• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Year....new Road to Director! Who's Walkin' That Road?

In summary, many people are determined to walk at conference and are working hard to recruit and promote in order to do so. People have various amounts of signed consultants and qualified consultants, as well as several fence-sitters. They are all working to get their show schedules on track and will be using various strategies to recruit additional consultants.
jrny2001 said:
I have 2 recriuts;
1 qualified, active, but no shows in her calander.
1 not qualified, was supposed to submit orders in Dec but never did, has turned into a kit-napper.

My goal was to promote by April 1st (my 1st year anniversary month). I think I will be extending that goal...

My plan is to recruit 5 more (at least) before setting my sights on Directorship. I need to pump up my own bookings to 2 a week min. I have been doing about 5 a month.

Need 1 more recruit this month before my kit-napper becomes inactive and I lose my future directorship. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Encourage your team to recruit too...until they promote your recruits' recruits are your first line! That will help for a strong start!

I just spoke to one of my fence sitters. She is still on the fence. I told her I would send her the flyer. She also mentioned she was was thinking about booking another show soon. I mentioned the great deal for February, so hopefully it will be REAL soon! (I will follow up again in another 2 weeks)

Do you guys have room for one more? I want to promote by June 1st. I have 2 signed; one of which is about to qualify and the other has a little bit to go. I have one interview on Saturday!!!

I would like to join inMy goal is to become Director by 07/01/2008!

2 signed
1 inactive
1 qualifying in Feb.
1 signing on Saturday (01/19/2008)
2 sitting on fence

I am really excited about the incentive trips. I am shooting for the stars to go to Paris, France!!! :D :D

Um, folks - here's a fun fact I learned at Leadership. It's actually better to promote on JUNE 1, not July. Why? Because then you'll get the Spring AND Fall products free. And it gives you July as your fall-back date, just in case. Same rule for December promotions.

chefann said:
Um, folks - here's a fun fact I learned at Leadership. It's actually better to promote on JUNE 1, not July. Why? Because then you'll get the Spring AND Fall products free. And it gives you July as your fall-back date, just in case. Same rule for December promotions.
I'd never really thought about that! Thanks for sharing! I plan to promote by March 1st - my Director outed me at Leadership so I guess I better get moving...I need to qualify 1 and sign and qualify 2 more...I better get on the phone! LOL

I didn't realize my recruits recruits count as my 1st line. Hmmm. Something to think about!

So let me get this straight, if we promote June 1st we still get the spring products free? As in the directors pack? That means we automaticaly get the fall directors pack also?

Another QuestionSo now that we are all onboard to promote this year, what are we doing to keep us all accountable?

I think we need to have a check in time, once a week. I have made some phone calls this week nothing as of yet, just helps me get closer to the yes!A fact I learned at leadership, that 1 in every 10 stick w/ the biz. I haven't got to my ten yet.

Great fact to know Ann!
I sent out the new promotion flyer to a few fence sitters yesterday; now to follow-up!

1 signed
1 signing this week
2 prospectives talking to again this week.

I WILL walk at confrence. I have to work my business on my timeline not others peoples timeline.

Today, during a host coaching call, I mentioned the host benefits of the business opportunity, as well as the Jan-Feb promo. I have a glimmer of hope! She said that she would see how her show goes, and take it from there! (with a smile on her face, on the other side of the phone!).

Also, during a phone conversation with a friend/neighbor/long time fence sitter of mine, she mentioned that she probably won't become a Pampered Chef consultant anytime in the foreseeable (sp?) future, but of course, will be active in getting me the business. At least I now have a better picture of where she stands.

Brenda - I hope it works out with your host! Remember to let her know that she doesn't have to marry PC, just go on 4 dates to see how she likes it!:D

I went to a Southern Living Party tonight. Man, that stuff is expensive! Cute though! I had a hard time finding something to get though because I kept saying to myself, I can get that through PC, and for way less!

Anyway, I ended up making some contacts there. The host is going to want to do a PC show in the summer sometime. The consultant's daughter is getting proposed to on Saturday (but doesn't know it yet;) ) and the consultant is going to want to do a PC shower for her. Then I was talking to some of the guests and I was sure I knew one from somewhere. We went through the whole gambit of different places/people and the last thing I mentioned was PC and maybe it was a party. It wasn't, but I was able to pass out some mini catalogs. I did all of this after the SL party/presentation was over and only when it came up in conversation. I didn't really initiate it. I usually don't say anything at all about PC at other shows, but it just happened tonight!

I don't know what it is like in the US, but in Canada we do receive the director kit when we promote by June 1 as long as we had $1500 in sales in three of four fall months. I don't know what the sales amount is there, but I would imagine the concept is the same. I had $1500 in sales 3of4 and earned the $3500 level of SAT (same as your $3000), and I am going to promote, so I am looking forward to my Director kit.

That's great, Melonie! Woo-hoo!!

I want it too!
chefann said:
ALL New Director Academy sessions are at HO and are FREE this year!! They include transportation within Chicago area, hotel and meals.

Promote to Director Feb. 1 - Sept. 1 AND have $1250 personal sales, 5 active recruits, and $4k cluster sales in the month you promote and the 2 month following, and they'll reimburse you up to $250 for travel to the Chicago area.

Yes, I want it, too! I want all the perks that come with Directorship, but I'm not interested in the recognition. I have 6 girls right now, but only one is working the business:cry:

About the New Director Academy... so PC will only be holding these at HO and not anywhere else? What does the promotion mean about the transportation within Chicago area? Sorry, I'm kind of naive:blushing:

micocina said:
Yes, I want it, too! I want all the perks that come with Directorship, but I'm not interested in the recognition. I have 6 girls right now, but only one is working the business:cry:

About the New Director Academy... so PC will only be holding these at HO and not anywhere else? What does the promotion mean about the transportation within Chicago area? Sorry, I'm kind of naive:blushing:

Yes, it's my understanding that the academy's will just be at HO. If you have $1250 in personal sales the month you promote, plus the next 2 months, they will reimburse you $250 for travel allowance to get there! Pretty awesome:)

micocina said:
HO changed the training to be at HO so that new Directors who attend will be able to see HO and get a feel for how things work. I think it's a great idea - but that's my opinion. Yours may vary. :)

The inclusion of transportation within the Chicago area is just that. You'll have to get to Chicago, via plane, train, etc. And HO will pick you up from the airport and get you to HO. If you meet the requirements for the promo this year (promote by Sept. 1, personal sales of $1250 in each of the first 3 months of Directorship, cluster sales of $4000 in each of the first 3 months), then they'll also reimburse your travel to Chicago, up to $250.

I love the new promo and plan to attend this year. When they first said where it was at, I was kinda bummed, but then they started including all the expenses.

I got another recruit lead today--today's host! She's moving to a town about 2 hours away next weekend, so she wants to get settled first. I think she'd be great, so I hope she signs!

great job Lacy!! This is going to be your year!!

A big Wahoo for you Lacy!!!

Count me in...I just started Step Up to Director yesterday. I have two interviews this week and a couple of follow ups. I have a show today and will do the 3-pile activity. I also am thinking of recruiting my cousin. He was the primary parent for his sons, loves to cook, and is rebuilding his PC collection after his divorce.

I am so excited that I will be signing my 3rd Recruit on Tuesday (01/22)! I am 1/2 way there!

Recruit #2: Signing by Monday at the latest!
Recruit #3: Ordering her kit on the 15th
Recruit #4: Hosting a show in March - wants to sign up NOW but doesn't have the money. Will be using kit credit in March.
Recruit Lead #5: Surprise lead - coming to Opp Night this month - will hopefully sign after that
Recruit Lead #6: Not sure she has time - has a show booked this month - will be working on her to use her kit credit!
Recruit Lead #7: Haven't talked to her in quite some time...will be trying again tomorrow.Yay!!! Can you imagine if I had 6 new consultants by the end of March??? That would be amazing!!! Plus I have a TON of shows coming up and a huge trade show this weekend!

I have an interview tomorrow, so if she signs it will be recruit #3. AND....#4 When I left my show on Saturday, the host was seriously considering signing. She was going to talk to her hubby about it. We are closing her show this Thursday, and I will talk to her then.

I had 4 shows this past weekend, and got a few leads. Another host "has thought about it, but is not organized, as well as is in the process of selling her home." I will keep in touch with her after closing her show. There was also a guest at her show that has some interest, but is going thru a divorce right now. She is hosting a show at the end of February.

I might be walking at conference after all!!!

My director just gave me the stepping upto director packet last night so I will get started on that asap!

How is everyone doing?Nothing yet for me, but I am not quiting.

well, the #3 that I mentioned in my post above cancelled our interview date, due to needing to spend some time with her 14 yr old DD. The #4 mentioned above is going to sign and use her FPV!!!!! So it looks like I am now looking for #4 and #5 to join my team!!!!!

Well, I've GOT to find some more leads. My first recruit has gone inactive, and my second one looks like she is too.:cry: My 2 hosts this month that I though might sign decided it's not right now. One of them I think may in a couple months though. I've got some "new" hosts coming up though, so hopefully that will lead to new leads as well.

Bren706 said:
well, the #3 that I mentioned in my post above cancelled our interview date, due to needing to spend some time with her 14 yr old DD. The #4 mentioned above is going to sign and use her FPV!!!!! So it looks like I am now looking for #4 and #5 to join my team!!!!!

I just listened to a recruiting cd with Jillian Eisenberg, and she was talking about how she had a lawyer sign to become a consultant to spend more time with her 14 yr old daughter.....they do their shows as a team....and spend time together that way. Might be a concept you could present to her....and her 14 yr old may go for it if she came to the interview too, and realized it could be a fun way to make some spending money!

On my way! Talked to 2 potential recruits Tuesday night. Both were excited about signing! :thumbup: One is supposed to sign by today (hopefully, Jan postcard!); the other is waiting until Feb because of some unexpected bills. Still working on a couple of more! This site is great for encouragement & I love sharing in all of your successes. WOW! What an amazing stage we will create at National Conference!!:D

Okay so today I signed my 3rd recruit!!! SO EXCITED!

The only problem is that if my other 2 don't submit anything by the end of this month they will go inactive.....

Joining this thread a little late - I've got the Director bug now, too!

I have a solid consultant under me who is probably having her 2nd child as I type, but she's been active for 3 years and has a recruit, so she's not going to let it slip (she's planning to do PC full-time after she recovers from having the baby - she already quit her FT job!).

I signed an awesome past host (2 shows in 1 year, finally took the plunge) and she's having her Grand Opening next week and has 5 other shows booked already (woohoo!).

I just got an email from another past host who has hosted multiple times that she's ready to sign now, too. I'm thrilled, b/c she lives in another state that I had decided was too far for me to travel to anymore, but I missed seeing the ladies I had met in that area. Now she'll be on my team and doing the shows there! :)

I have plenty of fence-sitters, but I'm really thinking of focusing more on my hosts this spring. I have some friends at my FT job who are thinking of doing it PT, too - if I can do it, so can they, right? So, we'll see. I know the leads are out there!

I was wondering what would happen to my PC business after I went back to work FT in the fall - guess I have my answer! It hasn't slowed down at all, in fact, it's gotten better! :D I love happy surprises like that!

Good luck to all of us and I hope we all get to walk across that stage in July!! :love:

#3 signed yesterday! I have a show tonight and the host is a teacher that attended my show in November, and mentioned this may be her thing for the summer. I have planted the seed during host coaching calls, so we will see how tonight goes.

Congrats Ellen & Brenda! And welcome to our group Cathy! Tara, how'd it go for you?
I've got 3 hosts this month that are new hosts to me, so I'm excited about that---hopefully that will translate into new leads:)

I'm now officially a FD!PLUS...I have 2 girls that said they'd be signing this month. 1 I'm sure will be but I think the other one is a no-go. I have a host coming up on the 28th who is considering the business. I have a HC call with her today so we'll see how that goes.Well, the girl who I thought was a no-go looks like a go...I'm just not sure how quickly she'll qualify. My host is DEFINITELY interested. She didn't want to talk over the phone - she said she'd rather discuss it more at her show...but it doesn't seem like she has any concerns or doubts...she just needs to know how to start!

Last edited:
I'm all for it!
I've got 5 signed:
3 qualified
2 on verge of qualifying
1 qualified, January went inactive :-(

Several interested -

Held my first meeting in January.

Alittle history, I signed with PC in July 07. I signed my first recruit in December and just signed my 2nd recruit this week. I really want to help both of these recruits excel in their business.
Since I have only been with PC for 7 months and am still learning myself I want to make sure I cover all bases for them. I want to do right for them.
Any suggestions? Is this the right place to get this information?

DAR

WELL - as my siggy states - I want to give myself a re-promotion this year. I demoted myself Dec. 2007 - just one short year after promoting to Director. After having the succulent taste of Directorship --- I WANT IT BAVK!!! This time around - ~ I am being a little more cautious and prtecting my sensitive little feelings (I am normally not afraid of anything) because I found out that what I fear and feared most was mysef....

Not trying to pop anybody's bubbles - but - be prepared to prmote. Not just in numbers - in faith, in hard work, in your confidence, in your presence and most of all in your delivery to your team...

BUT - enough said :balloon: :balloon: - I am with ya all of the way gals.... we can do it!!!!

Yeah Gina! Glad to hear you're ready to get back after it:) I'm guessing you lost your recruits then--do you have anyone under you again yet? We can do it girls!

Alright, I'm joining in! I want to be a Director so bad, I can taste it!!! Which is my downfall. I want it so bad that I get REALLY frustrated quite easily!:grumpy: So far, I've signed 2, qualified 2, but 1 has been done for a year:( so I'm down to 1 qualified. She is probably going to go inactive March 1st. UGH!! I have so many fence sitters I can't even count them all, I'm just REALLY bad at closing the deal! EEK! I need help with that! I want to stay motivated & excited, so I figured this is the place!!

I'm right where you are Sarah; my 2 recruits haven't done much....I think they will eventually...
I need help with "closing the deal" too!

Ok...so we want Directorship... But we can't just want it...
What is this thread going to do now?
We need to all offer inspiration.

How about setting up an Interactive show with all our potential recruits...
Have them come and show them how easy this new show format is...and how much easier our job is now...and more fun.
Invite them to host their own show...generate lots of bookings...and show them how they'll have a great start with these bookings!
If they don't sign...there are more bookings on your calendar!

Just a couple more weeks for the Forged Cutlery incentive...
we gotta get on the phone and let them know!

Best of luck all FUTURE DIRECTORS!!!

We truly do have the best job...for the best Direct Sales Company!
Share the dream!

I love it ... please do share more tips!! I WILL walk in July!! I currently have 2 qualified but 1 going inactive & I just signed 2 more.

Great idea Nicole; don't know how I missed it the other day!

Signed my 3rd yesterday!

lacychef said:
Yeah Gina! Glad to hear you're ready to get back after it:) I'm guessing you lost your recruits then--do you have anyone under you again yet? We can do it girls!

I did lose my recruits - BUT - I have signed 2 new ones (1 Q - 1 ?) and I am working on #3 as we speak.

After attending Leadership - I truly believe if we want to promote - we need to be DOING (not trying to do) 3-2-1... It really works. In order to get in front of enough potential leads - we have to --- be in front of people --- i.e.: COOKING SHOWS..... :p Seems pretty simple doesn't it....

So - if we don't have shows booked ?

How do we book them:

Get on that phone!!!
Did you ever make a TRUE list of 100? Did you call ALL of them?
Print and Post flyers at your local stores
call your past hosts
Has everyone in your family held a show? (YES - I mean right down to
your 3rd cousin)
Dr. Dentist office (in one of my favorite recruiting CD's - Jillian Eisenberg states that she recruited her Gynecologist !!!

Fairs & Booths:

Go with the mindset of recruiting - not bookings or selling product... your focus will be signing or getting your recruit info out there. Put up a big sign "Ask me how to make $500.00 this month in your spare time"

Shows:

Are you really asking EVERYONE???
Are you using the 3 pile system? Give it a try and be CONSISTANT!!

Host Coaching:

Are you asking them if they are interested? This was a hard one for me to get started - I have just re-introduced it to my logic and I am working on sigining 3 of my future hosts...

I am not trying to preach here - I just know when I gave my business a good HARD look - I really was NOT doing what I said I was doing. I have asked my Director to keep me honest - check up on me - see what I ahve accomplished. If you are not close with your Director, find a cluster buddie who can be there for you and WORK you :cool:

I was so stoked to see that I could go to Director's Academy - for FREE - and I have made a plan to attend in May!

I am really glad to be a part of this thread and hope I have offered a few suggestions (as Chefnic suggested) that will help you or at least make you
re-look at what it is you ARE or ARE NOT doing --- really...

Sorry to be such a long post - my first long one I believe :love:

P.S. Just a side note - I had 6 recruits on my team at one time and "I" was pulling the $$ weight for my Director goal of 4K per month. Make sure you have a strong team that is contributing to the team goal each month. I didn't and in the end I couldn't pull out 4K each month....

Regards,
~G~

count me in. I have 1, have another signing this month. Another possibly signing this month. Another whose interested but it is too early in the discussion to know how soon. Plus another lady who is thinking of signing in a few months, when she has her baby :)I WILL be a director in 08. I WILL be a director in 08.

Great advice Gina! That is so true.....we all SAY we are/need to do these things; but we need to take a step back & evaluate & really see if we ARE doing them. Thanks for the tips. (I need to do better at 3-2-1:blushing: )

GIna ~
Awesome ideas!
Thanks!

We can't sit around and say..."Oh me too! I'm in! ! " Etc...

Everyone who is ...or wants to be .."in" ...let's hear what you want to do to make it happen.

<h2>1. How do I sign up to be a Director?</h2><p>To become a Director with Pampered Chef, you must first meet the qualifications set by the company. This includes having at least 2 active consultants on your team and achieving a certain level of sales. Once you have met these requirements, you can submit your application to become a Director.</p><h2>2. What are the benefits of being a Director?</h2><p>As a Director with Pampered Chef, you have the opportunity to earn higher commissions, bonuses, and incentives. You also have the chance to mentor and lead a team of consultants, as well as attend exclusive training and leadership events.</p><h2>3. How can I stay motivated on my road to Director?</h2><p>Setting specific goals and regularly checking in with your team and fellow Directors can help keep you motivated. Also, attending company events, such as conference, can provide inspiration and motivation to reach your goals.</p><h2>4. How can I promote my business as I work towards becoming a Director?</h2><p>Utilizing social media, hosting parties and events, and networking with potential customers and team members are all effective ways to promote your business and reach your goals. Also, be sure to utilize the resources and support provided by Pampered Chef to help grow your business.</p><h2>5. What should I do if I have a consultant on the fence about becoming a Director?</h2><p>Continue to communicate with them and provide support and encouragement. Share your own experiences and successes as a Director and how it has benefited you. Also, offer to answer any questions or concerns they may have and provide them with resources to help them make an informed decision.</p>

1. How do I sign up to be a Director?

To become a Director with Pampered Chef, you must first meet the qualifications set by the company. This includes having at least 2 active consultants on your team and achieving a certain level of sales. Once you have met these requirements, you can submit your application to become a Director.

2. What are the benefits of being a Director?

As a Director with Pampered Chef, you have the opportunity to earn higher commissions, bonuses, and incentives. You also have the chance to mentor and lead a team of consultants, as well as attend exclusive training and leadership events.

3. How can I stay motivated on my road to Director?

Setting specific goals and regularly checking in with your team and fellow Directors can help keep you motivated. Also, attending company events, such as conference, can provide inspiration and motivation to reach your goals.

4. How can I promote my business as I work towards becoming a Director?

Utilizing social media, hosting parties and events, and networking with potential customers and team members are all effective ways to promote your business and reach your goals. Also, be sure to utilize the resources and support provided by Pampered Chef to help grow your business.

5. What should I do if I have a consultant on the fence about becoming a Director?

Continue to communicate with them and provide support and encouragement. Share your own experiences and successes as a Director and how it has benefited you. Also, offer to answer any questions or concerns they may have and provide them with resources to help them make an informed decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • etteluap70PC