• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Organizing My Office for Success: Help!

In summary, Jen wants to get her office organized and is looking for advice. Colleen recommends a book by a former Pampered Chef Consultant and Jen starts to purge her office.
imported_iteachurkid
Ok, I have to get my life organized. I feel like I've been out of school for a month and between traveling and moving my sister, I've done nothing. I want to start with my office. I have paper everywhere...guest care cards, order forms, etc. What do you guys do with these? I need a system...something that is easy to maintain and gets rid of all the paper. I'm ready to step my business up to the next level, but that's not going to happen right now as everytime I go in my office I get overwhelmed...so I leave :) Help!

I would love to be a Professional Organizer in my spare time...I LOVE to organize -- it makes me feel calmer. But I was once a mess (and it's like weight loss, you have to keep up with it every day or it will creep back up on you!).

Can I suggest a book by a former Pampered Chef Consultant? Laura Aridgides, Ph. D has written a great book called "Organization for Home Based Professionals". It goes thru the basics that will start you off right. I have always worked on 'zoning' your rooms (I have a Show Zone with host info, host packets, show supplies, etc -- a Learning Zone with books, audio and video items, my Work Zone is my desk and only things that I use on a daily basis are there).

You can find her info at www.OrganizeNow.info -- if you do e-mail her, tell her Janice sent you!

oh, I remember her! I think I took a workshop at Conference from her before. Thanks for sharing her site!Jen, I am in the middle of reclaiming my office, too. One thing I have discovered is that I hang on to too much stuff I don't need. I am purging a LOT. The key is to have good systems in place and that's what I'm working on. For me they have to be portable too.

I am purging my office too! I can not for the life of me find the cord to sinc my blackberry (not sure I even got it with the phone - it should be in the verizon bag next to my desk - I am just now 6 months after getting the phone deciding to figure it out). I ordered a new one so when I get through the mess in here I'm sure to find it.

I like that zone idea. I'll start with a bin for each area - show info, including packets; bridal show info; recruiting; recipes; team training. What else?

So do you guys keep all of your old order forms? If so, how long? I have boxes of order forms from the last 5 years and really don't know that I need them. With everything on Pampered Partner Plus...what do you think? Anyone have a good way of organizing your guest care cards? Do you write down people's info and toss the paper, staple it to a notebook? Janice, thanks for that site. I'll definitely look into it. I think I may purge A LOT. I've saved a lot of things over the years that I probably really don't need...off to attempt progress :)

I shred ALL order forms 1 month after the show is delivered. I have a copy on P3.. don't need the paper copy.I have a document in Word where I keep track of yeses and maybes from door prize slips. I shred those as well after I enter the e-mail addresses in iContact.I keep almost ZERO paper around. Don't have room for it and clutter makes me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finley1991 said:
I shred ALL order forms 1 month after the show is delivered. I have a copy on P3.. don't need the paper copy.

I have a document in Word where I keep track of yeses and maybes from door prize slips. I shred those as well after I enter the e-mail addresses in iContact.

I keep almost ZERO paper around. Don't have room for it and clutter makes me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just what I needed to hear...my shredder has quite a workout ahead of it :) Thanks Colleen!

Oh I could kiss ALL of you!!:love0010: I am not cleaning my office...I am giving it a detox!!! A colon cleaning so to speak! (sorry...I will blame it on growing up with mostly boys and a grandmother that was a nurse and did not mince words!!)

So now I have my furniture in place but I have TONS of boxes of misc. junk...some good, some just got plunked down when I was busy.

Although I have probably read or have notes on the lady that was linked to..it is time for a refresher course. One thing that will help is that I have a nice wooden two drawer file (it is about 4 ft. long and two ft. in depth.) I could not get into it so I did get that fixed. Then I emptied it...my shredder is very tired but I have taken 2 huge bags of shredded paper to be recycled! I have at least one more to go! Got to go but THANK YOU to everyone!:love0010::candyheart:

Ok...the funny thing is...my cat has a routine of hopping up on different furniture to get on top of my desk top that has a big basket where I keep large envelopes in. The furnuiture was moved and it is really throwing him off! Like when you have to write with your less dominate hand. Poor kitty!

1. How can I declutter my office space?

Start by sorting through everything in your office and getting rid of anything that you don't need or use regularly. Invest in organizers such as bins, shelves, and file folders to keep everything in its proper place. Don't be afraid to let go of items that are taking up unnecessary space.

2. What is the best way to set up my desk for maximum productivity?

Keep the items you use most frequently within arm's reach, such as pens, notepads, and your computer. Utilize a desk organizer or trays to keep your desk surface clutter-free. Keep only the essentials on your desk and store the rest in drawers or shelves.

3. How can I maintain an organized office on a daily basis?

Create a routine of tidying up your office space at the end of each day. File away any loose papers, put away supplies, and wipe down your desk. This will ensure that your office stays organized and clutter-free on a daily basis.

4. What are some tips for organizing digital files?

Create folders and subfolders to categorize your digital files. Use descriptive names for your folders to make it easier to find what you need. Regularly delete any unnecessary files to keep your digital space clutter-free. Consider investing in a cloud storage service for easy access to your files from any device.

5. How can I effectively manage my time in the office?

Start by creating a schedule or to-do list for each day and prioritize your tasks. Set aside specific time blocks for certain tasks and avoid multitasking. Minimize distractions by turning off notifications on your phone and computer. Remember to take breaks and delegate tasks when possible to avoid feeling overwhelmed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • Mel5497
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamela
  • sandilou