• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Information About Attire...

MY SED said this was put out to address the question "am I going to have time to go back to my hotel and change into stage dress and then back to the hotel to change out?" HO has been getting this question more than they ever had in past years.

You can wear an evening dress if you're walking stage, however, you WON'T have time to change ~ so they're saying a dressy business suit is fine. Doris and Marla will be wearing a dressier business suit with a "sheen" to it. HO didn't want you to think you HAD to go out and get an evening gown...then wear it all day in classes.

The Upper level special event is different, people WILL be dressed to the "nines" at those.

HTH,
Ginny

Dang - We even have to go business casual at the tour. I was hoping to wear my running shoes for sprinting if my number gets pulled for the shopping spree! Which reminds me I need to working on my sprinting technique

I guess I am just going to bring clothes like the ones I used to wear at my old job of my khakis and stuff. My legs are still a little pale for capis and one pair of my capris are denim I have a tough time finding cute comfortable shoes to go with the capris Most sandals seem to rub my feet. I can't stand flip-flops. They remind me of shower or pool shoes not everyday footwear like people do now. I saw a girl in the cutest dress and the flipflops (to me) ruined the look.

Kathy- the year I had the tour (and won the spree!) the woman on the other bus had on shoes that she would have run out of. One of the warehouse workers lent her running shoes right off her own feet!

BUT- the spree is different this year, so I don't think it will be an issue. (The warehouse is being renovated, according to the Conference info.)

Kathytnt said:
I guess I am just going to bring clothes like the ones I used to wear at my old job of my khakis and stuff. My legs are still a little pale for capis and one pair of my capris are denim I have a tough time finding cute comfortable shoes to go with the capris Most sandals seem to rub my feet. I can't stand flip-flops. They remind me of shower or pool shoes not everyday footwear like people do now. I saw a girl in the cutest dress and the flipflops (to me) ruined the look.

If I waited until my legs weren't pale to wear capris, I wouldn't own any!:eek: I'm ghostly white - but I don't care anymore! That's just how I am!:D

Ladies! Nutrogena airbrush self-tanner! It's an aerosol, so you don't have to rub it in and get orange palms. It comes in "2 shades darker" and "3 shades darker" so you can customize your look.

chefann said:
Ladies! Nutrogena airbrush self-tanner! It's an aerosol, so you don't have to rub it in and get orange palms. It comes in "2 shades darker" and "3 shades darker" so you can customize your look.

I tried that - and it still looked "streaky".....I think I missed some spots!:eek:

I have some stuff now from Jergens, that is supposed to give me that "natural glow" and also firm me up at the same time......I'm such a sucker! So hopefully by conference, I'll have a beautiful, "natural" skin tone, and I'll be oh so firm! (no jiggles here!):D :D :D

dannyzmom said:
Oh Deb I love lvoe love it!!!!
Where did you find it? It reminds me a bit of the dress that I have worn the last two years...but I am looking for something new for this year...and your dress is perfect! I am wave 2 so we wouldn't cross paths looking like twins...would you think I was weird if I bought the same one? (of course I'd first need you to tell me where ya got it - LOL)

Yep, it's from Kohl's and you can order it online! They have a 99 cent shipping special on apparel going on right now.

dannyzmom said:
I just don't know if it's gonna fit :(

The fit is very forgiving. It is sized S-M-L-XL and I tried on two of the sizes and they both were fine.

GO FOR IT!!! It comes in red and black.

DebbieJ said:
The fit is very forgiving. It is sized S-M-L-XL and I tried on two of the sizes and they both were fine.

GO FOR IT!!! It comes in red and black.

Carolyn - this seems to be one of those styles that works with any body type.....I have a narrower waist, but am quite "hippy", and I love the way it looks on me - and I don't say that very often about clothes!

ChefBeckyD said:
DEBBIE! That's so funny! I just bought the same dress for a wedding next weekend! Imagine my surprise when I saw your dress!:D

I'm still looking for shoes though!

Okay, this must be a super popular dress, b/c I just got it in black, for one of my DH's work functions! :D

Other than my new dress, I'll be wearing skirts or capris. Skirts are just more comfortable to me.

ChefBeckyD said:
Carolyn - this seems to be one of those styles that works with any body type.....I have a narrower waist, but am quite "hippy", and I love the way it looks on me - and I don't say that very often about clothes!

The problem is I am really tiny - so usually I need XS and the smallest this dress comes in is S

Ann, My uncle lives in Mount Vernon.

DH & I attended University of Iowa !!

dannyzmom said:
The problem is I am really tiny - so usually I need XS and the smallest this dress comes in is S

Have you checked in the petite section of their website? I used to work for Kohl's, and a lot of times they offered the same dresses in petite sizes.

Teresa Lynn said:
Ann, My uncle lives in Mount Vernon.

DH & I attended University of Iowa !!
No way! It's such a cute little town, although some of the students from big cities treat the townies with disdain.

I haven't been back there since graduation in 1993. Ah... good times, good times. Like walking from campus to "Ben's," the Ben Franklin store, which was just about the only affordable place in town (for students) to pick up toiletries and stuff. And telling the clerk at the liquor store that "You know that ID's not a fake, because nobody puts a picture that bad on a fake."

pamperedgirl3 said:
I know they didn't specifically say that we couldn't wear capris, but they didn't specifically say we COULDN'T either! They mentioned shorts & denim, not capris. I agree with Ann that, as adults, we need to use our own judgment. I think those guidelines are mostly for people who have never been & have no idea how to dress.

I am pregnant & WILL NOT go out & buy new clothes just for conference. I have a really nice pair of black capris with a dressy sleeveless top that I will be wearing one of the days. I'm going to borrow my sister's clothes that fit (she's having a baby the 1st day of conference) for the other two days & will probably try to squeeze my 6 month pregnant body in a regular dress for the executive dinner. I am also a SAHM & only dress nicely for church & shows. I don't fit into any of my normal pants & refuse to buy clothes I'm only going to wear once. But I will look nice.

I'm with you on this one... if I was preggo, I wouldn't buy new clothes that I wasn't going to wear again. But, what about a consignment shop for a dress for the exec dinner? During all three of my pregnancies, I bought my "dressy" stuff from consignment shops because I knew I would only wear the outfit one or two times.

ahammons said:
Have you checked in the petite section of their website? I used to work for Kohl's, and a lot of times they offered the same dresses in petite sizes.

Yep, I checked...it's not there :(

dannyzmom said:
Darn! It was worth a shot :)

dannyzmom said:

Sorry Carolyn! That's a bummer!
My SIL has the same problem - she is 4'10", and has such a hard time finding "big girl" clothes! My 3 yr old adores her - but he has a hard time with the fact that she is an adult.....he keeps saying "Aunt Tanja is my friend".....but he means it as that she is a child and not an adult! We talk all the time about how she is Tristan, Braden, and Taylor's mommy....and he thinks that is just so funny - because she is "too little" to be a mommy!:D

dannyzmom said:

Ok Carolyn you made me feel better that even the tiny girls have wardrobe issues!

God knows I am the farthest thing from tiny! I am ok for most of my clothes but am stressing over the exec dinner. The very nice balck capris I wore last time still fit but not as flatteringly!

Well...it's decided - I am NOT buying a new dress. I dropped my digital camera a few minutes ago and it's going to cost $97 to repair (I checked the website and already have it packaged to ship out to them). So - now I will either wear last year's dress or that pink chiffon one if I can find a way to get it to Chicago w/o wrinkling.
:( :( :( :( :(

Carolyn, most of the conference hotels have irons. If you hang the dress and just steam it, many of the wrinkles will come out. You can even hang it in the bathroom while everyone's showering to steam it.

chefann said:
Carolyn, most of the conference hotels have irons. If you hang the dress and just steam it, many of the wrinkles will come out. You can even hang it in the bathroom while everyone's showering to steam it.

That would be an option but it has this whole pleaty thing going on across the chest that needs to be dealt with professionally :(

Carolyn - on the dresses look at JCPenney too...they have a large variety in sizes. My one grandma was 4'11" and other 5'2" - they used to shop there a lot!

Depending on what hotel you are at they may steam the wrinkles out for you...... If it has a nice boutique in it or from their laundry facility.
When I've packed dresses like that I have rolled them in the big bubbles bubble wrap (bought it in a roll put it on the bed, put dress on top and roll with the bubble wrap) think of doing the ham & cheese omelet roll the spiral effect) It wrinkles some but not as much as folding it or crushing it between things in my garment bag.

Ooohhh... gotcha.
Could you spend the couple bucks and have the hotel press it for you through their laundry service?

Wow- all 3 of us were posting at the same time!

This just occurred to me.... that some people call pants carpi's when they are actually crop pants... which I happen to have both... I work in a very corporate office... we are not allowed to wear carpi's..... however crop pants.... which are a little bit longer than carpi's are allowed..... but I am also only 5'3 so they hang in the same place on me.. right above my ankles...LOL .. now I am off my soap box... I have to find me a nice dress for the exec. banquet.

I'm cheap - I'm wearing my same classic red dress for banquet that I've worn to about 10 weddings, 2 funerals and some other functions...

You guys haven't seen it yet so it'll be new to you anyway! :)

Well I could see if one of my brides maid dresses that one of the girls wore for my wedding would fit me.. and then I wouldn't have to buy one...... BUT .... I want something a little more dressier than that..

Wow! I can't believe that there are people who actually dress up for the banquet! My cluster used to, but the last couple of years nobody has. My NED is doing a "favorite apron" theme this year, and that's hardly condusive to dressing up, so I'm not even going to bother taking something dressy.

I am not wearing a prom dress or anything but I want to find a nice dress.... not like a ****tail dress or anything but something nice!

Kathytnt said:
Has anyone ever found comfortable, professional, fashionnble walking shoes I doesn't like sandals because most rub my foot with too much walking

How much walking will I be doing - I am not averse to walking but when I do a half-marathon I am usually wearing running shoes

There are alot of brands out there that aren't too ugly. Not all that fashionable, but comfortable. Danskos are making some shoes that are a little bit less ugly than their clogs (which I BTW have worn for years and will continue to do so when I need to be on my feet for hours. Fashion be dammed!) You might check into brands like Clark and Teva. Naturalizers make some shoes that are comfortable and sort of cute.

This topic has been a pet peeve of mine for years. Every time I go to a vendor fair, show, etc, I always talk to the people making shoes for the food service industry and ask, why oh why isn't someone making shoes for women who are in the front of the house and want to look a bit less frumpy. They all tell me there is no market for them. I say that's a lot of whooo haaaa.

Ever since I started wearing Danskos I can't wear cheap shoes IE Pay less or Walmart brand shoes.. they hurt my feet. and It is a bunch of whoo haaa... that their isn't market for that because I think their is too!!

chefann said:
That's also my opinion, but I work for a company that seems to be stuck in the past. Some of the client sites we send people to do allow some capris as business casual, when worn with appropriate tops and shoes (and the pants come to at least mid-calf).

I've got 2 pair of new Capris that I plan to bring to Conference, mostly because everyone else wears them and I got sick of the funny looks when I was in slacks and blouses in the past.

I am a dinosaur!!! It's hard to break old habits. No capris, shorts, or jeans for me. I don't even like to wear a sleeveless tank style top without a cardigan or jacket. Before you ask if I am crazy, I do draw the line at panty hose!

I am glad I am not the only one who can't handle wearing sleeveless tank style tops without a cardigan or jacket as well...... LOL

mommyhugz1978 said:
I am glad I am not the only one who can't handle wearing sleeveless tank style tops without a cardigan or jacket as well...... LOL

And its not the fact that I can kill small children and animals with my flapping upper arms!! I just don't think it's an appropriate business look.

Now I will say, that when I am being casual, and it's 95 and humid, the tank tops come out and everyone stand back. But not in any sort of professional situation.

PamperChefCarol said:
I am a dinosaur!!! It's hard to break old habits. No capris, shorts, or jeans for me. I don't even like to wear a sleeveless tank style top without a cardigan or jacket. Before you ask if I am crazy, I do draw the line at panty hose!

Well, I'll be wearing at least one sleeveless shirt to the workshops...with crop pants!:p It is very nice looking--the shirt is kind of flowy & made of nice material & has a cute design on it. It is summer, it is hot & I am 6 months pregnant, so I'll wear what is comfortable & I can find on sale in the maternity sections!:D

Speaking of pantyhose...the school I taught at in South Florida required the teachers wear pantyhose! Can you believe that?????!!!! I ended up buying ALOT of long skirts & wearing those knee high ones!

I don't' wear sleeveless shirts hardly at all..... unless I have a sweater or a jacket of some kind I just don't' think it is very professional at all myself... nor do I feel comfortable in them anymore...something about having a child did that to me.

mommyhugz1978 said:
I don't' wear sleeveless shirts hardly at all..... unless I have a sweater or a jacket of some kind I just don't' think it is very professional at all myself... nor do I feel comfortable in them anymore...something about having a child did that to me.

I always wore them under my business suits, otherwise I would die keeping a jacket on all day.

Mind you, my definition of sleeveless shirts means it is fit to cover all bras straps, loose enough to not show your shape, and not see through. (Hard to find nowadays). They used to be called shells. Now if you want something to go under a suit, it looks like it is underwear!

...I used to think I wasn't old...but talking about fashion...yikes! Feeling old!

I do hate the looks and having to be so concerned about what you wear. Many of us don't have money to spend on clothes, we take care of our families first. If I had disposable income, I'd be dressed nice but I don't, so I hate when people look at you funny if you're not 100% fashionable. I'm at least practical! I used to be fashionable and have beautiful work clothes and jewelry but priorities changed. I'd rather be feeding my family and not collect anything from the government and work for a living then be dressing in name brand clothes and collecting welfare or other things for food that someone else worked for and gave up name brand clothes to provide...

OK, stepping off my soapbox now...

This is a discussion we have frequently in my home. I don't want to dress frumpy. Heck, I'm a fun woman. My clothes should reflect that. However, I refuse to:
  • Let my underthings show--after all they're called UNDERthings for a reason
  • Wear anything skin tight--it's neither attractive nor comfortable
  • Wear something cut down to THERE
  • Wear something cut up to THERE
  • Spend a fortune to avoid doing any of the above

So, I buy a lot of things larger than I need them and then have them altered. It's not terribly expensive, and my clothes fit me just the way I like them.

Last edited:
Ok, while we are on this topic I have a question.

...and please let me preface that I'm not in any way, shape or form trying to offend any one of you carrying any extra weight!

I have recently tried to get some new decent business-type clothes - nice pants decent tops...

My first problem is similar to Rae's...I cannot find things not cut down to there or up to there or skin tight!

Second problem (hence the preface), when I do find something I think would look appropriate, the clothing is cut to fit me as if I was about 10-15 lbs heavier. I've also noticed this in jeans. All my "newer" jeans have bulges at the top of the legs where the fat buldge I don't have would be...

OK, don't kill me...I still have my tummy fat from my kids...

Anyone else have these issues????

DebbieJ said:
Found my dress!!!

http://media.kohls.com.edgesuite.net/is/image/kohls/228189_Batik_Red?

I'm going to dress it up with some jewelry and heels and I'll feel like a million bucks!

I like it! You'll look great.

Yep, Janet, I do! I'm a curvy girl, so things that are big enough to fit my curves a basically tents. I found a wonderful local place to do alterations. That means I buy what fits the curvy parts, then have the clothes taken in to show that I'm not shaped like a beach ball.

As for the jeans, I take two darts (a V-shaped "seam") in the back. Generally there are three belt loops in the back. I center the darts between the belt loops. Ta da! No more gaps.

janetupnorth said:
I always wore them under my business suits, otherwise I would die keeping a jacket on all day.

Mind you, my definition of sleeveless shirts means it is fit to cover all bras straps, loose enough to not show your shape, and not see through. (Hard to find nowadays). They used to be called shells. Now if you want something to go under a suit, it looks like it is underwear!

...I used to think I wasn't old...but talking about fashion...yikes! Feeling old!

I do hate the looks and having to be so concerned about what you wear. Many of us don't have money to spend on clothes, we take care of our families first. If I had disposable income, I'd be dressed nice but I don't, so I hate when people look at you funny if you're not 100% fashionable. I'm at least practical! I used to be fashionable and have beautiful work clothes and jewelry but priorities changed. I'd rather be feeding my family and not collect anything from the government and work for a living then be dressing in name brand clothes and collecting welfare or other things for food that someone else worked for and gave up name brand clothes to provide...

OK, stepping off my soapbox now...

See my PM to you for my actual reason why I don't' wear sleeveless shirts..... stepping on my soapbox..... I have to agree with you... I wish people spent more time putting their families first rather than what is the latest fashion and how hot or sexy they look..... or whatever the nest fashion is.... I have nice dress clothes...But I am furgule when I shop....and I first and foremost buy clothes for my daughter..... I just wished she had a butt to help hold her pants up... I spend all day long saying " pull up your pants Makayla".... I have nice clothes however I am not going to wear something tight fitting, see through, or revealing, even if I wasn't Mormon has nothing to do with my modesty level that I have... their are some clothes that even if I sneezed to fit into them it just is not going to happen.. and what in the world is it with making heavy set women like myself look like their wearing a flipping moo moo ...???
Is it the bigger the flowers, or the louder the print... the better for fat women to look like their going to a customer party rather than looking nice????

Stepping off of my soapbox now!!!

I'm in an odd way relieved to hear that they don't fit people that are overweight either!

Clothes used to fit and I thought they were now making them not to fit skinny people but to fit more of the majority of the population, but it sounds like if they are trying to do that they are failing miserably and they don't fit any of us!

...got your note Leah, thanks for the explanation - I appreciate it - kind of what I pictured but clears it up in my head...

janetupnorth said:
I'm in an odd way relieved to hear that they don't fit people that are overweight either!

Clothes used to fit and I thought they were now making them not to fit skinny people but to fit more of the majority of the population, but it sounds like if they are trying to do that they are failing miserably and they don't fit any of us!

...got your note Leah, thanks for the explanation - I appreciate it - kind of what I pictured but clears it up in my head...

I don't' know if the people that design and make clothes truly think about if their going to fit most of the population or not.

Janet, I am glad that cleared it up for you....

Try the "NYDJ" not your daughters jeans they are great I buy them at a little boutique near here they are pretty expensive but CUTE!!! & I still have my baby fat from being pregnant with my daughter (she's 14) :) that would be years not months!!

Teresa Lynn said:
Try the "NYDJ" not your daughters jeans they are great I buy them at a little boutique near here they are pretty expensive but CUTE!!! & I still have my baby fat from being pregnant with my daughter (she's 14) :) that would be years not months!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: Googled Them.......Just couldn't spend $90-$100 on a pair of jeans! :eek: :eek: :eek:

<h2>1. What should I wear to a meeting room?</h2><p>Light sweater for chilly meeting rooms and comfortable walking shoes are recommended attire.</p><h2>2. What is the dress code for workshops and tours?</h2><p>Workshops and tours are business casual events. Women should wear slacks, skirts, jackets, sweater sets or summer dresses. Men should wear dress pants and dress shirts. Shorts and denim are not appropriate for women or men.</p><h2>3. What should I wear when walking across stage as an achiever?</h2><p>Achievers walking across stage should wear business dress, such as pant or skirt suits, dresses, or suits and ties.</p><h2>4. What is the dress code for Executive Director banquets?</h2><p>Executive Director banquets are often more dressy occasions, but contact your Executive Director for details.</p><h2>5. Is it appropriate to wear evening dresses during the day at Pampered Chef events?</h2><p>Last year, some attendees were seen wearing evening dresses during the day. While it may be a personal preference, it is not a recommended attire for Pampered Chef events.</p>

1. What should I wear to a meeting room?

Light sweater for chilly meeting rooms and comfortable walking shoes are recommended attire.

2. What is the dress code for workshops and tours?

Workshops and tours are business casual events. Women should wear slacks, skirts, jackets, sweater sets or summer dresses. Men should wear dress pants and dress shirts. Shorts and denim are not appropriate for women or men.

3. What should I wear when walking across stage as an achiever?

Achievers walking across stage should wear business dress, such as pant or skirt suits, dresses, or suits and ties.

4. What is the dress code for Executive Director banquets?

Executive Director banquets are often more dressy occasions, but contact your Executive Director for details.

5. Is it appropriate to wear evening dresses during the day at Pampered Chef events?

Last year, some attendees were seen wearing evening dresses during the day. While it may be a personal preference, it is not a recommended attire for Pampered Chef events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • pampchefsarah