• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant - Excited Yet Nervous!

In summary, Crystal is a new consultant and is nervous about her upcoming business. She tried the Creative memories selling process but it did not work out. She is excited to start her own business and is looking for advice. Brainstorm a list of everyone you know who eats and set a time to meet with your upline. Crystal also set a date for her own show. She is calling her customers and inviting them to her show. When she gets her consultant number and password, she will go take all the training on consultant's corner.
ccrusoe
So I'm a new consultant. When I say new, I mean that I just emailed my up-line to order my kit. I'm excited because I love PC, but I'm nervous b/c I'm not good at getting people to book.

I tried the Creative memories selling, but it didn't work out----I'm thinking this will go better because it isn't a "limited" customer base

Any advice would be helpful!

Congratulations!!!

Brainstorm a list of everyone you know who eats. :love:

Set up a time to meet with your upline. Pick their brain!

Set a date for your own show.

Start calling them and let them you that you started your new business. Your excitement will sell them on PC. Ask them if they had ever considered having their own business. If they would like to have a fun night with their friends. If they say know, ask about a catalog show. Invite them to your show.

When you get your consultant number and password, go take all the training on consultant's corner.

Read all you can here. :thumbup:

I sold Creative Memories several years ago. While I wasn't really beating the bushes to get bookings, I can see where the difference is. With CM- it was really a COMMITTMENT from the customer- they would be scrapbooking, and let's face it, most of us are just so busy- we WANT to do it, but can't....so getting customers was hard (for me at least). I had a couple girlfriends who just had fun getting together doing a few pages here and there, but I was basically my best customer!But while I am still relatively new at PC, I can say, it's MUCH easier getting bookings. The trick is just getting out there and asking. For me- I'm a bit on the shy side- so that's the hard thing for me, but when I ask- I get a much better responseSo don't compare what happened with CM and what WILL happen for you with PC.You'll do great! Welcome aboard!OH! And I just noticed, you aren't far from me. I'm up in Rolesville (just north of Raleigh/east of Wake Forest). :D Welcome neighbor!

Welcome!
Don't worry, the longer you do this the more confident you will get. It DOES get easier to tackle people in Wal-mart (wait, was that outloud? LOL).

Welcome! Glad you found CS! It's help your business a ton as well. :)Hijack...Crystal, you just crack me up. I just love your sense of humor. It puts a smile on my face every time I read one of your posts. :D

:)ccrusoe - invite, invite, and invite more. And when you think you invited waaaaay to many, invite more. I'm brand new, had huge expectations, thought I was on cloud 9, invited 47 people...I will be lucky if I have 5 tomorrow for my Grand OPening (that wont really be grand). If I hadn't invited the girl at work (that I cannot even stand), I'd be at 3/4. Either I have to take it as a really bad sign about my future success, take it personally that no one cares or wants to help with my success/failure, or hope that its just something out of my hands and try again next time and hope that the strangers I meet along the way are more generous and helpful than those close to me. When they say its a numbers game it really is. If I'm at 47 out of my 100....I hope the other 53 that I find are more of a positive experience.

I know this is the ultra positive site where everything always sounds warm and fuzzy so I hate to have a negative tone but that would be my advice from one newbie to another. Invite, invite and invite and share my bad luck with numbers with your hosts so that they get the idea that they can never invite too many people.

And set realistic goals. I think I may have been on crack when I set mine. :)

Best of luck to you! And if it makes you feel better, know that there are others out there just as nervous as you so you're never alone! :balloon:

Thanks everyone.....My sister is doing a July catalog show for me. I have a couple feelers out now for other catalog parties.

Oh wait - I take what I said about everything being warm and fuzzy here on this site. I have read quite a few 'cat fights' where claws have come out. In fact I just loved reading the "difference of opinions" on home schooling. I'll just say wow on that one. But overall...I have found the PC family to be quite warm, helpful and supportive - but just like our own families, I now can see (or read) that even the PC family gets on each others nerves, and or hits a nerve from time to time. And that's what makes the world go round! Just think how boring it would be if we all agreed with each other all of the time?

What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn money by selling high-quality kitchen products and hosting cooking parties. You also have access to training and support from the company, as well as the chance to build your own business and make your own schedule.

How do I get started as a new consultant?

The first step to becoming a Pampered Chef consultant is to sign up with a consultant sponsor. You can do this online or by contacting a current consultant. Once you have signed up, you will receive a starter kit with all the materials you need to get your business started.

What if I'm nervous about hosting my first cooking party?

Many new consultants feel nervous about hosting their first cooking party. However, Pampered Chef provides you with all the necessary training and materials to ensure your party is a success. Plus, your sponsor and other experienced consultants are always available to offer support and advice.

What are the best ways to promote my Pampered Chef business?

There are many ways to promote your Pampered Chef business, including hosting parties, setting up a website, utilizing social media, and networking with friends and family. Pampered Chef also offers marketing materials and tips to help you promote your business effectively.

What kind of support can I expect as a new consultant?

Pampered Chef is dedicated to providing support for its consultants at every stage of their business. As a new consultant, you will have access to training materials, webinars, and a community of experienced consultants who are always willing to offer advice and support. You will also have a sponsor who can guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• soimpatient
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lisa Cassell
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vegetarianwife