• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Cookie Press & Cookie Sheet Review

Included with the booklet is a recipe for a press.In summary, the press is good and the cookie sheet is flexing.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
OK- I made the spritz cookie recipe that came with the press...YUK! :yuck:
I HATED the press... the dough was too stiff and it was hard to crank the press my hand was hurting and to boot after you pressed one cookie and went to go to the next don;t let go of the knob... It swivels back due to the pressure. I hated it.. The actual recipe was gross too.

I also used the new cookie sheet...I figures what the heck..I am a stoner and really only use stones. Well the darn cookie sheet was flexing in the oven due to heat! I have never had the other sheets do that. whats up with that?? Anyone elses do it? maybe its a lesser quality.

OK- so today I make batch 2 of cookies to see if I like the press. Used my tried and true spritz recipe it worked like a dream! EASY hardly messed up. I like it :D

any one have input on the cookie sheet?

heres my recipe

4 1/2 cups sifted flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs

cream together butter & sugar till light and fluffy
add eggs
add flour, baking soda & salt
mix well
I baked at 350

Really, the cookie sheet flexed? I'd e-mail the test kitchens about your experience w/ the recipe, press, and cookie sheet and let them know. Wonder if you got a bad batch of them and maybe they'll have some advice as to if it's abnormal or not.

I'm going to have to try my mom's spritz slims recipe. I just wish we had the same tip I use for them (I have a Mirro one that has 3 different tips, they protrude a little almost like a cross between the EAD and the cookie press) I'll try it and share the recipe soon. Got to dig it out of my Christmas files. :)

I used my cookie sheet(s) and no bending or any kind. In fact I cannot bake cookies to save my life and these actually came out and were not hockey pucks upon cooling. I'm sold on it.

I earned the CP - have not used it and knowing me, prob won't unless I do so just to say I used it. I'm not a fan of plain cookies (bring on choc chips, raisins, oatmeal, PB etc) and to me, mashed potatoes should not be coming out of something that looks like the toy I used to make PlayDoh hair with as a kid. Bring out the milk, 'buttah' & the mixer and let's have some taters. :)

Have you used the NEW one?
I have not had a problem w/ the older ones

Meaning the cookie sheets? Yes mine are the new ones. Cookie press that I have not used is the new one - its still in the box.

Nancy, thanks for the recipe. I wasn't thrilled with the one that came with the press.

But I did like the press and she sheet. I had no problem with it flexing either. I was actually suprised when I pulled the cookies off of it. I expected the bottoms to be well done and they were perfect!

Here is test kitchens response ( It may have been my error)

Nancy,I'm glad you got the Press to work well. Since I worked with the recipe so many times, I guess I have it down to a science. Make sure when you're making the dough to incorporate enough air when creaming the butter and sugar. I noticed when I tried to hurry this step, I would sometimes have a dough that was stiffer. As for the Cookie Sheets, yes they are thinner and because 2 of the edges do not have sides, there will be some flexing during baking sometimes. However, the Sheet will go back to it's original shape once removed from the oven. We found all competitive Sheets like this design do flex slightly. Rose The Pampered ChefTest Kitchens

..........it was my erroe I used a hand mixer and really did not cream it light & fluffy...guess my family gets more cookies!

Go to our Recipe file, and look for Pampered Chef Butter Cookie recipe for the Cookie Press.
The booklet was entitled HOW SWEET IT IS - ALL - OCCASION COOKIES,
put out in the year 2000, as #9280-9/00. I have typed in the fundamentals of the booklet.
It was a fold out that is not easy to copy because it is 5" wide by 21" long printed on two sides.

Last edited:

1. How do I use the new cookie press?

The new cookie press is very easy to use. First, make sure the cookie press is fully assembled and the desired shape disc is inserted. Then, fill the barrel with your cookie dough. Next, hold the cookie press at a 45-degree angle and press the lever down to dispense the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used up.

2. Can I use the cookie press with any type of cookie dough?

The cookie press works best with thicker, butter-based cookie dough. Avoid using doughs that are too runny or soft as they may not hold their shape when pressed. You can also try chilling the dough before using it with the cookie press to help it hold its shape better.

3. How do I clean the cookie press?

The cookie press is very easy to clean. Simply disassemble the press and wash all parts with warm, soapy water. Make sure to dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling or storing.

4. What are the dimensions of the new cookie sheet?

The new cookie sheet measures 18 inches by 13 inches, making it the perfect size for standard baking sheets. It also has a non-stick coating for easy release of your baked goods and is dishwasher safe for convenient cleaning.

5. Are there any tips for getting the best results with the cookie press and cookie sheet?

To get the best results, make sure to preheat your oven to the recommended temperature before baking. Also, try using parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on top of the cookie sheet for even baking and easy clean-up. And don't forget to experiment with different doughs and shapes for unique and delicious cookies!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
straitfan
Replies
Views
Staci
  • AMTC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom