• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant's Guide to Website Hosting & Password

Ann--you don't have to worry about qualifying for shows yet. You need to wait until you have at least 10 shows under your belt before you can even think about qualifying.That's right. You need to have 10 shows under your belt before you can even think about qualifying.
Denarella
Besides the fact I have NO clue what Im doing, my main question is what is the password Im giving to my host? Where do I find that? And lastly, being a new consultant who hasn't qualified, my website is limited only to what? I know I cannot do a wedding registry but what else? Sorry, its alittle overwhelming to start this....TIA...Dena

1. When you set up a show in your PWS, it will assign the password. You will see it then. It is nothing that you have to assign. Also, when you send your host an e-mail through your PWS, the password is on that e-mail!

2. I believe that you won't be able to accept online orders through your PWS until you are qualified, along with the registry part.
If this part is incorrect, someone correct me!

You can accept online orders as part of a show - customers will have to type in the host name. And hosts can send email invitations through the site, as well as create their own wish list.

Use the news area and calendar area for tips, recipes, and upcoming specials.

ljeffries said:
1. When you set up a show in your PWS, it will assign the password. You will see it then. It is nothing that you have to assign. Also, when you send your host an e-mail through your PWS, the password is on that e-mail!

2. I believe that you won't be able to accept online orders through your PWS until you are qualified, along with the registry part.
If this part is incorrect, someone correct me!

So its not the show number from P3, its the information I get from setting the party up on the calendar on my website?

My question is, if I set up a party on my site, and people flip to my calendar, waht are THEY going to see? I don't want to give out a host's information publicly.

The information that you enter on your PWS regarding a show does not show up on the calendar. You manually enter anything that you want to show on your calendar.

Thank you both, Ladies. I dont know what I'd do without you. Im going to go play....:D

Ladies?????

I'm sure she meant well, Lamar. It's force of habit around here to refer to everyone as "ladies." Just ask KG. :)

ljeffries said:
Ladies?????

My bad....its been the female posse helping me lately and that slipped out of habit...My apologies, "and gentlemen"....:blushing:

I thought she had seen a picture of my manboobs or something and got confused!

Poor Lamar! :blushing:

Please forgive me...;) :rolleyes: :balloon:

jenniferp417 said:
Poor Lamar! :blushing:

Oh C'mon...freudian slip....I would NEVER.....:eek:

It's ok....I'll live. Just giving you a hard time!!!

ljeffries said:
It's ok....I'll live. Just giving you a hard time!!!

It only 'hurts' because I feel sooooo bad!;) :yuck: :angel:

so what did you decide on your website address??

ljeffries said:
I thought she had seen a picture of my manboobs or something and got confused!
Those are known as "moobs."

:D
As Homer S. would say, "I'm wasting away to practically nothing. I'm down to a B-cup!"

ginamkiely said:
so what did you decide on your website address??

paradiso...actually when all of those great ideas were coming out of the woodwork? I had JUST ordered my business cards with paradiso...:(

Denarella said:
paradiso...actually when all of those great ideas were coming out of the woodwork? I had JUST ordered my business cards with paradiso...:(
that's ok, that's a great name and people will remember it easy cause it's your name, you know what i mean?

Thanks everybody for the good laugh!Denarella--you just have to play with your PWC to get the hang of it. You gotta do quite a bit of exploring but you'll figure it out. It's fairly simple after the first few times!

PC_CPR said:
Thanks everybody for the good laugh!

Denarella--you just have to play with your PWC to get the hang of it. You gotta do quite a bit of exploring but you'll figure it out. It's fairly simple after the first few times!

It seems pretty self explanatory for the most part. I guess if you're taking a laptop to a show, you dont print out any receipts there and you're just giving them their copy of the write in order form?

That's right. But that's a function of P3, not the PWS.

chefann said:
That's right. But that's a function of P3, not the PWS.

What's that you're speaking of, Ann? I got P3 with my new kit...then Im okay? My first show is here at my house so Im going to try the whole laptop thing while Im in the comfort of my own home. I have at least 20 coming that I know of. I am SOOOO hoping this one show qualifies me and takes the pressure off of the rest of the month!

I have been wanting to get a PWS but haven't yet because I don't think I would know what to do... Is it difficult? Doesn't matter, I know I can get an answer here ;)

Carissidy said:
I have been wanting to get a PWS but haven't yet because I don't think I would know what to do... Is it difficult? Doesn't matter, I know I can get an answer here ;)

It's really not hard but you know I'd help you if you needed it ;)

Denarella,
I'm now confused! You started out this thread talking about your website and then switched to the P3 laptop situation!!!!!A note about using your laptop at parties. On the night of the party, enter your show info (if you haven't already)--as in your host's name and address. When you start to process people's orders one at a time, only input their name and their item numbers ordered. Don't bother to enter the entire address, email etc right then (wastes too much time and you can capture that later with the write-in-receipt copy). With P3 you can add the totals onto their receipt and give them their copy. Then onto the next person!

Thanks, Cath. That's what I was trying to say with my previous post. There was a subject change from PWS to P3, and I wanted to make sure that people knew that receipts come from P3.

Yes! While we're at it...we should remind Denarella that when she gets an outside order for a show through her PWC, she will need to manually input the order from the website into her P3. Then she should print a receipt from P3 for this outside order to either mail to the guest or include in host's receipts to give with product. That is something that took me a day to figure out!!!!

Im sorry ladies. I confused myself. When I started, I was talking about the website and adding shows because I saw the 'calendar' tab. I was hesitant because I didnt' want names posted in this area for the "public" to see, I didnt want to invade the privacy of customers who maybe sensitive to that. I should've been more clear. So I was wondering if what I type on my calendar on my website is seen by the public, or is that something that only I see when I log into my website.

Then I accidentally called Lamar a lady, got a flustered and humiliated, and went into P3 questions with my laptop. Wherein, Cath and Ann did double work decifering and decoding my questions and answered them with ease.

I apologize for the confusion and thank you wholeheartedly for your advice and answers! Its all very overwhelming!

So am I to understand for my Mystery Show at my house next weekend, I have should enter this show into BOTH PWS and P3 but not put myself in as the host? As you suggested Cathy, I should enter my show info into P3 before the show, and as I get the orders, enter the item numbers in to get the totals for them to write onto their write in order forms and go back and enter their personal information after the show.

Any individual orders I get in from my website also have to be added into my P3 and hopefully, I have a show to tack those individual orders onto?

Dena:yuck: :yuck:

Hey, Dena!

Yes- enter your mystery host show both on PWS and P3. On the PWS, use your name or "Mystery Host" as the host, so that people who can't make it can still place an order online. I do as Cathy suggests and enter only Name and Products at the show, entering all other personal info later when I have more time. Yes, you'll need to enter any PWS orders into P3, so that they get submitted and count toward the show.

Your calendar on PWS is public. I sometimes (when I remember) put shows into the calendar area, as it's there then for guests who may have forgotten when it is. And then it's a place to post the recipe from the show, which gets guests used to the idea of going to your PWS for info. ;)

Denarella said:
Im sorry ladies. I confused myself. When I started, I was talking about the website and adding shows because I saw the 'calendar' tab. I was hesitant because I didnt' want names posted in this area for the "public" to see, I didnt want to invade the privacy of customers who maybe sensitive to that. I should've been more clear. So I was wondering if what I type on my calendar on my website is seen by the public, or is that something that only I see when I log into my website.

Then I accidentally called Lamar a lady, got a flustered and humiliated, and went into P3 questions with my laptop. Wherein, Cath and Ann did double work decifering and decoding my questions and answered them with ease.

I apologize for the confusion and thank you wholeheartedly for your advice and answers! Its all very overwhelming!

So am I to understand for my Mystery Show at my house next weekend, I have should enter this show into BOTH PWS and P3 but not put myself in as the host? As you suggested Cathy, I should enter my show info into P3 before the show, and as I get the orders, enter the item numbers in to get the totals for them to write onto their write in order forms and go back and enter their personal information after the show.

Any individual orders I get in from my website also have to be added into my P3 and hopefully, I have a show to tack those individual orders onto?

Dena:yuck: :yuck:

Thank you, Ann

1. What is the password I am giving to my host?

The password you give to your host is the login password for your website's hosting account. This is typically provided to you by your hosting provider when you sign up for a hosting plan.

2. Where do I find the password for my hosting account?

You can find the password for your hosting account by logging into your hosting provider's website or by checking the welcome email they sent you when you signed up for a hosting plan.

3. What limitations do I have on my website as a new consultant who hasn't qualified?

As a new consultant who hasn't qualified, your website may have certain limitations depending on your hosting plan. You may not have access to certain features or may have limited storage and bandwidth. It's important to check with your hosting provider for specific details.

4. Can I set up a wedding registry on my website as a new consultant?

No, as a new consultant, you cannot set up a wedding registry on your website. This feature is only available to qualified consultants.

5. Is it normal to feel overwhelmed when starting a website as a new consultant?

Yes, it is completely normal to feel overwhelmed when starting a website as a new consultant. Building a website can be a complex process, but with some research and patience, you can successfully set up your website and begin your online presence.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ChefMary412
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • chesse