• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wedding Registries in Canada: Questions for Consultants

In summary, the conversation discusses the availability of wedding registries for Pampered Chef consultants in Canada. It is revealed that there is no official wedding registry with Pampered Chef Canada and consultants must set up their own through their website. However, it is noted that setting up a registry can be difficult and there have been mixed results in terms of generating income from it. It is also mentioned that the lack of an official registry program in Canada may be due to the low success rate in the US. Overall, the speakers express their disappointment and wish for an easier and more successful registry program.
CMHC
I'm a new consultant and haven't yet set up my website. I see a lot of people on here talking about wedding registries - are they available on our websites in Canada? Or are they only on American consultant websites?

Thank you!

In the states, we cant set up a registry until we hit the $1250 qualifying sales. That much I know. I would suggest you go to your Consultants Corner or whatever consultant company website they have for you, and download/ find the Consultant Policy & Guidelines to review. It would likely tell you in that. I know our version does.

There is no official wedding registry with pampered chef canada.

Yes we do not have that in Canada... been waiting for it ever since i started 11 years ago! I really think it would go over well if they let us do it.
I have sort of set up my own in the past, but it is hard to do on your own without it already being set up by the company.

I set up a bridal wish list on my website, under calendar of events. The bride gives me her wishlist & I add her party, then put her wish list items there. I update it when someone orders online, or with what she gets at her shower. I am also creating business cards with the "we are registered at www.pamperedchef.biz/jennyward click on "my calendar" to see the registry" for the couple to put into their wedding invitations. Probably easier to view than explain...I have one bridal registry now- you are welcome to check it out.

Yes, that is basicallly what i do. i put it in my News or Calendar on my website and update as people order. It would be so much easier if we just had one set up for us on teh website. They say they dont think it would generate enough to be worth it! I think it would be great here!

Honestly? I have had my website and bridal registry since it started. Until these past few months, I never had even one bridal registry that generated any income at all. None. Then, this past Fall, I had an online lead bridal registry (who also checked "do not contact" - which is SO frustrating!) that has over $1000 in sales in the past 3 months. So out of 5 years (trying to remember when it first start???), I've had one registry with more than $100 in orders placed on it. (and only a handful that had less than $100!) If that is any indication of the National avg. then I can understand why Canada PC hasn't opted for the program!

ChefBeckyD said:
Honestly? I have had my website and bridal registry since it started. Until these past few months, I never had even one bridal registry that generated any income at all. None. Then, this past Fall, I had an online lead bridal registry (who also checked "do not contact" - which is SO frustrating!) that has over $1000 in sales in the past 3 months.

So out of 5 years (trying to remember when it first start???), I've had one registry with more than $100 in orders placed on it. (and only a handful that had less than $100!) If that is any indication of the National avg. then I can understand why Canada PC hasn't opted for the program!

Wow! That is crappy isnt it?

I just assumed that making it easier for the customer would make it really good!
When i set up my own, they have to go to my website and find the "List" i have posted on the calendar. then they have to choose some things and write them down as they then have to go to the brides "online show" and put the order in . I assume way less steps on a real PC registry right?

I have only had a few registries set up. They were all good between $400-$800, accept last one I did... i didnt even get ONE order..LOL.

I guess I can see why they havent bothered here... if they are basing it on how now in U.S.

I just wish .. thats all..LOL.

Veevahchef said:
Wow! That is crappy isnt it? I just assumed that making it easier for the customer would make it really good!
When i set up my own, they have to go to my website and find the "List" i have posted on the calendar. then they have to choose some things and write them down as they then have to go to the brides "online show" and put the order in . I assume way less steps on a real PC registry right?I have only had a few registries set up. They were all good between $400-$800, accept last one I did... i didnt even get ONE order..LOL.I guess I can see why they havent bothered here... if they are basing it on how now in U.S.I just wish .. thats all..LOL.
I do that when I have Bridal Showers - I post the Bride's wishlist on my Website. Then, I remove things when people place online orders for the Bridal Shower, and take the updated list to the Shower. Bridal Showers are GREAT! Bridal Registry...not so much.
I just didn't want you to feel like you were missing out on some big opportunity, when at least from my experience (and the experience of everyone else on my Team!) it hasn't been anything!I'd really like to hear from anyone who's had success with Bridal Registries (More than one or two....).

I am a recently inaugurated consultant and one of the first frustrations I encountered was the lack of wedding registry on the web site. I set up my site immediately upon signing up and immediately lost a party because I could not offer a reliable registry. I was so new I hadn't figured out how to do so on my existing site. I firmly believe that if you build it they will come!! I am quite frustrated at not having that tool at my finger tips. I have booked to do a couple of Bridal Shows this year and will have my own registry set up by then, actually before. Happy to take any and all advice from those more experienced. I have found this forum more helpful than any other source, thanks folks. Will this post on the US side as well? That is a fabulous source of info and tips too

The registry should be back soon, currently they took it down while they finish putting up the new web and app. On way you can work around it: Use a News Item and name it "Sandy and Jim's Wedding Registry" and then list everything they wanted.

Do you have an insert card idea that the bridesmaids can put in with an invitation? I have the old invitations, but my particular customer just wants an insert card saying the bride also has a PC wishlist.

Thanks.

If you have imagination or style you can make your own insert card by purchasing BLANK recipe cards (4 X 6) and making two inserts from each card. Use a few pictures, your consultant info and the name of the bride and groom. That way if anyone is interested in purchasing our fabulous product, they know how to reach you to get ideas for gifts.

What is a wedding registry?

A wedding registry is a list of desired gifts from a couple that is provided to their wedding guests. It allows guests to easily choose a gift that the couple truly wants or needs.

How does a wedding registry work?

A wedding registry typically works by the couple creating a list of desired gifts from a specific store or online platform. The list is then shared with wedding guests, who can purchase items from the registry either in-store or online. The purchased gifts are then marked off the registry to avoid duplicate gifts.

What are the benefits of having a wedding registry?

Having a wedding registry allows couples to receive gifts that they truly want or need. It also makes it easier for wedding guests to choose a gift, as they know it is something the couple has selected. Additionally, a registry can help prevent receiving duplicate gifts or items that the couple already has.

Can a wedding registry be created from multiple stores?

Yes, many wedding registries allow couples to create a list from multiple stores or online platforms. This gives the couple more options and flexibility in their gift selection and allows guests to choose from a variety of stores.

Is it customary to include a wedding registry in the wedding invitations?

It is generally considered poor etiquette to include a wedding registry in the wedding invitations. It is more appropriate to share the registry information through word of mouth or on a separate information card included with the invitation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • jkerr
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jkerr
  • nicki25