• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Speedy Quick - Gravy Separator!!

In summary, the conversation was about a person struggling to use a gravy separator to make gravy. They were unsure of how to use it and were looking for help. The purpose of the divider in the separator is to separate the fat from the juices, and the fat can be removed by skimming it off the top with a spoon. The separated juices can then be used to make gravy.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Okay I must be retarded. I've poured all the turkey drippings into the gravy separator and now what?

I can't find the use and care card and for whatever reason it's NOT on CC under the PIG section.

I'm sitting here (both my DH and I) and I KNOW it's simple! But as I pour it's all coming out together! What the heck is the purpose of the divider? I see the grease on the top but HOW do I get it off?

The turkey's being carved and STILL no gravy! Spent way too much time looking online for the instructions!

Help anyone!

The gravy separator is designed to separate the fat from the juices. Once you have poured the drippings into the separator, the fat should rise to the top and the juice should settle at the bottom. To get the fat off the top, you can use a spoon to skim it off the surface. The juice at the bottom can then be poured out and used as your gravy.

First of all, don't worry, you are not retarded! Gravy separators can be a bit tricky if you've never used one before. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to use it properly:1. Make sure your gravy separator is clean and dry before using it.2. Place the separator on a stable surface, like a cutting board or countertop.3. Pour the turkey drippings into the separator, making sure not to pour in any large pieces of fat or debris.4. Let the drippings sit for a few minutes to allow the fat to rise to the top. This is where the divider comes in - it will help keep the fat separated from the rest of the drippings.5. Slowly pour the drippings into a separate container, using the spout on the bottom of the separator. As you pour, the divider will keep the fat from pouring out.6. Once you have poured out all the drippings, you can remove the divider and discard the fat.7. Your drippings are now ready to be used for making gravy!If you don't have a divider on your gravy separator, you can use a spoon to skim off the fat from the top of the drippings. Just make sure to do it carefully so you don't accidentally remove any of the drippings.Hopefully this helps and you can enjoy your delicious gravy with your turkey! Happy cooking!

What is a gravy separator and how does it work?

A gravy separator is a kitchen tool used to separate fat from pan drippings and sauces. It has a spout at the bottom and a strainer at the top, allowing the liquid to be poured out from the bottom while trapping the fat on top. It works by using the principle of gravity, where the fat naturally rises to the top of the liquid.

How do I use a gravy separator?

To use a gravy separator, simply pour the liquid to be separated into the separator through the strainer at the top. Let it sit for a few minutes to allow the fat to rise to the top. Then, slowly pour the liquid out from the bottom spout, being careful not to pour out any of the fat. You can also use the strainer to catch any small bits of fat that may have made it through.

Can I use a gravy separator for hot liquids?

Yes, gravy separators are designed to be used with hot liquids. However, it is important to use caution and follow the instructions carefully to avoid any burns. Make sure to hold the separator securely and pour slowly to prevent any splashing or spills.

How do I clean a gravy separator?

Cleaning a gravy separator is simple and easy. After use, pour out any remaining liquid and fat. Then, wash the separator with warm soapy water and rinse thoroughly. You can also put it in the dishwasher if it is dishwasher safe. Make sure to dry it completely before storing.

What are the benefits of using a gravy separator?

Using a gravy separator has several benefits. It allows you to easily remove excess fat from pan drippings and sauces, making them healthier and less greasy. It also helps to prevent a greasy layer on top of your sauces and gravies. Additionally, it makes it easier to pour and serve your sauces without worrying about the fat separating and creating a mess.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsara
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • quiverfull7
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • PamperedK