• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Pans Peeling after 3 Uses - Not Worth the Money

In summary, the pan that was provided as an incentive for signing up for consultant status is peeling after only 3 uses. The customer is upset because they were led to believe that the pans were of high quality and that they would be protected by the lifetime warranty.
luvs2sellit
I made pancakes this morning for my boys on the double burner griddle that I received from the panorama points. As I was washing it I discovered that it is peeling!:mad: This is the new fancy executive cookware that we are supposed to be pushing, that I pushed for weeks trying to sell it and make my goals. I have used it 3 times and it is peeling. I will no longer be pushing this set to anyone. I will be totally embarassed if I get a call from one of the past customers who bought these pans-that I pushed relentlessly-to tell me it is peeling. Also, I called HO to tell them so I could send it back and of course I have to pay shipping now which will probably be around $13.00. I am sorry but $100.00 pots and pans should NOT be peeling after the 3rd use. Just had to vent.

WOW that is the first I have heard of them peeling. That makes me scared after all the hype on how wonderful they are!
Do you get the guarantee as a consultant? Why do I seem to remember somewhere that since we won them, we dont get the guarantee.

oh my goodness!!! I really do not think when an item is not working as it should and is within the warranty that PC should have to pay the shipping.

we do still get the guarantee. b/c i have had to send my egg slicer wires back twice to be replaced b/c they broke while slicing strawberries. I had to send the wires back though. of course, that was in my SS kit. I have not sent any bonus stuff back. I still believe we get the gurantee though b/c we get a receipt and all with it. It would not be fair to us if we didn't.

I'm only talking about the executive cookware that we won in the pan-o-rama. I know we get the guarantee on everything else.

Well we should get the warranty. And I should not have to pay shipping. I have heard on another thread here of them peeling as well. It just had not happened to me yet. I was too mad when I called HO to ask for the shipping to be taken care of. I think I will email the. But I went above and beyond to sell that expensive cookware. Alot of people were wary of paying that much and I assured them that " it was a fantastic PC product". I just don't like stuff like this. It makes me look like a idiot!

let us know if they agree to cover the shipping. how long have yo had it? I had to send a Chillzane back the other day that I earned that was borken when it got here and since it was in the first 30 days they paid the shipping.

I absolutely would not pay to send it back! Maybe take a photo of it and send that to them. If I were you I'd call back and speak to a supervisor or manager about this. If it's within 30 days they are supposed to pay shipping, if not we are, but come on....this is a heavy item and it hasn't been very long since you got it! See if they will accept a photo.

:eek: That is horrible!! I've used mine exactly 3 times now and so far now peeling. I will have to keep a close eye out for that.

I have the 12 piece set of executive and we use it ALL the time. I've noticed nothing and I think I would since I hand wash all the pieces!;) I'm sorry that has happened to you, you probably just got a bad piece. ;)

Thanks! I am just mad. Too much going on right now. I did email HO and I will let you all know of the outcome. I have had several pieces of the proffessional and I could not say more good things about it. I just figured the executive would have been even better.

I had a new piece of the prof do that to me quickly after I used it. But after it was replaced I used the piece for 6 years with no problem. Probably just a defective piece -that happens with the highest quality- that is the benefit of the life time warranty. Yes, you get the warranty on anything you earn from any promo.

My 8'' saute pan has to be sent back due to a chip. I was bummed about that but I have had a lot more uses than 3 times!

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that! I have the small saute pan, and haven't had any problems. I'm always sure to never set anything on top of it, and to always hand wash it. I use it almost daily. I'll keep an eye on it now though!

My professional 12" skillet has some slight browning in the center. Is that normal? Since we're talking about cookware, I thought I'd put that out there. I showed my father (who didn't know I sold PC - long story) the skillet, and was a little embarassed when I noticed about a 6" diameter brown circle in the center of the pan!

I'm just glad in times like these that PC has warranties. I know that some of these products are made all over the world. I think that maybe they should consult with these makers and make sure they are manufacturing the products to the highest of standards. Just read the products...some of them come from some pretty far off places... I don't see how they can monitor them!?

Didn't know about paying for shipping. I never had to pay, but now I realize that it was because I was returning items within the first 30 days.

OmgI too am sorrry this happened to u!! I use mine EVERYDAY and love it!!! No problems to report at all. I think you must have got a bum pce. I'd wait and to hear back from HO, they are pretty good about stuff. You might not have to send it back at all. Let us know how it works out.

I loaned my Exec double burner griddle to a past host to try out before she bought one. When I got it back, it has two brown coil marks on the backside burned on from her electric stove. She certainly didn't have it long- a week? I wouldn't expect it will look very good after a year.

I plan to act shocked when someone calls with this cookware needing to be replaced. I think I'll tell them that I've never heard of such a thing before!

My lids are rusting on the smallest pot that comes wth the 5 pc. set. i have yet to call HO about it but my moms is also rusting in the same place so you all may need to chec yours too!

tiffanypc05 said:
My lids are rusting on the smallest pot that comes wth the 5 pc. set. i have yet to call HO about it but my moms is also rusting in the same place so you all may need to chec yours too!

Exactly where on the lid are they rusting?

I have the 12 piece set I got it when I hosted my show back in March when I signed up. I've not seen any rust spots on my lids and my pots and pans are doing awesome. And I use my cookware every single day! My husband is a picky eater. ;)

The defective items do happen. Hope things work out for you on getting the griddle replaced without a problem luvs2sellit.

my double burner griddle handle broke!HI!
This is my very first post. I love this site and all of the ideas and support that everyone gives to each other. I'm tired of lurking and want to start posting!!

I just wanted to say that I used my Executive double burner griddle (the one that I earned from Pan-o-Rama) once and the handle fell off! I was shocked and a little horrified thinking that this might happen to one of my customers as well. I notified HO and they said they'd send me a new one and I'd have to send my defective one back and I will have to pay for the shipping too!!:mad: However this was 6/24 and I still have not received it!! I emailed again yesterday so we'll see what happens.

Well Paige, I will tell them that I had the same problem. I am surely not going to lie. I would not want anyone lying to me that I am buying stuff from. Would you?
There are a couple items that when I am asked how I like it I tell them the truth even though it will not sell the product.

Last edited:
pc05mom said:
HI!
This is my very first post. I love this site and all of the ideas and support that everyone gives to each other. I'm tired of lurking and want to start posting!!

I just wanted to say that I used my Executive double burner griddle (the one that I earned from Pan-o-Rama) once and the handle fell off! I was shocked and a little horrified thinking that this might happen to one of my customers as well. I notified HO and they said they'd send me a new one and I'd have to send my defective one back and I will have to pay for the shipping too!!:mad: However this was 6/24 and I still have not received it!! I emailed again yesterday so we'll see what happens.

Hi,
Where are you in Massachusetts? I live in Leominster, Ma

what's the issue with returning things ladies? If you bought something in a shop that was defective you would have to take the item back to the store (I know, not the same as shipping, but still a travel cost!) before you'd get the new item.

Certainly I wouldn't expect PC to send out a replacement product until they had the old broken one in their hands...otherwise someone would abuse the system and get another free pan and never return the old one (which may or may not have been defective)

The policy for returns is quite similar to all other shops, in fact it's lovely that they allow the returns after the first 30 days at all (which is what most places have as a limit remember!!)

Dianneskitchen said:
Hi,
Hi Dianneskitchen!
I'm in West Bridgewater, MA!:)

The problem with the return is that I was awarded this item free for my sales in the pan o rama and now because it is defective (not because I misused) I have to spend $13.00 to send it back. If I bought something and I simply did not like the item of course I would need to pay shipping, but this is a PC problem and should not be mine. Above all I am upset that this cookware is peeling, that is really the big issue. I pushed and pushed this cookware . Hopefully I just got a bum piece and my customers will not have the same issues.

Would you believe that UPS just delivered my new griddle!!!! I haven't even sent the old one back yet. I was waiting until I moved this weekend and had my new address. I was so upset that I had to send the old one back. Do you think I stilll have to do that?

Would you believe UPS just delivered my new pan!! I have not sent the old one back yet. Do you think I still have to do that after all?

Did HO send a return sticker? You might not have to return it. If I was you I would just wait and see if they ask for it to be sent back.

Ok, my joy was short lived. They sent the proffessional! UGH!!!!!!!!! This is so much trouble. Guess I will have to call after all. Maybe they will send UPS to pick up that one and I can send the messed up one too.

luvs2sellit said:
Ok, my joy was short lived. They sent the proffessional! UGH!!!!!!!!! This is so much trouble. Guess I will have to call after all. Maybe they will send UPS to pick up that one and I can send the messed up one too.

You will not have to pay to send the professinal one back, I've had this happen to me and they just sent a postage sticker with the new items to send it back.

i agree. they sent me a sticker to mail me chilzanne back. as long as you wll within the first 30 days. while your talking find out about the old one!!! good luck!!!

Ok, the saga continues!!!! I wrote HO telling them that I received-out of the blue- another griddle and on top of that it was the wrong one!!! I wrote that on Tuesday and had not heard anything yet until last night I was shopping and got a call from UPS. They wanted to tell me that they were supposed to pick something up today and could not make it but would be by tomorrow.UGH!!!! Do you think anyone told me that they were coming. This really is a bit ridicolous. :mad: We are moving Friday, everything is packed and I was going to wait until I got to the new place to send off the other stuff, not to mention I was not even told yet to send back the wrong griddle. So now I think I am going to send the wrong one and the damaged one back together with a note explaining this mess.

Call 1(888)our-chef. If there is a long wait a teleprompt will ask if you want to be called back. Say yes, put in your info and go back to packing. I never email customer solutions since they put in in the automated service. When they call just explain what is going on and that you need a manager.
I have been in many restaurants when PC calls back. I just leave the table for a minute, deal with the problem and happily go on!

Okay I have a question........
My Exec. Grill pan's handle broke off. After a very long time HO sent me a new one (yay!) In the auto-generated email they said the broken one would have to be returned after I received my new one. But when the new one arrived there was a packing slip. There wasn't a return sticker....was there supposed to be?????

pc05mom said:
Okay I have a question........
My Exec. Grill pan's handle broke off. After a very long time HO sent me a new one (yay!) In the auto-generated email they said the broken one would have to be returned after I received my new one. But when the new one arrived there was a packing slip. There wasn't a return sticker....was there supposed to be?????
If you had it for more than a month you have to pay to ship it back so they wouldn't send a return sticker. They always send them separately from the product so it wouldn't have been in with the new pan either way.

I am in MA too!
Dianneskitchen said:
Hi,
Hi There! I live in Northborough!:)

On the cookware subject the only problem I have had and I am not sure I would even call it a problem is that my Family Skillet has a little scuff mark inside on the bottom. It could be from the spatula that I used--OOPS!

Just remember--NEVER put your cookware in the dishwasher and try to remember to use the nylon tools instead of the metal ones.

Last edited:
chefkristin said:
Hi There! I live in Northborough!:)

On the cookware subject the only problem I ahve had and I am not sure I would even call it a problem is that my Family Skillet has a little scuff mark inside on the bottom. It could be from the spatula that I used--OOPS!

Just remember--NEVER put your cookware in the dishwasher and try to remember to use the nylon tools instead of the metal ones.

When my sis in law got her new exec family skillet, it had some marks inside. She brought it to me as soon as she got it, so I could look at it (and the griddle) to decide which one that I wanted for pan-o-rama. I examined it, and on the inside (opposite from the medallon) there was some marks. I know that she hadn't used it, (she had brought them to my house still in boxes and plastic) So I did an adjustment for her. She hadn't noticed the marks, but I wanted to make sure that down the road, there wasn't any problems, and that as heavy as it is, she wouldn't have to pay the shipping in a year or two.. If I hadn't really been looking hard, with the light shining right on it, I would have overlooked it to.

This has been the most confusing mishandled situation yet with PC. I did write and tell HO of the problems I had and that I had received a proffessional incorrectly bla bla bla. I had not heard anything back and I get a call from UPS stating that they were scheduled for a pick up but could not make it. I had no idea UPS was coming!! So I just put the old exec in with the new proffessional and sent it back. The very next day I receive a new executive! Then 4 days later I receive and email replying to the one a week ago and it stated that they would be sending me out a executive asap. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: In the meantime I have moved from NC to GA. Another new griddle has been sent to the old house. All of this is HO's fault and not mine. They really dropped the ball. It sounds to me like to many people worked on this one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• s.cape
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
s.cape
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
Replies