• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Spring Product - Speculations?

In summary, PC Wire says the product that's most requested by consultants is a smaller dcb. Sandi suggests some items that she would love to see in the catalog, such as a cookbook stand, a cover for the cake stand, and a smaller DCB. She thinks that the product that's most requested by consultants this season is more Cool N Serve items.
Re: RV Show this weekend
stevensel said:
I am attending an RV show this weekend and I was wondering if anyone knows of a list of items that are good to be used and store in an RV. I do not have an RV so I am not sure what they will be looking for.

Any suggestions
Thanks for all your help!!:love::sing:

Stoneware - one of the top stoneware sellers in the company 5 years ago did big business with the snowbirds that came South to Phoenix each winter, selling them thousands in stoneware for RV's. Emphasize that they even out hotspots in those unreliable RV ovens, and they are a size and a shape - she most often made microwave cakes in the fluted stone, but you could do whatever you wanted.

She was great at taking them to their nasty cookware they currently had with statements like, "don't you hate when you make brownies and the corners are burnt, but the center is raw and goopy? Or the lasagna to all come out of the pan, not stay in the corners of the dish? Stoneware solves this for you, plus so much more!

Encourage you buyers that stoneware makes a great, longlasting quality gift - and the receipient will remember them each time they bake.

She often made the strawberry margarita cake (all the best, I think) and was awesome. Do a search for microwave cake recipes and you'll see some of what she came up with.

I'd like to see a cookbook for kids! Cross-sell with My Safe Cutter, you know. :)

I was there when they took Cool and Serve off the market. There was a loud, collective gasp. They said it was due to the gas prices and promised to find us another supplier. And they DID. So yes, i am predicting more Cool and Serve products. A large bowl will probably be the first.

KateInTheKitchen said:
I'd like to see a cookbook for kids! Cross-sell with My Safe Cutter, you know. :)

They use to have a cookbook for the kids. I have one and its several years old.

lt1jane said:
On that same note I would love to see gift certificates reworked. Would rather not get commission when they are sold and be able to accept them as payment at parties and through our personal websites.

Yes, but how would you like it if someone bought it through you but used it at someone else's show, giving the commission to them?

Conversely, how would you like for someone to use a gift certificate that was purchased from another consultant (meaning they got the commission) at your show?

Can't say I love the current GCs, but I can't think of a better way to do it that would be fair for everyone.

Can't think of anything that hasn't been mentioned here. But, I can't wait to see what they've come up with. They always surprise me. :D

raebates said:
Yes, but how would you like it if someone bought it through you but used it at someone else's show, giving the commission to them?

Conversely, how would you like for someone to use a gift certificate that was purchased from another consultant (meaning they got the commission) at your show?

Can't say I love the current GCs, but I can't think of a better way to do it that would be fair for everyone.

That's why if we change to paying commission when they are redeemed, it makes no real difference. I'm actually OK with the thought that someone would buy a GC through me and use it with someone else as long as I can accept a GC I did not sell. Commission would be paid to the person who it is redeemed through, not who sells it. That's the key.

Swapping the system would allow the GCs to be treated like cash so they could be used through any consultant. As it is right now, people are better off giving cash instead of GCs because they're of no value to anyone. Most people would rather buy through a party than go online and pay direct shipping costs. I have known people who were quite irate that they were not even allowed to use their PHD when redeeming them. They were willing to deal with the direct shipping, but that in conjunction with the loss of their PHD put them over the edge.

lt1jane said:
That's why if we change to paying commission when they are redeemed, it makes no real difference. I'm actually OK with the thought that someone would buy a GC through me and use it with someone else as long as I can accept a GC I did not sell. Commission would be paid to the person who it is redeemed through, not who sells it. That's the key.

Swapping the system would allow the GCs to be treated like cash so they could be used through any consultant. As it is right now, people are better off giving cash instead of GCs because they're of no value to anyone. Most people would rather buy through a party than go online and pay direct shipping costs. I have known people who were quite irate that they were not even allowed to use their PHD when redeeming them. They were willing to deal with the direct shipping, but that in conjunction with the loss of their PHD put them over the edge.

I think commission should be paid on the gift card at the point of gift card sale. However, that gift card should be redeemable at any show. Any overage, commission paid to current consultant. They redeem on my website and go over, I get overage but not the gift card amount. That is fair. The consultant who sells the gift card gets commission. When they redeem with whichever consultant, that consultant gets commission on the overage. The host gets full value towards her host benefits (like past host order)

ChefCKHall said:
I think commission should be paid on the gift card at the point of gift card sale. However, that gift card should be redeemable at any show. Any overage, commission paid to current consultant. They redeem on my website and go over, I get overage but not the gift card amount. That is fair. The consultant who sells the gift card gets commission. When they redeem with whichever consultant, that consultant gets commission on the overage. The host gets full value towards her host benefits (like past host order)

I like this way of doing it! :chef:

OK.....Consultant News is up along with the new March specials. It is cookware, 2 levels can be earned, but there is no list on the back of the form with specifics. Could that be because some cookware will be added to the collection?!?!?!? I CAN"T WAIT UNTIL SPRING LAUNCH!!!!!!!

ChefCKHall said:

That is what I have always thought too. People will be more likely to use the GCs, and I think more of us would be more likely to SELL them! I don't even mention them. Yes, it's money in my pocket now on the short-sale, but it is also money down the drain for the future. Plus- it drives the customer to the COMPANY website, not a consultant website. Not very personal feeling.

Could we dare hope that they have put more cookware available through open stock? I have several customers that have a cookware set but want to add just one or two of their favorite pieces to their set. I could have sold 3 10" Executive covered skillets for christmas gifts to one customer. I feel like we are missing the boat with such limited open stock.

jbondr said:
Could we dare hope that they have put more cookware available through open stock? I have several customers that have a cookware set but want to add just one or two of their favorite pieces to their set. I could have sold 3 10" Executive covered skillets for christmas gifts to one customer. I feel like we are missing the boat with such limited open stock.

agreed. Sometimes people want to buy a little at a time, versus the giant set (or maybe they don't NEED all of the pieces). Yes- i realize it is better to host and get it cheaper, but it can still be a lot, even with the host discounts.

I think there will be a Large Ridged Baker...why else name the current one "Small"? :)

ChefCKHall said:

I agree, unfortunately HO has already told me this would be "too hard" to track and figure commissions and they won't even consider it. That being said, we are better off getting no commison when they are sold, having the sale get added to the party total like host specials are and being allowed to accept them as payment.

I don't mention them and actually discourage them. If someone insists on one, I sell them one of my own creation so as not to screw the recipient which is what I think the current ones do.

lt1jane said:
I agree, unfortunately HO has already told me this would be "too hard" to track and figure commissions and they won't even consider it. That being said, we are better off getting no commison when they are sold, having the sale get added to the party total like host specials are and being allowed to accept them as payment. I don't mention them and actually discourage them. If someone insists on one, I sell them one of my own creation so as not to screw the recipient which is what I think the current ones do.
I think that is hilarious - more in a sarcastic way. Why couldn't they just have a place that the GC certificate number is entered in for the order (P3 or on the PWS order page)? If they can do it on the main website, and then calculate what the balance due is, why wouldn't they be able to work it the same on the other sites and P3. I shake my head in wonder at the Tech-side of the house sometimes. They need to hire more kids straight out of high-school or college. ;) LOLANYWAY_ back on topic.....New product suggestions. I know it's not a product, but I would love to see some new recipes that are healthy and quick- but not necessarily requiring the Microwave to be quick! I just don't like cooking too much food in there. Not good for you.

I hope they have a meatloaf pan where there is an insert that lifts it up and out of any grease in the pan.

Brenda.the.chef said:
I hope they have a meatloaf pan where there is an insert that lifts it up and out of any grease in the pan.

Or even just an insert to use with the existing loaf pans! Good idea.

esavvymom said:
agreed. Sometimes people want to buy a little at a time, versus the giant set (or maybe they don't NEED all of the pieces). Yes- i realize it is better to host and get it cheaper, but it can still be a lot, even with the host discounts.

One can hope!! What I NEED right now is the 8 qt dutch oven. I wouldn't use the 10" covered skillet as I have one in SS, and the 1.5 and 3 qt saucepans from my Scanpan set are Ok. (and have a lifetime warranty also) I'm currently trying to create a flyer showing that the price of our cookware is worth it.

I bought my pots & pans in 2003 (I became a consultant in 2008), I have had to return pieces twice and need to return the SAME pieces again. (11 in covered skillet, 8 qt dutch oven, & 2 qt saucepan) My last return was in 2009. I may have a lifetime warranty on that set, but sending them back every three years is adding up and I'm tired of it. I used to use3 my 3 qt saqucepan a lot, but now use my EC 4 qt casserole. That thing has faced some minor abuse (forgot it on the stove and boiled it dry once) and is holding up better than the pieces I got replaced in 2009! I want to finish my executive set and then I will have one very nice, rather expensive set of camping pots & pans.

I found this posted on a blog I just got turned onto - this would help in my kitchen some days!
http://www.collectionsetc.com/Product/kitchen-utensil-rest-set-with-spoon-and-whisk.aspx/_/N-5gb2ka#

another item I'd like to see is a storage box the the Easy Decorator tips.... I have a heck of a time keeping track of them and just keep them in a large baggie.

wadesgirl said:
I found this posted on a blog I just got turned onto - this would help in my kitchen some days!
http://www.collectionsetc.com/Product/kitchen-utensil-rest-set-with-spoon-and-whisk.aspx/_/N-5gb2ka#

:love::love::love:LOVE THIS!!!!:love::love::love:

Brenda.the.chef said:
another item I'd like to see is a storage box the the Easy Decorator tips.... I have a heck of a time keeping track of them and just keep them in a large baggie.

I kept mine in the box - keeps everything together.

jbondr said:

By looking at the Host flyer for March, it doesn't look like any new open stock pieces will be in the new catalog :cry: - unless they change the flyer after Spring Launch :)

cochef said:
By looking at the Host flyer for March, it doesn't look like any new open stock pieces will be in the new catalog :cry: - unless they change the flyer after Spring Launch :)

I did see a 2nd page to the cookware page but if you look at the first page they do mention that there will be a new rub.

bummer..............

I am hoping for a kitchen scale.

wadesgirl said:

That is really neat. I find the black tools don't work well with the current spoon rest; I generally am using 2 or more at a time and only one fits.

A Utensil Holder would be great. I'm currently using a cookie jar sans its top and two of the bread crocks from years ago to hold all mine plus the Tool Turnaround!

I did a show last night where the host showed me his older wooden rack from PC that held stoneware perfectly. Why on earth did we ever get rid of that little gem? I totally want one, and had never seen one before! I would love to see that come back!

I actually have the wooden holding rack works perfect for my booths :)

I have two in my cupboards. One holding stones making them easy to get at and one holding other items. I used to keep the stones on the counter but finally freed a cupboard up. I love that tool and don't understand why it was discontinued.

I have a metal one that I use from Bed Bath & Beyond.

I think it will be TOASTER TONGS. I get requests for that more than any other product. I hope that all the cookware will be OPEN STOCK. That was another request from most of my hosts.

I've often said I'd be a millionaire if I'd hoarded Bamboo Tongs and the PC coffee and tea.

Well I broke down and bought a bamboo napkin holder for Christmas (I was hosting at my house) so my bet is that we will finally come out with one (now that I bought one). LOL

Right out of PC newswire today:
As you prepare your February host packets, share that it's the perfect time to stock up on Stoneware and Metal Bakeware. Plus, let your hosts know that their guests who spend $60 or more will be among the first customers to get a new spring product FREE! You can say, "The new product is so top secret that I don't even know what it is yet! But I've been told that it's really tasty and really HOT! And in my experience, guests always love our free product offers because they're always fabulous!"

raebates said:
I've often said I'd be a millionaire if I'd hoarded Bamboo Tongs and the PC coffee and tea.

Hahahahaha! Add to that the cherry/olive pitter! You are so right!

Yup, Rae, just had another one last month looking for more bamboo tongs. I sold her the new version and haven't heard a complaint yet. I've been getting the "we bought this 3 months ago and just used it and it broke" calls or the "so and so bought it for me as a gift xx months ago." I'm sure the Sol Ctr has been happy with all of the calls I've been directing there.

Brenda.the.chef said:

While I was reading this thread I got an idea for it. A travel soap dish to keep all the tips

Cherry pitter, both my nieghbor and my father in law asked for one just last week.
A gluten-Free cookbook would be a big hit I think.

raebates said:
Or the old white kitchen shears! I bought a bunch when they were on the outlet and DH keeps reminding me that I'm not allowed to sell them!

darlinclem said:
Well I broke down and bought a bamboo napkin holder for Christmas (I was hosting at my house) so my bet is that we will finally come out with one (now that I bought one). LOL
Ooh, that would be nice!

It would be better than that stupid dry erase board!

Here's a great idea...a NEW ice cream dipper!!! Just like the one they've just now gotten rid of! Boy oh boy, that's like getting rid of the stones!

Intrepid_Chef said:
It would be better than that stupid dry erase board!

I love the dry erase board. So much nicer looking than the white one I had before. I've sold quite a few...guess it comes down to personal preference!

DebinIA said:
I love the dry erase board. So much nicer looking than the white one I had before. I've sold quite a few...guess it comes down to personal preference!

I love it too!

I love, love, love the bamboo note holder!

BethCooks4U said:
I love, love, love the bamboo note holder!

I love the idea of the bamboo note holder - but I was so disappointed when I realized that because my refrigerator is slightly curved on the front, it won't work for me. :( I just had a host call about a return because of the same thing too.

Right out of PC newswire today:
As you prepare your February host packets, share that it's the perfect time to stock up on Stoneware and Metal Bakeware. Plus, let your hosts know that their guests who spend $60 or more will be among the first customers to get a new spring product FREE! You can say, "The new product is so top secret that I don't even know what it is yet! But I've been told that it's really tasty and really HOT! And in my experience, guests always love our free product offers because they're always fabulous!"

Tasty? Hot? Sounds like some sort of drink! First I thought a hot chocolate mix, but since it's spring/summer, perhaps something like a "frozen hot chocolate" or something?

What I would like to see is lids for Simple Additions, as well as a french fry cutter. I really like the idea of a pink collapsible bowl, too.

Speaking of colors, though, what about the insulated tote we earned awhile back, which had the blue/green/yellow dots on it? Perhaps something along those lines, if not the tote itself??:confused:

I think tasty & hot is a new seasoning/sauce of some sort.

<h2>What is the "New Spring Product - Speculations"?</h2><p>The "New Spring Product - Speculations" is the latest product release from Pampered Chef for the spring season. It is a highly anticipated product that has been requested by many consultants.</p><h2>What does pcwire say about the "New Spring Product - Speculations"?</h2><p>According to pcwire, the "New Spring Product - Speculations" is the most requested product by consultants. This shows the excitement and anticipation surrounding this new release.</p><h2>What are some speculations about the "New Spring Product - Speculations"?</h2><p>There are many speculations about the "New Spring Product - Speculations," but one of the most common ones is that it could possibly be a smaller version of the popular Deep Covered Baker. This is something that many consultants have been requesting and would love to see as a new product.</p><h2>Do you think the "New Spring Product - Speculations" will be a smaller dcb?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef employee, I cannot confirm any speculations about the "New Spring Product - Speculations." However, I can say that a smaller dcb is one of the top requests from consultants and it is definitely a possibility for the new product release.</p><h2>When will the "New Spring Product - Speculations" be released?</h2><p>The official release date for the "New Spring Product - Speculations" has not been announced yet. However, based on previous product releases, it is expected to be available for purchase in the spring season.</p>

What is the "New Spring Product - Speculations"?

The "New Spring Product - Speculations" is the latest product release from Pampered Chef for the spring season. It is a highly anticipated product that has been requested by many consultants.

What does pcwire say about the "New Spring Product - Speculations"?

According to pcwire, the "New Spring Product - Speculations" is the most requested product by consultants. This shows the excitement and anticipation surrounding this new release.

What are some speculations about the "New Spring Product - Speculations"?

There are many speculations about the "New Spring Product - Speculations," but one of the most common ones is that it could possibly be a smaller version of the popular Deep Covered Baker. This is something that many consultants have been requesting and would love to see as a new product.

Do you think the "New Spring Product - Speculations" will be a smaller dcb?

As a Pampered Chef employee, I cannot confirm any speculations about the "New Spring Product - Speculations." However, I can say that a smaller dcb is one of the top requests from consultants and it is definitely a possibility for the new product release.

When will the "New Spring Product - Speculations" be released?

The official release date for the "New Spring Product - Speculations" has not been announced yet. However, based on previous product releases, it is expected to be available for purchase in the spring season.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Selena K
Replies
Views
Jasmine