• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

First Show Woes: How to Make it Great

In summary, the conversation is about a person's first show for their new business, and their worries about remembering all the product information and having a successful show. The conversation provides suggestions to relax, have fun, and practice out loud to help with nerves and remembering information. Other suggestions include having guests participate in the presentation and using note cards as a guide. The overall advice is to tailor the show to the crowd and not stress about forgetting things.
Jenelle
I have my first show this Thursday for my sister. I've been trying to practice as much as possible, but with a full time job and part time job, and now pampered chef, it has become difficult at times. I'm getting a little worried I won't know what to do when I'm standing there on Thursday. I've been trying to practice in my head as I make different recipes what the names of the products are, and what is special about them. The problem is, I doubt I'll remember everything. Has anyone handed out cards for everyone to read when you use a certain product? I don't want it to be a lot of work for the guests, but I also don't want to have a lousy show. Any suggestions on first shows help! TIA

Best advice is relax and have fun! I never show EVERYTHING at a show. If I forget something oh well...better luck next time...that's what makes shows different. Try to hit the main things and I talk about the tools I am using. ...just something little about each, not ALL the features. Then, I'll often talk through my TTA and what is in there and the pans I have with.

During introductions ask them what their favorite tool is...then you can talk about each one as they mention them.

Good luck!!!! Don't forget to have fun!

Just relax & go with the flow. I still forget things at my shows. I have thought about having guests read info about a certain product so they can sell it. Try it & let me know how it works. You will definitely have to tailor your shows to the crowd. That you can't practice unless you know all the guests ahead of time. I have had shows where I changed everything because it wouldn't have worked the other way.

Have it....Love itYou can play Have it, Love it with them. Tell them that when you pick up a tool to use if they have it to yell "Have it, Love it" if they own it and tell everyone what they like best about it. It involves the group and they can help you remember to talk about certain things. I've even had people yell "Want it!".

The best advice anyone can give you is to relax and have fun. If you forget something, don't stress about it. We all do! I've been doing this 9 years and I always leave a show saying, "Man, I should have said....".

For my first shows I made a cheat sheet with main points I wanted to talk about...the names of the products I was using (we've all forgotten the name of a product at one time or another!)....I even put the name of the host in case I had a brain freeze. Hopefully that won't happen to you since it's your sister! :D

Jenelle~

First off welcome to CS and congrats on starting your own business!

As for your first show...practice OUT LOUD as much as you can! Sounds like you are very busy, so even practice out loud in your car on the way to/from work. There is something about actually saying the words that helps you put them into your memory so you don't blank out at your show!

Also- feel free to use note cards to keep yourself on track! I STILL use them, especially if I change something about my show...just so I don't forget something! Your idea of having the guest read the benefits of different products is good...just keep what they are reading to a minimum...you know, streamline what they are saying to just "bullet points"

EVERYONE here had jitters and worried about flaking out at their first show, so don't worry so much. Soon your first show will be behind you and you won't ever feel that same level of nervousness again!! (I *still* get nervous before every show...just not so intense!)

I have one suggestion. Don't just practice in your head. Practice out loud. (People who have been here for a long time just rolled their eyes. They're getting tired of hearing me tell people this. :)) Seriously. Practice out loud. It sounds weird, but because you're "hearing" it as well as thinking it, the words get planted in a different place in your brain. This makes it easier for you to remember them when you get nervous. And, trust me, we all get nervous to some degree. Practice for your pets, your family, a grouping of stuffed animals, your couch pillows, whatever.Once you get started, relax and have fun. I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job.

1) How can I ensure a successful first show?

The key to a successful first show is preparation. Make sure you have all the necessary materials, such as catalogs, order forms, and product samples. Also, be sure to familiarize yourself with the products and practice your demonstration beforehand.

2) What should I do if I make a mistake during the show?

Mistakes happen, especially during the first show. The most important thing is to stay calm and address the mistake with honesty and humor. Your guests will appreciate your authenticity and it will make the show more relatable.

3) How can I engage my audience during the show?

Engaging your audience is crucial for a successful show. One way to do this is by asking them questions and encouraging them to participate in the demonstration. You can also share personal stories or ask for their input on recipes and kitchen tips.

4) What if my guests aren't interested in purchasing anything?

Not everyone will be interested in purchasing products at every show. However, you can still make the most of the opportunity by providing a fun and informative experience for your guests. They may not make a purchase at that moment, but they may be more likely to attend future shows or refer friends and family.

5) How can I follow up after the first show?

Following up after the first show is important for building lasting relationships with your customers. Send a thank you note or email to show your appreciation and ask for feedback. You can also offer special discounts or promotions for future purchases. Additionally, be sure to keep in touch and invite them to future shows or events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Krista Burson
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
nikked
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • blarrabee