out in their business.

Why do new consultants often feel discouraged?

New consultants may feel discouraged because they are still learning the ropes of their business and may not see immediate success. They may also feel overwhelmed by the amount of information and tasks they need to learn and complete.

How can I overcome "Newbie Discouraged"?

One way to overcome "Newbie Discouraged" is to focus on small goals and celebrate each achievement, no matter how small. It's also important to reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for support and advice.

What resources are available to help new consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help new consultants, including training videos, online tutorials, and an active community of consultants who are willing to share their tips and advice. Additionally, your upline mentor is always available to provide guidance and support.

Is it normal to feel discouraged as a new consultant?

Yes, it is completely normal to feel discouraged as a new consultant. Starting a new business can be challenging and it takes time to build a successful business. Remember to be patient with yourself and celebrate your progress along the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cr8vKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
patty42240
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • Intrepid_Chef