• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultants: Doing Your First Show After Signing Up

In summary, Kristin shared websites where one can purchase American-made toys, as well as another website that looks promising. She also mentioned that it irks her when she has to deal with customer service from people who are not from the US, and how the government may try to redefine what privacy means. Lastly, she said that she is so excited about having completed her Christmas shopping, and that she plans to get the girls
DebPC
Staff member
Doing new consultants first show for them after they sign?Does anyone here do this? I have never.

I did it once and it went well. I had her get involved with the show. She had a $1000 show.

I am there, do the intro, booking, recruiting talks and help with the demo. Technically, we can't do the whole demo and have another consultant submit the show. I like being there so I can train fast and easily. Plus, I don't have a problem asking their friends and family to book and/or sign.

If I do the show, then I get the commission and she gets the bookings.

the show I helped her with, I did the bookings and recruiting talk. I talked her through the recipe. So she did the cooking and I did most of the talking. It gave her the confidence she needed.

I usually go to their first show if they want me to. I ask them how comfortable they feel doing it on their own and how much of my input do they want? My new recruits usually get a lot of good recruiting leads when I go to there first show with them.

If she already had a show scheduled with me and then decides to sign, we do it as a team with me leading her.

Same with me. If they want me to be there, I'll be there. :)

I do not go to their first show. If they ask me whether I'll be there I tell them that if they really want me I will come but that I would be more nervous if my director was at my show and so I don't want to add to the stress at their first show. Their friends will know and understand if it's not perfect. No one has ever insisted that I attend once I explain why it's better I not go.

If I didn't already do a show with them and they are very unsure I suggest that I do the show and they can take the kit credit and they get all bookings from that show and can observe me to get ideas on how they want to present their own shows after that.

I always offer to do the first show for them--I consider it training, and I get them usually 4-5 DATED bookings. It's well worth my time.

I learned to do this by listening to Belinda Ellsworth.

Nanisu said:
I always offer to do the first show for them--I consider it training, and I get them usually 4-5 DATED bookings. It's well worth my time.

Who gets the commission on this show?

I do one of two things. If the consultant already has 5 other strong bookings, s/he gets the show to submit. If I feel like it might be a kitnapping situation, I tell them they have to have 5 other strong bookings (dates and guest lists) by x date (usually 5 days after the show) or I will have to submit this under my name. This was another Belinda suggestion. I haven't ever had someone not get the 5 bookings, so I never had to submit the show myself. Since we both did the show (s/he did most of the demo with me helping out here and there), I feel either one of us can submit the show.

This works well because it gets my consultant closer to qualifying, getting his/her investment back and does on the go training. I still get paid on the show, and I (hopefully) have a stronger consultant who feels comfortable doing shows.

You made some good points Kate!

Just regurgitating what I heard on Belinda's CDs! :D

ToysDoes any one know any good websites where I can buy american made toys or just not toys made in China. You would think that since I live in Japan I could find toys made in Japan easier, but the ones I have looked at are made in China. (yes I am willing to pay extra for these toys)
Tonia

chefkristin said:
I personally love this catalog. You can request that a catalog be sent or you can order online!!!

www.backtobasicstoys.com

Thanks Kristin, I am going to look at the website now!

Thanks for the links Kristin! I just had the convo with hubby last night about WHAT the heck we're going to get the kids for Christmas since all the recall scares... I'm just not willing to give my money to folks who think it's okay to put crap in my kids' toys! I'd rather spend a little more and reward those who have my kids' safety in mind. :D

I totally agree with American made after all the recalls with Toys "made in China". I am glad you started this link Tonia! Now I need to shop!!!

chefkristin said:
I totally agree with American made after all the recalls with Toys "made in China". I am glad you started this link Tonia! Now I need to shop!!!

Ditto here too!

Now, if we can just get all these big companies to bring their customer service back to the US I'd be really happy! It irks the hell out of me when I have a problem and I can only talk to someone in India, Panama, or The Philippines.....not only is there a language/accent barrier - they really don't seem to care. Oh, I could go on and on and on.......

pamperedlinda said:
Ditto here too!

Now, if we can just get all these big companies to bring their customer service back to the US I'd be really happy! It irks the hell out of me when I have a problem and I can only talk to someone in India, Panama, or The Philippines.....not only is there a language/accent barrier - they really don't seem to care. Oh, I could go on and on and on.......

Hear hear! :cheerleader:

It's amazing once you scratch the surface how much ISN'T being done or made in the USA... and even if it's "made in the USA" it could still be made in less than ideal circumstances or in other countries considered our territories... ugh. Plus the way they bend the definitions of things... it's no wonder things are falling to pot....

I started to read an article the other day about how the gov wants to redefine what privacy means... huh? Oy... I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg of what they'd like to redefine... scary stuff. I swear sometimes the only thing that really matters to these decision makers is our money so... I say I'll define where I spend it... I may not have a lot but I know they want what I've got.

Ooh... how's that soapbox get up under my feet.. ;)

I am so leary of toys this Christmas season! I had a garage sale this weekend and even those parents were checking my toys!!

So I did all of my son's shopping online last night!! :cheerleader:YAY!!:cheerleader:

Now I just have to go get him a bike and his stocking stuffers. Does anyone know of any bikes made in the US?

chefkristin said:
So I did all of my son's shopping online last night!! :cheerleader:YAY!!:cheerleader:

Now I just have to go get him a bike and his stocking stuffers. Does anyone know of any bikes made in the US?

http://www.usstuff.com/bikes.htm

This might help..
You might also google 'kids american bikes'... or something similar.

I am so excited I got more Christmas shopping done last night! I picked up the Disney Princess Enchanted Tales Vanity for my girls and all their stocking stuffers at Target!!! Woo Hoo!

Attachments

• IMG09.JPG
    IMG09.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG09.JPG
    IMG09.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG10.JPG
    IMG10.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG10.JPG
    IMG10.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 239
I can't even think, too hard, about starting shopping... I know what I'd love to get but don't know what we'll be able to afford yet...

Here's another article about the lead in toys business: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071205/ap_on_bi_ge/apfn_toxic_toy_tests

I have already spent too much on toys :( As much as I would like to spend more!

Carissidy said:
I am so excited I got more Christmas shopping done last night! I picked up the Disney Princess Enchanted Tales Vanity for my girls and all their stocking stuffers at Target!!! Woo Hoo!

That's what dh wanted to get the little one, but she has one. I told him if we were going to spend that much we needed to get her a real vanity. Or, he could build her one. I'm not sure I see that happening.

Related to New Consultants: Doing Your First Show After Signing Up

1. How soon after signing up can I do my first show as a new consultant?

As soon as you sign up as a new consultant, you can start planning and booking your first show. We recommend doing your first show within the first 30 days of signing up to take advantage of the excitement and momentum of starting your Pampered Chef business.

2. Do I need to have any experience or training to do my first show as a new consultant?

No prior experience or training is necessary to do your first show as a new consultant. Our team of experienced consultants and leaders will provide you with all the necessary tools and support to ensure your first show is a success.

3. How do I prepare for my first show as a new consultant?

To prepare for your first show, make sure you have all the necessary products and supplies on hand, such as catalogs, order forms, and demonstration tools. It's also important to practice your demonstration and familiarize yourself with the products you will be showcasing. Our team will also provide you with tips and guidance to ensure you are fully prepared.

4. Can I have someone help me with my first show as a new consultant?

Absolutely! We encourage new consultants to have a mentor or experienced consultant to assist and support them during their first show. This can help boost your confidence and ensure a successful first show.

5. What are some tips for a successful first show as a new consultant?

Some tips for a successful first show include bringing your enthusiasm and passion for Pampered Chef products, engaging with your audience, and providing a memorable and enjoyable experience for your guests. It's also important to follow up with your guests after the show to thank them for attending and offer any additional assistance with their orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chezshelly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pclinskie
  • Sarah Mitson
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies