• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Fun, Quick Home Party for 20 Guests!

In summary, the best option for a "quick" show for a hostess with 20 people over is to do a cake in a microwave oven with a 3-minute dip.
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
I had a baby last year and haven't done a home party in almost a year, but my best hostess has requested that I do a show for her. She tends to have around 20 people over and I want to do something fun, but I'm a bit out of practice. I can't bring a TON of product, and I can't be gone all day (since my son is still nursing, and I'll need to get home). Any ideas for a "quick" but fun show?

I don't know what tools you own but two easy demos (choose one) are the Cucumber-Lime Dip Demo (this is on Consultant's Corner) and the Crunchy Buffalo Chicken Cups (current Season's Best).

Even doing a Death by Chocolate show- using either the DCB or the RockCrok(if you have it), and do either a molten chocolate cake, or the smores cake. Having the cake batter already mixed up, and it's basically just a dump and cook...the rest of your demo is done or talked about while the cake cooks.

I agree with ESAVVYMOM about doing a cake in DCB or RC. When I need to make it a quick show & I know the host enjoys sweet things, I like to make a lava cake (white or chocolate) and then a drink or two in the Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher. A big hit tends to be the Peach Melba Fizz, but there are tons of alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks out there to choose from. You could even have a recipe prepared ahead of time & just talk (maybe play a game or two) while the guests are eating & looking at catalog.

I love doing the lava cakes in the DCB- so easy and impressive!

Those are great ideas! I'm just worried that she'll think it's too little. The past two years I've done tastings shows (to the extreme!). Should I be worried, or just roll with it?

Do the DCB microwave smores cake (so good!) along with a cucumber lime demo and a 3 min dip, then fascinate them with some garnishing techniques - do you have fruit & cheese cutters set? Creative cutters? V-shaped cutter? crinkle cutter? mandoline with crinkle blade? Do some research on here for the potato show and you'll get a ton of ideas. The heart-shaped cutter from fruit & cheese cutting a brownie - then set 3 or 4 of the hearts tips-touching with a chocolate "stem" and you've got an amazing shamrock treat. See CN for details. Good luck!

I like Scott's idea. I was going to suggest the Wine, Cheese, and Chocolate, with the 3-minute dip and the S'more's cake (or a chocolate lava cake if you don't have the RockCrok yet). What about Rush Hour Fajitas? The cucumber Lime Dip is another good one, or the Mango Confetti Salsa (with chips, or pork tenderloin in the DCB).

If you have the 3 minute dip set I'm doing Sweet & Savory at my show this Friday. Molten Lava cake in the DCB and then making up the dip right at the end. I did this at a show in January and they loved it. :)

1. How can I ensure that my home party for 20 guests is fun and engaging?

To make your home party fun and engaging, it's important to plan activities and games that involve all guests. You can also incorporate interactive product demonstrations and cooking tips to keep guests entertained. Additionally, creating a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere with music and decorations can add to the overall enjoyment of the party.

2. What is the ideal duration for a home party with 20 guests?

The ideal duration for a home party with 20 guests is typically 2-3 hours. This allows enough time for guests to socialize, participate in activities, and shop, without it feeling too long or rushed.

3. How can I make sure I have enough food for all 20 guests?

One way to ensure you have enough food for 20 guests is to plan for a variety of appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. You can also ask guests to bring a dish to share, or have a potluck-style party. Additionally, utilizing Pampered Chef products such as the Quick Cooker or Quick Slice can help you prepare and serve food efficiently.

4. Should I provide party favors for my guests?

While it's not necessary, providing party favors can be a nice gesture to thank your guests for attending. You can give out small kitchen gadgets or tools from Pampered Chef, or create personalized goodie bags with homemade treats.

5. Can I host a home party with Pampered Chef products if I'm not a consultant?

Yes, anyone can host a home party with Pampered Chef products. You can either purchase products directly from a consultant or become a host and earn free and discounted products by hosting a party. It's a great way to try out new products and share them with your friends and family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tabnat80
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mandy412
  • debbieskitchenhelper