• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director New Product Ideas: Creating a Fun Team-Building Game

In summary, Tiffany created a game to use as most of her meeting on Monday. The game is based on a dry erase board with categories and values. The players compete to answer questions and earn points.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
for new products?? Has anyone come up with a game for this meeting?

here you guys go! I just finished and now have to walk out the door for my team training!

Attachments

• Chefardy 2009 FW.doc
    46 KB · Views: 354
general ChefardyI just created this to use as pretty much most of my meeting tomorrow. just thought I would share.

Attachments

• Chefardy word 2003.doc
    54 KB · Views: 293
cheftiffany said:
I just created this to use as pretty much most of my meeting tomorrow. just thought I would share.

Thanks for sharing Tiffany -- can you give a quick run-down of how you do the game?
I am really excited to give it a go for my meeting on Monday!

This past meeting was the first one that I could get people to come to in a while so I did my recipe round up and then answered what ever questions they had while we each quickly finished our food. Then I did receognition and the whole rest of the meeting was dedicated to this game. I only had 2 people there but we have played different versions of it with much bigger groups and so we just split the consultants into 3 different teams. Each team has a group leader that is really the only one allowed to answer. In the past we have just had the team leader raise a bamboo spoon but I was thinking that maybe next time I will find three of my kids noise making toys or buzzers from board games that all sound different to use. That way if I am not looking then I will still know who "buzzed" in first.
Basically I just let them pick the catagory and dollar value and gave the statement. I used a pretty big dry erase board so they could see the categories and values. Then I wrote over top of each one with who won that square. If neither got it I just crossed through it. If they get it wrong and you are actually keeping score then they lose those points so you could put -200 for team A but +200 for team B who actually got it right. I had a 3 day old recruit at the meeting so I didn't want to give away a prize to the winner because it didn't seem fair.
I think they both learned a lot from it and we had fun. It is a very long game though so it probably should be halved or even quartered if you have other training to do that day.

Thanks Tiffany! I can't wait to try it tomorrow night!

Thanks to everyone...I had Director's block last night and you all helped me get unstuck!!! I made a Chefordy board last night!

I knew I could count on you! Now if I could just get my cat to stop pawing at the flaps and turning them up!!! He's cheating!!:D

Big hit last night with Chefordy!!! We did that and the "WAHOO Woman" DVD! Fun meeting!
Thanks to all who put so much time into the game!:chef:

1. What is the purpose of the team-building game?

The purpose of the team-building game is to foster creativity and encourage collaboration among team members. It also serves as a fun and engaging way to generate new product ideas for Pampered Chef.

2. How does the game work?

The game involves dividing the team into groups and giving each group a set of materials to create a new product. The groups will have a specified amount of time to brainstorm, design, and present their product idea to the rest of the team.

3. What types of materials are used in the game?

The materials used can vary, but typically include common kitchen items such as utensils, cookware, and ingredients. Other materials like paper, markers, and craft supplies may also be provided to allow for more creativity in the product designs.

4. How long does the game usually last?

The game can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the team and the complexity of the product ideas. It is recommended to set a specific time limit to keep the game moving and ensure all teams have an equal amount of time to work on their ideas.

5. What happens after the game is over?

After the game is over, each team will present their product ideas to the rest of the group. This can be followed by a discussion and feedback session to further develop and refine the ideas. The best ideas can then be presented to the appropriate departments for consideration in future product development.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • kreaser