• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

poorly?It would be a bummer if it worked properly, and we've been spoiled by it functioning...poorly.
chefann
Gold Member
Is it just me, or are other people having problems with the "new posts" buttons on the threads since tonight's shutdown? Instead of going to the first new posts since I read the thread, it's going to the first new posts since I was last logged in. That can be a problem for very active threads and when I'm logged on all day.

I am still getting a "we'll be back in 30 minutes" message when I click on NEW POSTS:confused:

I'm not getting the problem on the "New Post" button in the bar. I'm getting it on the blue new post button on each individual thread.Try refreshing the page, if you're still getting the 30-minute message. Or log out and back in.

no problems here

I'm having the same trouble, however, I also noticed that the only things that came up on "new posts" were the new things added since the maintenance.

Yeah me, too...it' s making my scroll finger tired.

It is really annoying to me as well. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Hmmmm.....

dannyzmom said:
Yeah me, too...it' s making my scroll finger tired.
That's the one part of my body that doesn't need any additional exercise. :D

chefann said:
I'm not getting the problem on the "New Post" button in the bar. I'm getting it on the blue new post button on each individual thread.
Try refreshing the page, if you're still getting the 30-minute message. Or log out and back in.

I have always used the "new Posts" button, but then after clicking on a thread that I needed to catch up on, I would scroll to where I needed to be. I NEVER KNEW about that blue button! Holy Cow! How did I miss that?!?!?:eek: :eek:

Now I want it to work!....it's doing the same thing to me...not taking me to my first unread post.

KellyTheChef said:
I have always used the "new Posts" button, but then after clicking on a thread that I needed to catch up on, I would scroll to where I needed to be. I NEVER KNEW about that blue button! Holy Cow! How did I miss that?!?!?:eek: :eek:
I've been accused of being in several threads at once, but really the secret to my post-slutty-success is that little blue button. Occasionally I scroll back a post or two to refresh my memory on the thread, but being able to go right to the new stuff is a real time-saver.

Another thing I noticed that changed with last night's update is that the default number of posts per page went up from 15 to 20. So if you remember that certain things are on specific pages of some threads, those pages are now different. (As in the Missing thread, when people are directed to the low-90s pages to find the pic of Grande.)

Well, at least my issues with fonts have been cleared up.

Goodie. I was hoping it would clear up.But the new post button is still messed up. :(

And now I am having a hard time viewing last posts on threads. It shows 11 posts on this thread, and I can only see post #1 and #2. Thought I would post again to see if I can see the rest of the thread that way. (and it worked that way)

Last edited:
Thanks Ann for the "refreshing the page" suggestion. It did the trick. I learn something new here everyday!

chefann said:
I've been accused of being in several threads at once, but really the secret to my post-slutty-success is that little blue button. Occasionally I scroll back a post or two to refresh my memory on the thread, but being able to go right to the new stuff is a real time-saver.

Another thing I noticed that changed with last night's update is that the default number of posts per page went up from 15 to 20. So if you remember that certain things are on specific pages of some threads, those pages are now different. (As in the Missing thread, when people are directed to the low-90s pages to find the pic of Grande.)
What is the blue button you are talking about?

To the left of the thread titles, there's a little blue square. It will only show up on threads that have posts you haven't read yet. It's supposed to take you to the first new post in that thread, so you don't have to scroll down. But it's not functioning properly, and is taking users to the first new post since they last logged off.

This problem is still killing me. Greg!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!

It is taking me twice as long to read each thread since I have to scroll past posts that I've already read! :(

My scrolling finger is still getting a workout. :)

Wouldn't it be terrible if now it's functioning properly, and we've been spoiled by it functioning incorrectly?

Eeek! Don't say that! I want it back the way things were (Great, now I have that song stuck in my head).

rebeccastt said:
This problem is still killing me. Greg!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!

It is taking me twice as long to read each thread since I have to scroll past posts that I've already read! :(

Obviously I'm not using this site correctly. I always scroll from the top to the bottom of a thread. Is there a way to only view what you haven't read??? I'm feeling really silly right now :eek:

Well, when it's working properly, you can click on the blue arrow next to the thread name and it will take you to the first new post since you last looked at that thread. However, lately, it is taking you to the first new post since you last logged on, which could be several posts behind.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. Hopefully it will be up and working soon.

You're welcome! It's still better than nothing. Also, you can click on the blue arrow next to the last poster's name on the thread title. It will take you to their post if you are rapidly updating new posts like I do.

rebeccastt said:
Well, when it's working properly, you can click on the blue arrow next to the thread name and it will take you to the first new post since you last looked at that thread. However, lately, it is taking you to the first new post since you last logged on, which could be several posts behind.
Strange - some threads it works right, and others it doesn't....

This is STILL not working properly. Sometimes it works, but mostly not...

Greg...can you help?

Thanks!

8/31/2007 - new post button still quirky. D'oh!

But I would like to say "Thank you" to Greg and Deb! DH just upgraded the software on his forum, and I can't believe the number of whiny babies who apparently have nothing better to do than complain about the color scheme and lack of a spell checker (DH, like me, works FT and hasn't had time to find and install the mod for spell check or a new skin). I apologize if I've ever come off that way here. We really do appreciate all you do. :)

Yeah, what Ann said. I really appreciate the time and effort you must dedicate to this site. Thank you.

1. Why is the "New Posts" button not working on my Pampered Chef account?

There could be several reasons why the "New Posts" button is not functioning correctly. It could be due to a technical issue on our end, a slow internet connection, or a problem with your device. Please try refreshing the page or accessing your account from a different device to see if that resolves the issue. If not, please contact our customer support team for further assistance.

2. How do I fix the "New Posts" button not working on my Pampered Chef account?

If refreshing the page or accessing your account from a different device does not resolve the issue, please try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This can often fix technical issues with website functionality. If the problem persists, please reach out to our customer support team for further assistance.

3. Is there a known issue with the "New Posts" button not working on Pampered Chef's website?

At this time, we are not aware of any widespread issues with the "New Posts" button on our website. However, if you are experiencing this problem, please contact our customer support team so we can investigate and address the issue as soon as possible.

4. Can I still access new posts on Pampered Chef's website even if the "New Posts" button is not working?

Yes, you can still access new posts on our website even if the "New Posts" button is not functioning correctly. You can navigate to the "Posts" section on your account to view all recent posts from other consultants. You can also search for specific posts using keywords or filters.

5. How can I stay updated on new posts from other consultants if the "New Posts" button is not working?

If the "New Posts" button is not working, you can still stay updated on new posts from other consultants by following them or joining their groups. This will ensure that you see their posts in your feed without having to rely on the "New Posts" button. You can also bookmark specific posts or save them for later viewing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShellBeach
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies