• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I calm my nerves for my first Pampered Chef show?

In summary, Laura recommends practicing the recipe and going over tools over and over when comfortable enough talking about them to yourself, infront of family, go over your outline until you feel you know it well enough, and by next week you should do great! Relax and enjoy and you will have a good show!
laura062182
I am brand new to the Pampered Chef Family! My first show is Saturday
4-28-07 and I am starting to get a little nervous. I need some ideas for games and prizes. Also any tips to get over these jitters. I really want this to be fun for the guests, the host, and myself. Thanks for your help!:D
Laura

Congratulations and good luck at your first show!!

Congratulations on your new business. If you do a search for games a bunch will come up. You can also look in the file section on this site. Good Luck with your show!

Donna

Practice the recipe and go over tools over and over when comfortable enough talking about them to yourself, infront of family, go over your outline until you feel you know it well enough, and by next week you should do great! Relax and enjoy and you will have a good show! That's what I did to start, good luck!

I totally agree, go over the recipe you are doing ALOT ... even if you dont relaly want to buy the ingredients over and over ... PRETEND you are doing the recipe, just with out food! LOL ... As long as you are comfortable with the recipe before hand, most of it will go just fine! You will not believe how forgiving your host and guests will be if you let them know this is your first show and your alittle nervous, they will ease your nerves and make you feel comfortable. I've had experience with that, trust me!

Also, if you do a search on here for games, you will get a lot. I really like the "left, right" game. You can do the "queen of shoppers" game also. Just do a search and you can read all about them. There is a huge file on here of about 100 games you can read thru and see which ones you like. Make sure to have little prizes for the winners (if you dont have products you can give away, like the little quick cut knives or the citrus peelers, give them candy. Most guests love getting candy!)

You can also, ask questions and the person that gets the answer right gets a little treat. You can ask questions about host benefits, etc to get bookings or even about the opportunity to inspire someone to try it out. I just thought about a way to get someone to sign under you also, when you are collecting orders and asking them if they would like their own show, encourage them to book with you and if they sign up for the business, tell them you will give them an extra % off towards their or consultant kit if their show is over a certain amount of money. I have heard it works, and am going to try it at my next show.

Well good luck, I hope you find what you are looking for and that your show is a success. Remember, you arent going to be perfect but just be willing to laugh at yourself and be honest with your host and her guests and everything will be great!

laura062182 said:
I am brand new to the Pampered Chef Family! My first show is Saturday
4-28-07 and I am starting to get a little nervous. I need some ideas for games and prizes. Also any tips to get over these jitters. I really want this to be fun for the guests, the host, and myself. Thanks for your help!:D
Laura

My first show was in Feb and it was a $1000+ show! I was extremely nervous since I don't really know how to cook. (I'm working on it!) Anyway, I made sure to let them know it was my first show. I had notecards to help me - more of a security blanket. I practiced a LOT for my daycare kids - they didn't mind, lol.

The key I think to my first show's success was the theme. We did an Amazing Race show - got all the info here in files. Basically, I did my spiel first, then split the guests into 2 teams, and they raced to complete the recipe - each step was in a separate envelope, and there were activities in some of those envelopes, and other times they had to "steal" a tool from the other team. I think this type of show was AWESOME for a first show because it totally took the focus off of ME! They made Chicken Club Squares and the Peanutty brownie Pizza. It got them using tools and talking about the products. The absolute best part was that they all had FUN! After they were done (it was a tie), they ate and I finished my spiel. I also got 4 bookings off the show!

My other advice is to practice your spiel as much as you can - have note cards as back up. Practice your recipe (if you do one). Don't stand behind a table, and be sure to interact with your guests ahead of time. This will make you "one of them" and it won't feel so intimidating when you do your presentation. Makes it easier to joke with them, too.

Good luck - can't wait to hear how it goes. :)

Welcome and good luck on your first show:) Practice, practice, practice your recipe(s). Read up on the products and use them whenever you can so you are comfortable with them. But most of all ~have fun~:)

Best of luck!!! I did note cards for all the products that i was going to use. When we did introductions, I gave whom ever said they liked it the card, and then when I demo'd it I had them read the card. Went so well. I didn't have to worry about talking and cooking at the same time.

Thank you everyone for the suggestons! I will definately use them. I look forward to becoming successful at this business and it is great to have input from experienced consultants! I appreciate all advice and hopefully I will be able to return the favor one day!
Laura

Just be yourself, have fun and don't expect to be perfect or polished! You'll still probably be nervous that day, but when you are totalling the orders, the sweating will stop, your heart will slow and you'll realized that you've made it through!!!! :) I do throw out candy - I tell them at the beginning that I like people to participate and interact during the demo, and that I'm not afraid to bribe them - then I show them the candy!!! Always gets a laugh and it helps me to keep the show light and fun. Best of luck - you'll do GREAT!!!

Laura~

I agree with everyone else's answers here...just wanted to clarify for you: when we say "practice" that means practice OUT LOUD...actually speaking the words that you want to say. You will be amazed at how much MORE you will remember come demo time if you have practiced out loud!! Wording for your opening, the demo, for closing, and closing the sale and getting bookings.

I look like a freak when I am changing something with my show because I talk out loud in the house going through everything. Then, I talk "through" my demo on my way to my hosts house the day of the demo!! This really helps!

Laura,Practicing out loud is the best advice. (You beat me to it, Kelly.) Being prepared will help with those jitters. I would also suggest that you let everyone know that this is your first show. Honestly, most people are really understanding. Best of luck! Be sure to let us know how things went. I'm sure you'll do a fine job.

I just did my first show yesterday. I really surprised myself. I did better than I thought...but the best thing that helped me was I did an outline of what I wanted to say. I would be willing to share it with you, if you are interested.

Laura,
Everyone is nervous before a show!! So, don't worry, it's supposed to be that way, first of all!!
That being said, here's the advice I have for you, in addition to what's already been said, which is all soooo true.....
Think about any home party plan "show" you've ever attended. I don't care what company it was. OK? Now....when you went to the party, was your whole purpose in attending just to see that "demonstrator" screw up?

NO!! Of course not!! You most likely went, in order to get out for awhile, enjoy the fellowship of other people, have some yummy food of some sort, relax, and, hopefully find some sort of something to purchase that you would enjoy having in your life somehow, whether it was makeup, home decorations, food products, kitchen tools, etc. I would bet that you probably didn't even remember 90% of the demo!!
Well, guess what? That's how it will be at your shows, too! I mean, I don't know about you, but when I do PC, I'm getting my own "night out", too, so, I pretty much decided that I was going to enjoy myself when I do shows, and hope that my guests do, too, but, either way, I'm still going to enjoy myself!! lol
And the real secret here is, if you are enjoying yourself, you will eventually relax, and the guests will enjoy themselves, too!!

I hope this helps you a little!

Best wishes!!
Paula

carinscookingcorner said:
I just did my first show yesterday. I really surprised myself. I did better than I thought...but the best thing that helped me was I did an outline of what I wanted to say. I would be willing to share it with you, if you are interested.

I'd love to see it! I need to put together an outline, and would love to see yours to use as a guide.

carinscookingcorner said:

I'd love to see it! I need to put together an outline for my shows, and would love to see yours to use as a guide.

When you're up there....

First off -- Breathe. this is very important. :) Remember that you are doing this because you have a passion for either cooking, money, or both. Either way -- it's all good and only good can come of this.

Second --Keep your knees slightly bent and don't lock them. a relaxed stance helps you not have the shakes so much when you are nervous and gives the appearance that you are comfortable where you are.

You're going to do fabulous. Guests have no idea when you screw up 99% of the time because YOU are the expert in their eyes so there must be SOME reason you do things the way you do. IF you do screw up LAUGH it off -- tell them the apron says pampered, not perfect and isn't this proof that anyone can do this job :p People love someone who is real!

Have a great one and best wishes. I beleive in you! :)

What are "First Show Jitters"?

"First Show Jitters" refer to the nervousness or anxiety that some hosts may experience before their first Pampered Chef show. It is a common feeling and we are here to help you through it!

Why do people experience first show jitters?

First show jitters can be caused by a variety of factors, such as the pressure to have a successful show, fear of speaking in front of a group, or uncertainty about the products or presentation. It is completely normal to feel nervous before your first show!

How can I overcome my first show jitters?

There are a few things you can do to ease your nerves before your first show. First, practice your presentation and familiarize yourself with the products beforehand. Second, remember that your friends and family are there to support you and have a good time. Lastly, take a few deep breaths and remind yourself that it's okay to make mistakes and have fun!

Will my first show be successful even if I have first show jitters?

Absolutely! We have seen many successful first shows despite the host feeling nervous beforehand. Our products speak for themselves and your enthusiasm and passion for them will shine through, even if you have some jitters.

What resources does Pampered Chef offer to help with first show jitters?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help hosts with their first show jitters. Our consultants are always available to answer any questions or provide support. We also have training materials, tips, and tricks to help you feel more confident and prepared for your first show. Additionally, our community of hosts and consultants are always willing to offer advice and support to new hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tylis
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • dessertMama
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • Sara Dawn