• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Needed Today: Your Best Organization Tips

In summary, if you want to be successful at organizing your time and office space, you should schedule office hours and stick to it!
Nanisu
Gold Member
Tonight I have my second 3D training that I am conducting with my team via SKYPE--can you please post your best organization tips? Office organization, time organization, etc. Thanks!

Schedule office hours and stick to it! It just has to be a set time where you do income-producing activities (not making files, newsletters, etc... it's time on the phone!). It doesn't have to be the same time every day, it just has to happen some time every day! HTH! :)

finley1991 said:
Schedule office hours and stick to it! It just has to be a set time where you do income-producing activities (not making files, newsletters, etc... it's time on the phone!). It doesn't have to be the same time every day, it just has to happen some time every day! HTH! :)

I really need to do this.

scheduling office hours works! Don't do anything else during that time.. no laundry, facebook, talking to friends etc. You can power through your tasks faster and more effectively. Also act as if you are "clocking in" to a job and have a boss. You can't duck out on a boss or lie about your work time.

keep a list of tasks that need to be completed. Check them off as you go. Then when your work time is done if you have not completed all of them, you know exactly where to start the next time you work.

keep all of your work in one place in the house.

pick an organizational system/style and stick with it. if you keep changing the way you do things you never move forward, just side to side!

Having a checklist is a great tool. I am organizationally challenged myself. What really helps things not get out of control is to NOT give up. If things start to get out of control, just take a breath and straighten it out. What tends to happen to me is it starts to get out of hand and I toss my hands up and say, "oh well, I guess I can't keep a clean office." It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

I think the biggest problem for me right now is that my entire office is disorganized. I look at it, and I think that I want to get it all cleaned up and organized and neat - and THEN I can set office hours and be organized in my business. But then I see the mess, and like Sandra said, I throw up my hands and say "Oh well..."

Chefbeckyd said:
I think the biggest problem for me right now is that my entire office is disorganized. I look at it, and I think that I want to get it all cleaned up and organized and neat - and THEN I can set office hours and be organized in my business. But then I see the mess, and like Sandra said, I throw up my hands and say "Oh well..."

But if you have no business, what is there to organize? ;)

I don't mean you don't have business per se... it's just that we can spend SO MUCH time organizing, filing, etc, that we ignore the income-producing activities that will get us the biz we need.

My rule is no filing, organizing, etc until my calls are made. It's the Eat that Frog approach...

PS: I'm not meaning YOU Becky here... I'm using that in the general sense. I'm not pointing at you personally!!!!!!!

These are great you guys--keep em coming!

Having a mater calendar for your whole familys schedule

Meal Planning for the week

color coding by month/activity etc. however your brain has to see it.

keeping a call log, so you know exactly when you talked to who and about what.

1. Make lists
2. Everything should be organized that its visible and within reach. (Binders with page protectors are a business-gals best friend)
3. Make your lists achievable
4. Back up all of your electronic items in organized 'folders' in your email/hard drive etc. I use a gazillion email folders but I know where to look when I need something.
5. Action eliminates anxiety. Just do it!
6. I invested in scrapbooking cubes for my business - everything can be labeled and have a home of its own. Baskets/drawers/slots/cubbies etc....there's a place for everything and all can be grouped (ie: drawer for recruiting flyers, drawer for receipt paper, shelf for envelopes, cubbie with door for catalogs etc)

Chefbeckyd said:

Me too! I am a very black and white thinker too. IT's all or nothing. If I don't have several hours to devote to it, I don't even try to start. We're replacing our carpet in our finished basement (where my office is) and it's caused me to HAVE to clean up and go through piles and clean off and move shelves because everything has to be up off the floor. My desk and cabinets are all built in, so pretty much everything but that had to be moved to a different part of the basement, so it forced me to do it. I still have work to do with the stuff ON the desk and in the cabinets.

I'm very organizationally challenged too, so I dont' have anything to add.

I'm a fan of to-do lists when I think to write things down on them. If anyone has iPhones, there is an app called "Do It Tomorrow" or something like that and it keeps a running to do list. Until you cross something off the list, it shows up day after day. It's the small start I've tried to implement lately!

Thank you all for these tips. My call went GREAT!! My team members that I am doing these 3D calls with (Daily Diligence in the Details) are really benefitting from them. First week was goal setting, this week was organization. Next week we tackle bookings!

Awesome!!! :sun:

Are your 3D Calls being recorded? If they are would you be willing to share them?

No but I have an outline and thoughts--I would be happy to post them. I came up with the idea because I got tired of telling them the same stuff each meeting, and they weren't doing it anyway. So I switched it up and called it 3D (Daily Diligence in the Details) and am doing a conference call on SKYPE. I send them handouts, we dialogue, and I give them homework. Yes it's the same stuff, but with a little different twist and the ones that really want to step it up are the ones who are participating. At the end of the 6 weeks i will send them all 3D glasses from the party store and something else with a 3D theme. We are having fun.

1. What are some simple organization tips for my kitchen?

Some simple organization tips for your kitchen include decluttering and getting rid of items you don't use frequently, utilizing storage containers and racks to maximize space, and creating designated areas for different types of items (e.g. a baking section, a spice cabinet, etc.).

2. How can I keep my pantry organized?

To keep your pantry organized, try using clear containers and labels for different types of food items. Utilize vertical space with shelves or hanging organizers. Regularly declutter and rotate items, placing newer items towards the back and older items towards the front.

3. What are some tips for organizing my closet?

When organizing your closet, start by decluttering and getting rid of items you no longer wear or need. Sort clothing by type (shirts, pants, dresses, etc.) and then by color. Utilize storage solutions like hanging shelves, shoe racks, and storage bins to maximize space.

4. How can I keep my paperwork and documents organized?

To keep paperwork and documents organized, create a filing system with different categories (e.g. bills, important documents, receipts, etc.). Utilize storage solutions like filing cabinets or bins. Regularly go through and shred or recycle unnecessary documents to avoid clutter.

5. What are some strategies for organizing my daily schedule and tasks?

Some strategies for organizing your daily schedule and tasks include using a planner or calendar to write down appointments and deadlines, creating a to-do list for each day, and prioritizing tasks based on urgency and importance. Utilize digital tools like reminders and alarms to help you stay on track.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • almondfarm