• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Your Opinion Regarding Show Tonight!!

In summary, a 20 car/4 transport pileup resulted in a tanker truck explosion. The highway is still not open due to the debris. The westbound lane is only one lane. The delay is extreme. My host wants to cancel for my sake, but I feel so bad. I have 4 wheel drive and the roads are clear except for the huge backlog of transports and cars. I've heard from a couple of different people that the drive that normally takes 2 hours took 4 there and 5 1/2 back. What to do?
kcjodih
Gold Member
I have a show that's a little over an hour away tonight. Yesterday afternoon there was a bad snowstorm and there ended up being a 20 car/4 transport pileup on the highway. A tanker truck exploded - 2 dead, 11 in hospital. The highway still isn't open (all 3 lanes eastbound-my returning home direction) due to the debris, reconstruction and the highway has melted :eek:

The westbound (getting to the show) is only one lane (due to heavy equipment to remove debris on the other side) and the delay is extreme. My host wants to cancel for my sake but I feel so bad. I have 4 wheel drive and the roads are clear except for the huge backlog of transports and cars. I've heard from a couple of different people today that the drive that normally takes 2 hours took 4 there and 5 1/2 back.

What to do?!?!? I don't want her cancelling (we couldn't coordinate another Feb date) . She's just going to gather orders and hope for the best. THis will mean lower sales of course and 0 chance for bookings. But do I bother going all the way there when we only know 4 for sure are coming (and we already know what they want - family from the show 3 weeks ago she booked at) and 4 maybes that could or could not show?

I always believe go no matter what - small shows are great too. But to sit in traffic 3 hours for a one hour drive and then possibly 4 or more to get home seems crazy! And it's supposed to keep snowing here. Light snow BUT it hasn't stopped AND the area the accident occurred in is known for getting snowsqualls from the open fields beside it due to the lake effect snow!

What do I do? Take her up on her offer to cancel and just gather orders? Or brave it and go?

HELPPPPPPPPPP

Ohhh-- that's a tough call.

Rebook her for March (a new products show) and stay home. You can use the time to contact the people who were invited and tell them about discontinued items. Maybe increase sales that way.

I would cancel. turn it into the catalog show and then reschedule for march or april when the weather is better. I think yours and her guests safety is much more important than the party.

We had to cancel our monthly meeting because of snow and icy conditions, and even though I hated to cancel (we were doing year end recognition and all) but my recruits safety was much more important. (especially since we all live about an hour away from the meeting site).

good luck with the catalog show--maybe she'll get some more orders?? have her stress all the products that are going away!

I would cancel. If her guests are more local, they can still do the show just without you there.

Dear host,I completely understand your concerns about the weather and the potential for a difficult drive to and from the show. Safety should always be the top priority, so if you feel uncomfortable driving in these conditions, I would recommend taking your host up on her offer to cancel and gather orders instead.However, if you feel confident in your ability to make it to the show safely, then I would suggest going ahead with it. While it may be a smaller show, every sale and booking counts, and you never know who may show up or who may be interested in hosting a future show. Plus, your host has put in a lot of effort to plan and promote the show, and it would be a shame to cancel it completely.If you do decide to go, I would suggest leaving early and giving yourself plenty of extra time to account for potential delays. Also, make sure to communicate with your host and any potential attendees about the weather and any potential changes to the show. Safety should always come first, but if you can make it safely, I believe it's worth the effort to try and have a successful show.Stay safe and warm, and I wish you the best of luck with whatever decision you make. Remember, as a pampered chef consultant, you have the support of a strong team and company behind you. Don't hesitate to reach out for help or guidance if needed.Best regards,
A fellow pampered chef consultant

1. What is the purpose of the "Need Your Opinion Regarding Show Tonight!!" email?

The purpose of this email is to solicit feedback and opinions from our consultants regarding the upcoming Pampered Chef show tonight. We value your input and strive to continuously improve our shows for a better experience for both our consultants and customers.

2. How often do you send out these types of emails?

We typically send out this type of email to our consultants a few days before a show, as we want to make sure we have enough time to make any necessary adjustments based on your feedback.

3. What kind of information are you looking for in our opinions?

We are open to any and all opinions, but some specific areas we are interested in hearing about include the flow of the show, the quality of the products showcased, and any suggestions for improvement. We also appreciate any positive feedback or success stories you may have from previous shows.

4. Will my opinion be taken into consideration for future shows?

Absolutely! Your opinions and feedback are crucial to the success of our shows and we take them very seriously. We will review all feedback and make adjustments accordingly for future shows.

5. Is there a deadline for submitting my opinion?

We appreciate receiving feedback as soon as possible, but there is no strict deadline for submitting your opinion. However, the earlier we receive your feedback, the more time we have to make any necessary changes before the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• zookeeper614
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • Akamsthang
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pclinskie
Replies