• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nerves and First Show Jitters: Tips for a Successful Presentation

In summary, Linda is preparing for her first show and is nervous. She recommends drinking some wine to help ease nerves and having an outline or note cards to help her remember what she wants to say. She also jokes around and makes her guests laugh. She suggests that they make the sugar cookie pizza into a circle and bake it ahead of time. Linda also suggests that she write things down to help her remember what she wants to say.
SERVEITUPSONYA
i have my 1st show tomorrow and i am looking for some words of advice. anything will help...nerves....i feel like i am going to be forgetting something. does giving your guests the catalogs in the begining of the show work better for you or do you wait until you are done with the show. i feel like i am going to get up front and forget what i will be talking about. i am making the strawberry banana pizza and i made it last week and it seems to turn out okay the only problem that i had with it was when i was taking the sugar cookie dough and turning it in to the shape of the pizza it was sticking to the roller and putting holes in the dough and not rolling out right. i just don't want this to happen infront of a group of people at home its different. help help help

BREATH! Try and Relax at your show! I know that may be difficult~ being your first show! I know my first one was very nerve racking because there were 13 people watching me! I used an outline or note cards to get me through it and actually still use one to 9 months later! No one seems to care, especially since you are first starting off!
Sometimes when I feel really nervous or on edge it helps to drink a couple sips of wine (if they have it a the party) and that takes the edge off quick!

As for the cookie dough, did you use flour so the roller would not stick? Try that. Good luck and just have fun! If you enjoy it your audience will too!

did the flour on the roller and it still stuck to the dough

Put your baker's roller in the freezer when you get to your host's house. I read this on here somewhere and I tried it.....it really does work! Doesn't stick and you don't need the flour either. I tried this with the puff pastry dough and that stuff is pretty sticky. If you don't have time to practice before your show tell your guests that you are trying something new and that you will all see together how it works. You might want to have some flour with you just in case you need it though,

Also, be sure that during your demo you talk with your guests, not to them. When I pick up a tool to use in my recipe I usually say something like "I'm going to use the baker's roller to do....does anyone have this?" if someone says yes I ask them what they use it for and how much they like it. If they don't have it I tell them why I like it and what I use it for.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Linda

Remember too to add some laughs!A joke here or there helps you and your guests relax.
For example, when you use the Baker's Roller explain that "it makes a great foot massager. Only, please get two!"
Or even something like this about the warranty on the stone you use. "It has a three year warranty and they will usually replace it no matter how it breaks! Just don't tell them your kids thought it was a frisbie!"
Making them laugh makes you relax and makes you memorable. You always want to leave a good impression of being a fun likable person.

I just had my first show last Friday night & believe me I was a bundle of nerves! I decided just to get up there & be honest with them....I told them that I've been with PC for a two weeks now and they have the privilege of being at my very first live kitchen show! I told them all to cross their fingers and say a little prayer that I don't talk to fast, they get all the info they want & need and that the food tastes great! In the end I think it made everyone a little more "understanding" towards my presentation and things went great!! I even had a few of them return the door prize slips with little words of encouragement! Just relax and be yourself! You'll do great!:D

The best advice I have for a sugar cookie pizza like the one you're doing is make it into a circle and bake it ahead of time. That way its ready for your show. The at the show I just tell everyone about the bakers roller and pass it around. I honestly don't use the roller to roll out sugar cookie dough-- too much of a pain.

Also write things down that you want to say or remember. I still do that and use cheat cards. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Don't worry, the first show is always the most nerve wracking. Just be enthusiastic and it will catch on with your guests.

I saw a cute idea somewhere on here about having the host or one of the guests roll it out so it doesn't look bad if you did it!

Boy do I remember that feeling!! I was so nervous that I was nauseated! Once I got into it though and everybody seemed to be having fun, it was much easier! I agree with writing down a little cheat sheet outlining what and when to do things, and I practiced out loud to my son (who's 4) hey he thought it was fun! It will get easier the more shows you do! Good Luck! You'll be fine!!!

1. How can I overcome my nerves before a Pampered Chef presentation?

One way to overcome nerves before a presentation is to practice your presentation multiple times beforehand. This will help you feel more confident and prepared. You can also try relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or visualization to calm your nerves.

2. What are some tips for a successful presentation as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

First, make sure to thoroughly familiarize yourself with the products and their benefits. Also, dress professionally and arrive early to set up your display. Engage with your audience and be enthusiastic about the products. Lastly, be prepared to answer any questions and offer personalized recommendations.

3. How can I make my Pampered Chef presentation more engaging and interactive?

One way to make your presentation more engaging is to involve the audience by asking questions, offering samples, and encouraging them to try out the products. You can also incorporate hands-on demonstrations or games to keep the audience interested and involved.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid during a Pampered Chef presentation?

One common mistake is talking too fast or not pausing for the audience to ask questions. It's important to speak clearly and at a comfortable pace. Another mistake is not being familiar enough with the products, which can make it difficult to answer questions or make recommendations. Also, avoid being too pushy or sales-oriented and instead focus on genuinely sharing the benefits of the products.

5. How can I build confidence for my first Pampered Chef presentation?

One way to build confidence is to practice your presentation multiple times beforehand. You can also reach out to experienced Pampered Chef consultants for advice and tips. Additionally, remind yourself that you are knowledgeable and passionate about the products, and that will shine through in your presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
n8vtxn
  • trisigma730
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered2007
  • Heather Rogers