• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need help planning a couples and family get-together with a Cake business owner?

In summary, Deb booked a cooking show with her biggest customer for September. He is going to have a family get-together and she is trying to get her ducks in a row. She has Ideas for a couples party or a cook out style show with the basket, BBQ baster, Chopper (for onions) stuff for a salad, and things like that set up outside. She is also working with the hostess on the food but plans on doing lemonade or sweet tea with her quick-stir pitcher (and she boils her tea in the micro cooker in the microwave before hand).
pchef_Christy
:confused:I need help!! I just booked a show with one of my biggest customers. He runs a Cake business. Yes I said He!! He has always just placed a BIG order but he saw my specials flyer, and he wants to get the cookware in September for 60% off. So I booked him a cooking show in September. He is going to have a family get-together, and have couples there. I don't know how many yet because I just booked it. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row.....any ideas???

One of my favorite couples get together's was a cake decorating couples party! The husbands really got into it and with your host running a cake business he might be willing to help with the decorating part (I sold a ton of deco bottles!). Just an idea.

I am doing the "grilling" party with the basket, BBQ baster, Chopper (for onions) stuff for a salad and things like that set up outside. So it will be a cook out style show.

Last edited:
I have done couple parties and my hubby comes with me and it is great we do bbq or even a stir fry it works wonderful.

Just a thought but it might be neat to do two of the same recipe. Have the cook of each couple in one group and the other member in another. Give the cooks the Pampered Chef products and let the other group make due with non PC products(either bring them or arrange with the host to have certain items like knives and things there).
This allows the ones that are use to doing the cooking to see how much easier it is and this will allow the other group to see how badlly they need the tools. You can let the "loser" group have the PC products to finish each step of the recipe cause you know it will take them longer!
Just set it up as a race. Maybe take some extra ingrediengts (or potatoes) so that everyone gets to try the products and see how great they are...after the food has been prepared!
This way everyone is involved and you really won't have to do a lot of demo. Men, especially, are competitive! I think they would enjoy it!

Here's an idea sheet that you might find some pearls in.
Hope it helps.
Deb:)

Attachments

• Ideas for Couples Shows, games.doc
    29 KB · Views: 780
PamperedCaniac said:
I am doing the "grilling" party with the basket, BBQ baster, Chopper (for onions) stuff for a salad and things like that set up outside. So it will be a cook out style show.

I like this idea!! Would you serve a couple of dishes??

pchef_Christy said:
I like this idea!! Would you serve a couple of dishes??

Yes, I am working with the hostess now on the food but I plan on doing lemonade or sweet tea with my quick-stir pitcher (and I boil my tea in the micro cooker in the microwave before hand)

Not sure of the main food item but then do veggies in the basket. She is not from NC but a lot of her guest are so we have to do a little Northern and a little NC in the show. LOL

We will have a Fruit Dish or either a salad also. I am going to call her tonight and hopefully she will have the menu "wants" for me!

I have fond that if the other half (the one that doesn't do the cooking) comes and plays with product, you will get more sales. Because they will say things like "Honey you need this." It's funny how it works. I also would do 2 food things one sweet and one savory. I just did a open house where it was just family and couples. I did the new mini cheese burgers and the summer berry shortcakes and it was great.

That is good too Charli!! Thanks for all the info. I'll let you know how it goes!

Related to Need help planning a couples and family get-together with a Cake business owner?

1. What types of events can be considered a Couples/Family Get-Together?

A Couples/Family Get-Together can include a variety of events such as dinner parties, barbecues, game nights, holiday gatherings, and more. It's a chance for couples and families to come together and enjoy each other's company.

2. How can Pampered Chef help with planning a Couples/Family Get-Together?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of tools and resources to help make your Couples/Family Get-Together a success. From recipe ideas and meal planning tips to kitchen tools and cooking demonstrations, we can help make your event stress-free and enjoyable for everyone.

3. What are some popular recipes for a Couples/Family Get-Together?

Some popular recipes for a Couples/Family Get-Together include crowd-pleasing dishes like slow cooker pulled pork, grilled chicken skewers, homemade guacamole, and fruit salad. We also have a variety of dessert recipes that are perfect for sharing with loved ones.

4. Can Pampered Chef provide cooking demonstrations for our Couples/Family Get-Together?

Yes, Pampered Chef consultants can provide cooking demonstrations for your Couples/Family Get-Together. Our consultants are trained and knowledgeable in using our kitchen tools and can showcase recipes that are perfect for your event.

5. How can I host a successful Couples/Family Get-Together with Pampered Chef?

To host a successful Couples/Family Get-Together with Pampered Chef, start by planning your guest list and menu. Next, consider incorporating some interactive cooking activities, like a dessert bar or grilling station. Lastly, don't forget to have fun and enjoy spending time with your loved ones!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Chef_TK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
OhmyDLM
  • NooraK