• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Product Likes/Dislikes - Poll Not Available

In summary, the conversation is about the new products from PC and people's opinions on them. Some like the new products and colors, while others do not. The knives, stone, and silicone cupcake pan are mentioned as popular items. The new linens and carafes receive mixed reviews, with some liking them and others finding them overpriced or cheap. Some items, like the cranberry linens and kitchen tools, are mentioned as liked, while others, like the SA tiles and ultimate mandoline, are not. Overall, there is a general approval of the new products, with some reservations about certain items.
heat123
Silver Member
I'm just curious who likes the new products and who doesn't? I myself like them and I do like the new colors but have read from a few other threads that people did not. Just wondering??? Didn't know how to create a poll sorry.

I typically love 50% of the new stuff and am iffy about the other 50% -- it's been like that for me every season since I found PC. I am the same about it this season. I love the big white platter and the silicone cupcake...I love the new stone and of course, the knives...everything eslse is OK

The only things I did not care for were the Linens-(napkins-towels, )disposable napkins with the tile colors on them. But I did like the microfiber towels and mostly everything else!

Love the SA tiles, the knives, cutting board w/cups and the Cupcake Pan.

NOT so crazy about the new linens (purple???)

Terrified of the Ultimate Mandoline. (Well, I was terrified of the USG too.) :eek:

I really like the new stuff. I just put in my sample order today YAY!! Can't wait to get it all!! :D

I love most of the new items! The knives are wonderful!! I personally like the linens but I love purple:D . Not sure what kind of draw they'll be. The tiles are pretty. The redesign of the bar board and USG are great! Silicone whisks...I can't wait.

I'm not thinking I'll be selling any of the carafes. They look a little cheesey to me and very expensive but of course I didn't sell much of the old ones either.

I do think it's funny that we upgraded our knives and other things to the high end products and then came out with paper napkins:rolleyes: . I'd say I want 80% of the new items but I'd better get some more shows booked before I can get them:)

I think I would agree that after reading what y'all had to say about the carafes (namely that they are NOT stainless), I think I want to buy one of the discontinuing ones!

I like the cranberry linens, would go well w/my house.

Okay, I know I have been saying that I am very disappointed with the new carafe and it's not worth even 1/2 price but I am wavering here.

I saw and touched it at National Conference and was not at all impressed. I feel like guests will be upset when they order it for $64 and then it is delivered and it's plastic - I know people will think stainless steel when they see the picture.

I purchased one at our 50% discount so that I could have it at shows so that people would see what they're ordering if they want it.

It IS very nice and very pretty but I still don't think it's worth $64 - $32 yes but not $64. I think that some people will buy it even though it's plastic and will be happy with it. I have it on my counter at home and am liking it more all the time. lol

New CarafeI saw a similar one in a catalog for about the same price. It was German made though. Anyone know where this one is made?

Love::)
Nylon tools
cutting boards
cheese board
Knifes
like the towels of the new linens
lrg wht platter
whisks
grill press
exec square griddle/grill pan
SA dipped in cran
SA colored sm bowls
Drainer
I like the handy scraper, easy opener, i slice, and twixits available in color
covered baker
silicone floral cupcake pan
cooking for 2
hot pad trivetCant STAND::(
SA tiles
new table linens
ultimate mandalin (since I already broke a blade)
decorater bottles ( I am iffy on, haven't tried them yet)
Carafe (looks and feels cheap)I pretty much like the new stuff, that list is a lot longer.

BethCooks4U said:
Okay, I know I have been saying that I am very disappointed with the new carafe and it's not worth even 1/2 price but I am wavering here.

I saw and touched it at National Conference and was not at all impressed. I feel like guests will be upset when they order it for $64 and then it is delivered and it's plastic - I know people will think stainless steel when they see the picture.

I purchased one at our 50% discount so that I could have it at shows so that people would see what they're ordering if they want it.

It IS very nice and very pretty but I still don't think it's worth $64 - $32 yes but not $64. I think that some people will buy it even though it's plastic and will be happy with it. I have it on my counter at home and am liking it more all the time. lol

I like it because its bigger.

I really love all the new products! The tiles and new colors are just my style!!! The bamboo cheese board will be a big seller for me, I think. I say this because I have had a LOT of customers wanting the Bamboo carving board because of it's beauty, but not wanting to spend the $$ on it. The cheese board will be a great alternative :)

I used the silicone pan last night and made the Sticky Caramel Mini Cakes! MMMMM Those were awesome!!!!!! (I didn't make the caramel sauce, though... it was just for me and the kiddos and we have a bottle of caramel sauce that I used, instead. and instead of bananas, I served them with strawberries...)

lisacb77 said:
I think I would agree that after reading what y'all had to say about the carafes (namely that they are NOT stainless), I think I want to buy one of the discontinuing ones!

I like the cranberry linens, would go well w/my house.

Lisa, I have two brand new Carafes (old style) for sale over in the trading Post

AJPratt said:
I like it because its bigger.

So far I have seen all the pros & cons of the Carafe....! question still remains...actually 2:D ....does it keep the coffee hot & for how long?;)

So I purchased the Carafe for the sake of having it and showing it, and thought it would be great for the winter... Although it is not SS, it still looks nice and is very light, which is definately a good thing in the morning. I would not spend $64 on it, but thought $32 was okay. I think this will make a great thing to push for a host half price, if they want it, but don't want to spend that much...

I pretty much love everything. Love to new knifes, the SA pieces, the silicone flower pan, LOVE the textiles (college color was purple), and love the look of the new colors for fall. Granted I think I would love anything that PC puts out as I love kitchen stuff (can't wait to move out... will have an awesome kitchen with absolutely nothing for a living room other than PC boxes... hehehe...)

I really think that PC should stick with the cranberry!! The purple linens look so 80's and the napkin rings look like something made at girl scout camp! I think the tiled SA look cute, but they took the theme WAAAAY too far! I am excited to earn my mid-season linens free because I like them a lot better!

I too love the cranberry! It goes nice in our kitchen. I really like the tiles instead of the stripes.

I haven't had a chance to sit down and get an order together for supplies but hopefully will be able to this weekend after my show.

I hate the tiles...I love purple but not in my kitchen. I have heard many people say that they look like mardi gras. 3 of the 4 small SA bowls match the stripes (which everyone loves) but the lavender one doesn't...I am curious how they will sell.

I agree!!!I love the cranberry. I didn't like the SA stripes when we got them and thought I would love the tiles. Wrong!! I thought they looked cheap. Now I like the stripes better. Figures, because now the price is going up!! I agree. What is up with that lavender bowl? That is just strange. I guess it goes with the tiles, but not if you already own some stripes!

Hate the purple and don't understand the paper napkin thing at all!!! Not sure yet about the carafe.

Can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the knives, the cheese board, the cutting board with measure cups, the grill pan and press, the new stone, silicone pan, and of course the new nylon tools. I love those. They are so nice looking and feel great!!

I really like just about everything. Love, love, love the new SA Tiles, love the cranberry colors since that's my kitchen and the Twix-its and towels and things will go great. LOVE the knives and the grill pan and the grill press and the new stone! Could live without the napkin rings, paper napkins and the carafe. Who knows...people surprise me all the time with what they order...guess I'll just wait and see how it goes!

~Kristen

I love alot of the new products......One item that I am quickly falling in love with is the new "Cooking for Two" cookbook! I made the Sauteed Tilapia the other night and it was wonderful! I love that the recipes use "Real" ingredients (not so many processed and canned items) and yet are still simple and quick to make - I can see myself using this cookbook on a weekly if not daily basis!

I am excited about the new simple additions w/ the tiles.I like the colors of the tiles. I dont like the stripes.
But why would we sell disposable napkins? I think that is just too far gone.

Becky~ I'm in love with the Cooking for Two cookbook, also! I made the tomatillo salsa and chicken the other night!!! MMMMMMMM I served it over a bed of brown rice and it was a HUGE HIT (oh, and weight watcher friendly... good info to know for your customers ;) )

Here's my thinking on the paper napkins...

For people who enjoy entertaining larger groups, having the "real" napkins for a party is difficult. With the paper napkins matching the new colors and tiles, it makes for a more uniform table for entertaining.

Personally, I will be ordering a couple sets of the new bowls (the 4 colors are just TOO FUN!) and several tiles plates and bowls, plus several packs of the napkins!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!!!

Okay, we just had a Cluster meeting last night and the Director had Most of the new products. Two things that surprised me....

1. I was shocked at how SMALL the new Cranberry Baker/Lid was. I think it's a bit misleading in the catalog to have a whole chicken in there. I would have to be a small chicken - like 5lbs and under. I really liked it, thought it was awesome, just surprised a the the smaller size. I thought it was more like the 9 x 13 baker. Not at all. More the size of the Oval Baker.

2. I was pleasantly surprised at how LARGE the Silicone pan was - and it is a very nice quality. I can't wait to get that item!!

3. Loved the new silicone/stainless whisks. Awesome!

Just wanted to chime in!
Joanne

BethCooks4U said:

It is Plastic!! I just assumed from the pic it was stainless!! I have not read up on the new catalog a whole lot yet. I am soooo glad I ordered the discontinuing one last week now!!! I am sure people will be very disappointed to pay $64 for it then.I thought it was high already but now I know it is.

I don't get why they raised the price so much for basically just changing the color. I can see raising the price if it was stainless, but it can't be that much of a price difference for chrome plating!!

ChefinHarmony said:
Okay, we just had a Cluster meeting last night and the Director had Most of the new products. Two things that surprised me....

1. I was shocked at how SMALL the new Cranberry Baker/Lid was. I think it's a bit misleading in the catalog to have a whole chicken in there. I would have to be a small chicken - like 5lbs and under. I really liked it, thought it was awesome, just surprised a the the smaller size. I thought it was more like the 9 x 13 baker. Not at all. More the size of the Oval Baker.

2. I was pleasantly surprised at how LARGE the Silicone pan was - and it is a very nice quality. I can't wait to get that item!!

Just wanted to chime in!
Joanne

Wow- By the looks of the pic. I too thought it was the size of the 9x13 rectangle. Glad I ordered it on sample supply so I can have it and display it at my preview show (as not to mislead anyone)!

I love purple but I hate these linens...yuck. They look like they should be sitting on a white 80's style formica table with puffy chairs that are on rollers. They seem really dated to me. I do love the cranberry linens though!

I got my new twixit clips in my supply order and I really like the colors. I think they are pretty together. I don't know if I like the linens and their pattern but I like the colors and will probably get the microfiber towels in them.

ChefinHarmony said:

Just wanted to chime in!
Joanne

Just got my new stoneware baker piece! I agree it's alot smaller than I imagined it would be from the picture I saw. I am glad I have it to show everyone now!

Can't wait to order my silicone piece!:)

I have to ask...
ChefinHarmony said:
...1. I was shocked at how SMALL the new Cranberry Baker/Lid was. I think it's a bit misleading in the catalog to have a whole chicken in there. I would have to be a small chicken - like 5lbs and under. I really liked it, thought it was awesome, just surprised a the the smaller size. I thought it was more like the 9 x 13 baker. Not at all. More the size of the Oval Baker.

I just have to ask...where do you get your chickens? Over 5 lbs is absolutely HUGE for a chicken. I struggle to find ones that are over 4 lbs when I'm looking for them.

I'm really excited about this piece. I have many customers with arthritis and other hand issues, and I know they will love the lighter feel of this. I expect each one will buy two to have the larger baking size.

I must say I asbsolutely love, Love, LOVE the new UM. Grating cheese with it was so easy...I always had a hard time doing that with USG.

Falling more and more in love with the silicone pan. Don't have it yet, but the cakes sure do turn out pretty!

What I worry about with the paper napkins is when this season is over. For those customers who are buying them to entertain with so they will match their table linens, I think they might be upset when they are discontinued after one season...I know I would be if that's what I was looking for. Of course, I'm assuming that's what will happen. The seasonal colors usually are.

Related to New Product Likes/Dislikes - Poll Not Available

1. What new products are being referred to in this poll?

The new products being referred to in this poll could vary depending on the context, but it could potentially be any products that have been recently released or updated by a certain brand or company.

2. How are the new products being received by the public?

This poll is attempting to gauge the general public's opinion on the new products. It is asking for individuals to share whether they like or dislike the new products.

3. Are there any specific colors that are being referenced in this poll?

The poll mentions that there are new colors, but it does not specify which products or colors are being referenced. This could be referring to any new color options for any products.

4. What is the purpose of this poll?

The purpose of this poll is to gather information about the public's opinion on the new products and colors. This information could be used to evaluate the success of the products and to inform future marketing and product development strategies.

5. How can I participate in this poll?

Unfortunately, this poll is no longer available. However, you can still share your opinion on the new products and colors by participating in other polls or by leaving reviews or feedback on the products themselves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kearstin
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies