• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help on Deciding What to Do

In summary, the woman never called back after agreeing to have a show with the person. The person is considering whether to go or not and is worried about what to do if the woman does not show up.
Jennie4PC
I know this has been through the wringer here many times but I totally need help making a decision. I did a fair about 1 month ago and this lady came up to me and said she wanted to book a show. We set the date for today and I have called her several times, she answered once and said I will call you right back, never did. So yesterday I call her and said on the machine that I needed to know how many people were coming and if she needed to cancel to let me know since I needed to arrange a babysitter. Still no call so last night I called her no answer then about 10 mins later I call her on my cell phone she answered and said I promise I will call you right back. Still no call back. My DH thinks I should not go but I hate to not go and have people there since I did tell her that I would be there at 6:45 for her show. What would you do?

How far away from you is she? If she's 30 minutes or less, I'd go. Farther than that, and it's trickier. I'd call her every hour today until you reach her and actually speak to her. If she pulls the same "I'll call you back" routine, call her back in 5 minutes. (She's probably on another call, you beep though on call waiting, and then she forgets to call you back when her first call is done.)

I would leave 1 more message saying that you will be there at 6:45 and have enough catalogs for 15 people - if its more please call back - if not I will just see you then!!

Is she supplying the ingreds. or you?

I think you might get a response if you call and say you are not coming. If she does have people attending, she will call you back to make sure you show up. She will look like a fool if you don't show up and she has people there

The lady doesn't live to far away from me, but the biggest pain is having to take my kids to DH work drop them and switch cars. She is supposed to supply the ingrediants but I think I will take a potato for the demo. I definitly plan on trying her again today.

So take the kids. If she asks about them, tell her that she never called you back so you didn't have an opportunity to arrange child care.

That is a good idea to show up with my kids. Maybe I will do that.

this is a tricky one. I had kinda the same thing happen to me a few years ago. The lady skipped town and went to the beach, leaving me to believe we were still doing her show. Luckly, i had a friend in common with her. My friend gave me her husbands work number in which I finally got in touch with someone. He told me she was a compulsive lyer and told me she never planned on having a party in the first place. She had led me on beliving that we were having this party at her church for 30+ people. Imagine the devistaion when I found this out. I was still fairly new to pc and almost called it quits right then and there. So, basically, she stole my books and invites and everything else I had. Anyways, I hope yours isn't the same case, but it really sounds familiar. Let us know how it goes.

Wow. Imagine your own husband calling you a compulsive liar?

Y'all are much more optomist than I am. If I don't talk to someone (or email) about two weeks out from the show, then I assume that it's off. I'll still call to confirm but would rebook that date in a heartbeat. If I don't know them, I don't believe 'em.

Well I have to say I eneded up not doing the show. I was still unsure of what to do so I called my director and she suggested showing up at her house and asking her if the show was still on. So I went to go find her house and I couldnt find it I have a very good idea where it was. So I called the host and said I needed directions to her house and if I didnt hear from her then I assumed the show was cancelled. Well I never heard from her. So instead of the show I made 20 phone calls got 1 booking talked to a recruit lead and left several messages for the rest.

Jennie4PC said:
Well I have to say I ended up not doing the show. I was still unsure of what to do so I called my director and she suggested showing up at her house and asking her if the show was still on. So I went to go find her house and I couldn't find it I have a very good idea where it was. So I called the host and said I needed directions to her house and if I didn't hear from her then I assumed the show was canceled. Well I never heard from her. So instead of the show I made 20 phone calls got 1 booking talked to a recruit lead and left several messages for the rest.

20 phone calls!? Good for you! At least you still had productive time! :)

Preparing for a show is time consuming. Personally I would have stopped calling when she told me the second time that she would call me back and never did. People can be so rude and inconsiderate. All they have to do is say "I've changed my mind and decided I didn't want to do a show". Instead of leading us on thinking we have a show and then get no response. This is an extremely rude woman and I would have ditched her a long time ago. A phone call takes less than 2 min and she could have done that and saved you a lot of headache and wondering.

Related to Need Help on Deciding What to Do

1. What is the best way to decide on what to cook for a dinner party?

The best way to decide on what to cook for a dinner party is to consider the dietary restrictions and preferences of your guests. You can also browse through recipes on our website or consult our seasonal catalog for inspiration.

2. How can I make sure I have enough food for everyone?

To ensure you have enough food for everyone, we recommend using our portion planning guide found in our catalog or on our website. This will help you determine how much food to prepare based on the number of guests.

3. What are some quick and easy recipes for beginners?

We have a wide variety of quick and easy recipes for beginners on our website. You can also check out our "Simple Solutions" section in our catalog for easy and delicious meal ideas.

4. Can you provide tips for staying organized while cooking?

A great tip for staying organized while cooking is to prep your ingredients ahead of time and have them ready to go. You can also use our kitchen tools and gadgets to help streamline your cooking process.

5. How can I make sure my food is cooked to perfection?

To ensure your food is cooked to perfection, we recommend using our digital meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of your dishes. You can also refer to our cooking charts in our catalog or on our website for recommended cooking times for different types of food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ms_twana
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • lkhartmann