• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just Practiced My First Recipes, Not Pretty!

In summary, Leesa made two recipes, the banana toffee pizza and the tomato basil pizza. She had problems with both the cookie and pizza dough as far as making it look nice. Do all your's come out perfect with practice at your shows? Do you cut around the edges to make it straight around before cooking? Neither of hers came out as a cirlce- oops!
heat123
Silver Member
Ok, I just finished two recipes 1. the banana toffee pizza and 2. the tomato basil pizza(I only have the large round so I didn't make it squares). I had problems with both the cookie and pizza dough as far as making it look nice! Do all your's come out perfect with practice at your shows? Do you cut around the edges to make it straight around before cooking? Neither of mine came out as a cirlce- oops!

I hope I get better with presentations as I practice! :eek:

Heather,
Don't worry! You'll get it. It does take practice and mine STILL aren't perfect. If you're doing this at shows or your Grand Opening, just let them know you're a "Pampered Chef, not a Perfect Chef!" It all still tastes the same!

It will get easier! :)

Dear Heather,

I am a former pastry chef and still I make mistakes ;) (at every show)

Today I did the italian calzones from the season's best at my neighbor's show and I used the pilbury pizza dough. I left it out too long before the show and the first container was stuck together :( WHAT TO DO???? I put it aside and opened the other. Very carefully I pulled it apart and got a sigh of relief from the guests, along with laughter. I told them, "At least you will know what to do if it happens to you at home" :)

I ended up cutting the first dough in half and rolling it length wise to fit over each calzone. You would have never guessed I goofed.

The best part about making mistakes at your show is your host and guest get to see that you are just like them and they don't have to be intimidated by you.

Opposite advice :)I've had the opposite experience with pizza dough. I usually take it out as soon as I get to a show, open it, and place it on the stone. That way it is easier to roll out. So is using your fingers (good PRE show prep). Just work until it is sufficiently stretched out.

Cookie Dough HelpWith the cookie dough, I roll it into a ball before I roll it out. Then I lightly flour my stone and my baker's roller. Much easier to get it into a circle. Like they've said before it's not "The Perfect Chef". Plus, do this before your show starts so you can "help" it along with your fingers!!! :p

I've messed up a couple things too, but I don't really worry too much about it. When mine is more amoeba shaped than circular, I just laugh and tell them I failed geometry. People come to taste new recipes, not analyze the perfectness of your round pizza.

Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes and I think that it just shows people that they can goof up and still make their family and wonderful meal. Which is probably why we have test kitchens - to make sure the recipes are tasty and consultant proof! :)

Good luck,
Leesa

1. How can I improve the appearance of my first recipes?

Practice makes perfect! Don't be discouraged if your first attempts are not visually appealing. Keep practicing and experimenting with different techniques and ingredients. Also, make sure to follow the recipe instructions carefully and use quality tools and equipment.

2. Can I still serve my first recipes even if they don't look pretty?

Absolutely! The taste of the dish is the most important aspect. As long as it tastes good, it can still be enjoyed by yourself and others. You can also try garnishing or plating the dish in a creative way to make it look more visually appealing.

3. I used a substitute ingredient in my recipe and it didn't turn out well. What should I do?

It's always best to use the exact ingredients listed in the recipe for the best results. However, if you do need to make a substitution, make sure to research and understand the ingredient you are substituting and how it may affect the dish. You can also reach out to Pampered Chef consultants for advice on ingredient substitutions.

4. My dish turned out burnt or overcooked. How can I prevent this from happening?

Make sure to set a timer and keep an eye on your dish while it's cooking. Every oven is different, so it's important to familiarize yourself with your oven and adjust cooking times accordingly. You can also try using a lower cooking temperature or covering the dish with foil to prevent overcooking.

5. I'm new to cooking and don't have many tools. Can I still make these recipes?

Yes, you can! Many of our recipes can be made with basic kitchen tools and equipment. However, having the right tools can make cooking easier and more efficient. Consider investing in a few essential kitchen tools like a good knife, measuring cups and spoons, and a quality cookware set to help you achieve better results in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SERVEITUPSONYA
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pckimboyers
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • janetupnorth