• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Investigating Flaking Gen 2 Cookware

In summary, the flaking on Gen 2 cookware is caused by a build-up of cooking oils and residue which can lead to a breakdown of the non-stick coating. Although the non-stick coating is made from safe materials and is not harmful if ingested, it is not recommended to continue using flaking cookware as it can affect the quality of food and potentially be a health hazard. To prevent flaking, it is important to clean the cookware thoroughly after each use, avoid using metal utensils and abrasive cleaners, and store it properly. The warranty for Gen 2 cookware varies and customers can refer to the warranty information provided or contact customer service for more details.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I had a guest tonight say that she bought Gen 2 cookware about 6 years ago and it is flaking off now. I am new to selling PC and never bought any Gen 2. Did it have a lifetime warranty? If I have her name and a general idea of when she purchased it... and an outside shot at the Consultant's name... will HO be able to find her? I have not been on CC tonight since it's so late to check if it's listed under use and care etc. but I'll head there.

I check on the PIG in CC... no listings there since it's discontinued I guess. I'll call HO tomorrow I guess. Any help you all have will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
It had a two year warranty. Hers lasted 3 times that long! You should let her know what a great deal it was since it lasted 3 times as long! Now she can upgrade for a Lifetime.

I feel a January booking coming on!!!!!!!
Thanks for the info!

I have the Gen II set also. I love it. I have had it for 4 years. I like it just as well as the lifetime set, although it is not as heavy. But, when it wears out I will be getting the new improved set. All of our cookware is great not matter which one it is.

It was one of those moments when she started talking that you think.. oh no... she is going to say she hates it etc... but thankfully... she only said... I have LOVED it and maybe it's just time for some new PC Cookware! Internally I was praising God and outwardly breathing a sigh disguised by a huge grin! :)

1. What is causing the flaking on my Gen 2 cookware?

The flaking on your Gen 2 cookware is most likely caused by a build-up of cooking oils and residue. This build-up can lead to a breakdown of the non-stick coating and result in flaking.

2. Is the flaking coating harmful if ingested?

No, the non-stick coating used on our Gen 2 cookware is made from safe materials and is not harmful if ingested. However, we recommend avoiding cooking with flaking cookware and replacing it with a new one.

3. Can I continue using my flaking Gen 2 cookware?

We do not recommend using flaking cookware as it can affect the quality of your food and potentially be a health hazard. It is best to replace the cookware with a new one.

4. How can I prevent my Gen 2 cookware from flaking?

To prevent flaking on your Gen 2 cookware, make sure to clean it thoroughly after each use. Avoid using metal utensils, abrasive cleaners, and high heat while cooking. Also, avoid stacking heavy items on top of the cookware when storing it.

5. What is the warranty for Gen 2 cookware?

The warranty for Gen 2 cookware varies depending on the specific product. Please refer to the warranty information provided with your purchase or contact our customer service for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momoftwins
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • LBurke
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
LBurke
  • flemings99