• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant: Questions About HWC Campaign

In summary, the conversation is about the upcoming Help Whip Cancer (HWC) campaign for consultants of a company. They discuss the products that will be available for fundraising, including a pink mini measure-all cup, pink nylon knife, and pink flexible scraper. There will also be special products available online, with a portion of the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society. Consultants who hold and submit shows in March will receive HWC products and possibly an apron. There is also discussion about the fundraising percentage being increased in May and potential pins and literature from the ACS.
kearstin
Does anyone know when we will get information on this year's HWC
campaign???

This will be my first year as a consultant, so I don't know a whole lot
about the program details (and the PC website seems to be down right
now). Anyway, I have piqued the interest of a co-worker who is on a
local Relay for Life committee... I think she might be interested in a
fundraiser, but I was a little hesitant to give her too much information
since I don't really know a lot!!!!

TIA,
Kearstin

I thought I saw something on here about HWC from someone who went to Leadership...they posted a list of the new products, and the discontinued products... I think the small 1 cup size Pink Measure-All Cup was one of the things...and maybe pink Quikut paring knives? and the Pink Polka Dot Simple Additions plates, etc... I didn't read it in detail... but do a search on New Products...I'll do it too and see if I come up with something.
HTH

Last year a lot of people had GREAT ideas.

I think we need to start a thread just for that.

If we start early, then we could have a very successful month helping a great cause.

~

I heard somewhere.. I think from all the leadership stuff, that if you have 3 show by March 15 you get all the HWC stuff free. Hope so, as I just booked show #1 Mar 5.

There is pink square bowls that go with the stand, some cups and plates that can only be ordered online. At least that's what I heard.

I was hoping to look on the PC website and see if there was any info on there, but the site is STILL down!!!!!

I'm going to get the shakes if I can't get on there soon :eek:

whiteyteresa said:
Last year a lot of people had GREAT ideas.

I think we need to start a thread just for that.

If we start early, then we could have a very successful month helping a great cause.

~

I agree!! I didn't do much last year for HWC (first year doing it), but I'd love to do more this year. Need some ideas though!

That is why my best show total is $4,482 because that was my first fundraiser and it was with the Relay for Life teams in my county - only 6 teams out of 30 did the fundraiser and it was a great success.

I am hoping to do some of the other things mention here last year like setting up at different department stores, going to different businesses, etc but I can't remember everything.

I e-mail Greg about starting a NEW hat/category just for that since HWC is so important, the important stuff could be put in one area so we can access it through there instead of doing so many searchs.

That's my own opinion

~

Oh my gosh, Teresa - I just realized we're neighbors!!!!! I am in Oakland :)

kearstin said:
Oh my gosh, Teresa - I just realized we're neighbors!!!!! I am in Oakland :)

Nice to meet you

Who is your director?

~

Nice to meet you too!

My director is Susan Cronk (she's in NY), but my recruiter is from Terra Alta, WV. Who is yours??

Sonia Emerick

E-mail me at [email protected]

I have a few questions for you if that is okay?

This year, there are several products for HWC:
Pink mini measure-all cup, $6.50
Pink nylon knife, $5.50
Pink flexible scraper, $7.00

Each includes a $1.00 donation to the American Cancer Society.

There will also be, online ONLY, pink cups and squares (seasoned consultants will remember them from last year). They will be packaged in pairs of just cups or just squares and will only be available while supplies last. They will be $24 for squares and $20 for cups. They also include a $1 donation.

May hosts will be able to choose from:
Pair of pink SA small bowls with small bowl caddy, $13
White rectangular platter with handles, $18.40

If we as consultants hold and submit 2 shows from March 1-15, we'll get all 3 of the HWC products. If we do 3 shows in the same period, we'll get the products and an apron. The apron is a light pink with the updated HWC logo.

HWC fundraisers (those that specify Help Whip Cancer as the organization, so the money goes straight to the ACS) in MAY ONLY will have the donation percentage upped.
$150-299 = 15%
$300-499 = 20%
$500 + = 25%

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the info, Ann. I can't wait to start promoting this!!

There will probably be some info in the February newsletter. The past couple of years there have been some really cute pins available for us to hand out, pink ribbons with whisks. They are supposed to have those again this year, as well as some literature from the ACS. The HO rep at the HWC table at Leadership said they're still working out details on the literature. There will probably be an email address/website for ordering it (it was free last year and will probably be so again).

Is there any information or I should say pictures in the February's Consultant news about HWC? Just getting itchy about the it since I have a proposed big fundraiser in May. Thanks.

Is the Februrary edition available already???

I know the directors can access it today but not consultants.

I am excited I already have two cooking shows for early March

luvs2cook said:
I know the directors can access it today but not consultants.

Oh good! Maybe we'll have a director update us on whether or not there is any HWC info in the new KCN!!!

If the products are available on-line only for the squares and cups how would you incorporate that into your show sales?

I am assuming it will be available on the Outlet??

They weren't specific at Leadership about where online the cups and squares would be posted. I'm with Jennifer - I think they'll be in the outlet, which means that they could NOT be ordered as part of a show. (And that's because show orders that come online still need to be entered in PP, and that takes away the web-only aspect of it.)

And for warranty purposes as well possibly.

I’m in the same boat as Kearstin. I've been wondering about HWC as well. Everything I've seen has been 2006 only, and I'm doing one (possibly two) Relay for Life fundraisers in my area this year. I'd like to thank ChefAnn for her incite, all of her input that I've come across since I've signed on (about a month ago) has helped me out tremendously.

Just to let everyone know

The % for the fundraiser in May has chagned for the HELP WHIP CANCER program only.

even if you do a fundraiser to help raise money for your local Relay for Life the % is still only 15%

I thought (which was my first mistake) the % would be good for any Cancer fundraising you do, but not true:(

The higher % is just for the Help Whip Cancer program

kearstin said:
Oh good! Maybe we'll have a director update us on whether or not there is any HWC info in the new KCN!!!

You can access the February CN online on CC. I just downloaded it. I haven't read it yet.

Also the March-April 2007 Consultant Sales Promotion is also available. Great promotions for us!

There is some HWC info in the CN. There will be more coming up.

Cookingfool- thanks for the sweet sentiment. :) awww....

chefann said:
There is some HWC info in the CN. There will be more coming up.

I just checked and the CN only has the HWC fundraising percentages for sales. I guess it will be the March CN that will give more details and the flyers.

The products are pictured on the Consultant Incentive sheet for March/ April!

HwcAnother thing you can do is call contact HWC the 1-800 number and tell them you are a PC Consultant and the will send you FREE book marks ,or other HWC lables, or hangtags to give out at shows the month of May . Te guests really like that , all you have to do is tell them how many you want .

Do you have the 800 number handy?

Hwc1·800·ACS·2345 here's the number

The rep at Leadership said that they were going to have literature available for us, but were still working out if we would order via phone or web.

So has anyone had a lot of people have interest in the HWC shows? This is like other fundraisers right where all the host gets is the host special? Just curious...

But the sales of the pink items at ANY show benefit HWC, right??

Thanks!

If the show is a "FUNDRAISER" then she would only get the Host Sp.
But any MAY SHOW can raise money for Am. Cancer Society, but purchasing the pink products.
Some people host May shows FOR THE WHOLE reason of helping whip cancer.

Let people know, that most people are affected some way or another, and it is a wonderful way to help the ACS! Even if they know people who had another form of cancer...they still want to help.

EARN those HWC products in Mar/Apr...

I did a May 1st fundraiser last year, at my house. I was surprised at how many people came. My friends, neighbors, all know I'm PC...I had a house FULL!! and it turned out to be a $600 show!

I made up pink dollar bills, on the back I printed that it was good through December - only through me, any order they placed they would get $1 off. If they booked a show, they got $3 pink $(just like what is donated to ACS for bookings).
AND for every pink product they bought they got a pink dollar.
I'd say it was successful.
I didn't do a demo. I did a word scramble, with foods that are cancer fighting, the person with the most unscrambled words got a gift,and the person who figured out what those words had in common (cancer fighting) got a gift.
I also typed up breast cancer facts, on stripes of paper, passed them out for everyone to go around the room and read, and I discussed each one a bit. These facts are on the ACS website, or on the flyers we can get free thru ACS ...PC will let you know info on getting them probably in March or April.

The foods I had to eat were all cancer fighting foods...Strawberry Bruschetta, Confetti Pasta Salad, a bowl of nuts, Raspberry and Blackberry Wine.
And I did these recipes at all my other May shows.

I think I should do it again!

Good luck! It is for such an amazingly important cause. Make your May shows about more than just PC. Teach them the importance of early detection!!!!!

What a fabulous idea! Thank you for sharing! Kristi

ChefNic~

Fab ideas - I just might do this a s well...

chefann said:
The rep at Leadership said that they were going to have literature available for us, but were still working out if we would order via phone or web.

I read something (Weekly Bites?) that ordering literature would now be through PC, not ACS. I'm sure we'll get another email as the date draws near.

kearstin said:
Nice to meet you too!

My director is Susan Cronk (she's in NY), but my recruiter is from Terra Alta, WV. Who is yours??
No way MY Director is Susan Cronk too. Im in California
I guess we'll being seeing each other wave 3 in ChiTown

CAmomCookin4U said:
No way MY Director is Susan Cronk too. Im in California
I guess we'll being seeing each other wave 3 in ChiTown
How cool!!! I'm still trying to see if I can work things out to ride the wave this year... I know everyone says how worth it the experience is, and I would LOVE TO GO, but I've not been with PC for too long and I've dumped all my commission to date right back into my business. Hopefully spring will be good to me and I can afford to go and see you and all the other cheffers there! :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • ChefMoore
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann