• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas-No Egg/Dairy/Chocolate

In summary, the host is looking for ideas for an allergy-free dessert to serve at her upcoming demo. Suggestions are appreciated!
lisacb77
My host next weekend has a child allergic to eggs, dairy and chocolate. I think she said mixed into a cake is okay but can't remember for sure.

Anyway, I think she is just looking for ideas for them for everyday. I don't think she expects the demo to follow this but it would be nice if i could find 2-3 and do one as my demo.

Here's the catch, I do not own the APCS. I have found several that would work but don't own that piece.

Suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

How about the Italian Pasta Stir-Fry? I don't have my books here at work, so I can't direct you to which one it's in. But it's basically veggies stir-fried, then mixed with bow-tie pasta. It's delish.

Or are you looking for a dessert recipe?

BTW, you can show a LOT of product by substituting for the APCS - peel the apple with the Veg Peeler, core with The Corer, and slice on the Ultimate Mandoline.

Thanks Ann. Trying to remember that one...it might use cookware I don't have. I forgot to mention I only own the 8" saute pan. And out of the APCS substitutes, I only have the Mandoline...uggh!!!

I did find the potstickers from the last SB and a bananas foster dip from an earlier one. Does anyone know if they are hard to demo? I would try it out this week on DH of course :D

lisacb77 said:
Thanks Ann. Trying to remember that one...it might use cookware I don't have. I forgot to mention I only own the 8" saute pan. And out of the APCS substitutes, I only have the Mandoline...uggh!!!

I did find the potstickers from the last SB and a bananas foster dip from an earlier one. Does anyone know if they are hard to demo? I would try it out this week on DH of course :D

The Bananas Foster is sooooooooooooo simple & easy as heck to demo. Only problem is you said no dairy & it is served over ice cream. Unless you can find some Lactose free ice milk,cream,soy,yogurt:confused:
Sorry didnt see 8in saute pan. Its made in the 10 in.

Oh, I thought it was a dip. So they could dip cookies or whatever instead of the ice cream?

lisacb77 said:
Oh, I thought it was a dip. So they could dip cookies or whatever instead of the ice cream?
I wouldnt call it a dip...its more like a sauce that has sliced bananas in it.

Hmm, well maybe I can drizzle it over angel food cake then or something. I'm kind of leaning towards the potstickers. She wants a light recipe.

The Bananas Foster Stir-Fry is great over pound cake. And you can pick one up in the bakery dept. of the grocery store - easy!

The potstickers from last year are really good, and surprisingly easy. The recipe should be behind Consultant's Corner if you need it.

How about Apple Berry Salsa and cinnamon tortilla chips? Yes, it's an APCS recipe, but all you really need to do is chop an apple really small. :)

lisacb77 said:

The potstickers are great and easy to do. They demo as many tools as you can think of. I think I showed more then what they call for in the cookbook. They are in the S/S 2006 Season Best. I made them for my shows this month with the microwave cake. Anyway, they are easy the only thing I suggest is using cooked chicken instead of canned chicken. Of course it could just be me too. I don't like the taste of canned chicken. Have you thought about taking a cake mix and mixing it with a coke. I saw it on here that you can take a coke and mix it with a cake mix and don't need the eggs or anything...just another idea.

Thanks all...I emailed the host the potstickers and we'll see what she thinks!

As for the soda cake...I made one with Coke Zero last week and it was horrible! Maybe because I didn't use DIET Coke? Or I should have left the lid off the rice cooker like you do for the hazelnut cake? It was dry on the outside and runny in the middle.

1. Can I still make desserts without using eggs, dairy, or chocolate?

Yes, there are plenty of options for delicious desserts without using these ingredients. Some ideas include fruit cobblers, sorbet, vegan cheesecake, and coconut milk-based ice cream.

2. What can I substitute for eggs in baking recipes?

There are a few options for replacing eggs in baking recipes. You can use flax eggs (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water), mashed bananas, applesauce, or a commercial egg replacer.

3. How can I make dairy-free versions of my favorite dishes?

There are many dairy-free alternatives available now, such as almond milk, coconut milk, and soy-based products. You can also use cashew cream or tofu as substitutes for dairy in recipes. Experiment with different options to find what works best for you.

4. Are there any allergy-friendly options for chocolate desserts?

Yes, there are plenty of allergy-friendly chocolate options available, such as carob, cacao nibs, and dairy-free chocolate chips. You can also make your own chocolate sauce using cocoa powder, coconut oil, and a sweetener like maple syrup or agave.

5. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products for these recipes?

Absolutely! Many Pampered Chef products are versatile and can be used for a variety of recipes, including those without eggs, dairy, or chocolate. Our stoneware, non-stick cookware, and kitchen tools are all great options for allergy-friendly cooking and baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KateInTheKitchen
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
Replies