• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Neighborhood Open House Brunch: Avoid Conflicting Direct Sales Event!

In summary, this woman is having an open house with other direct sales reps on the same day as my brunch. I am going to tell my guests not to go to her house when they are driving down the street, but this is really weird. I have never met the consultant and how much is it a coincidence that we are having an event on the same day?!?
sailortena
I am having an open house brunch at my place on Saturday. Me and another friend are doing it together and are each inviting everyone we know including neighbors and such. I sent out invites to about 15 neighbors around me, but not everyone on the street.

Here's the thing ... I know there is another PC rep on my same street because she has a sign on her front lawn. I get a flier on my door saying she is having an open house with other direct sales reps ON THE SAME DAY!!! My brunch is from 11:30-2, and her vendor event is from 2-4 (with "snacks served")

What should I do? I am going to totally tell my guests who are coming to avoid that house when driving down the street to mine, but this is really weird. I have never met the consultant and how much is it a coincidence that we are having an event on the same day?!?!?

Ouch! I hope you get a good turnout!

That is a bummer! I wish I had some better advice for you, but make sure you do some follow-up calls with the invites! Personal contact should make a big difference! Good Luck!

Oh dearI hope people have to see your house before hers when they turn down your street!!! I hope you get the better turnout!!

Good Luck!

Cheers:rolleyes:

Is she one you invited to yours? I hope she is not trying to get your guest in to hers on purpose. But if she knew about it that sure sounds like what she could be doing.

I have had that happen with one of the other vendors that I have combined shows with. Same street same day. The people you invited are going to come because of you, not just PC so I would do what was said above and do your reminder calls, really talk it up and hope it all works out.

Yeah, I really hope it works out. People have to pass her house first before they get to mine. The street is 1/3 of a mile long, so I will just stress that they need to basically go to almost the end of the street to my house.I am really stressing the party part of it, and not just PC. Several people who know I am a rep plan on coming and others just want to see the inside of my house. LOL. I think I have an advantage too that it is earlier in the day. My friend and I are working so hard on cooking, too. I just don't want it to be a bust. Specifically for her, since I am giving her the host benefits.

I would def. do follow up calls and I would also place a bunch of ballons outside to make your house "stand out" from hers. Since they are at diffrent times, maybe it won't matter.

Oh man - that REALLY stinks!

sailortena said:
I am having an open house brunch at my place on Saturday. Me and another friend are doing it together and are each inviting everyone we know including neighbors and such. I sent out invites to about 15 neighbors around me, but not everyone on the street.

Here's the thing ... I know there is another PC rep on my same street because she has a sign on her front lawn. I get a flier on my door saying she is having an open house with other direct sales reps ON THE SAME DAY!!! My brunch is from 11:30-2, and her vendor event is from 2-4 (with "snacks served")

What should I do? I am going to totally tell my guests who are coming to avoid that house when driving down the street to mine, but this is really weird. I have never met the consultant and how much is it a coincidence that we are having an event on the same day?!?!?

You know, it's unlikely they will just want to pop-in to her house, regardless of who is there... and if they do on their way to your house, they won't buy from PC because they are going to your house (so she could help your sales by showing them some new uses and products you might not have?)?

Ok, enough being devil's advocate... I would call her after-the fact. Just pretend it didn't happen, and see if you can become friends. At least you know it wouldn't happen again?

GOOD luck!

I think it wouldn't hurt to call the other rep and let her know that you're both having an open house at the same time. In case guests show up at the wrong house, you can each direct them to the correct party.

What is "How's This for a Bummer!"?

"How's This for a Bummer!" is a versatile and convenient kitchen tool offered by Pampered Chef. It is designed to quickly and easily remove the tops of cans and bottles without leaving sharp edges.

How do I use "How's This for a Bummer!"?

To use "How's This for a Bummer!", simply place the tool on top of the can or bottle and press down firmly. The sharp blade inside will pierce the top and cut it off cleanly. Then, use the built-in mini pliers to lift off the top and dispose of it.

Is "How's This for a Bummer!" safe to use?

Yes, "How's This for a Bummer!" is designed with safety in mind. The blade is enclosed within the tool and only operates when pressed down on a can or bottle. However, as with any sharp object, caution should still be taken when using it.

Can "How's This for a Bummer!" open any size can or bottle?

"How's This for a Bummer!" is designed to open standard size cans and bottles. It may not be suitable for larger or irregularly shaped containers.

Is "How's This for a Bummer!" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "How's This for a Bummer!" is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. We recommend placing it on the top rack of your dishwasher to ensure it does not get damaged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • jbondr
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jbondr
  • AnnieBee
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies