• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help for My Mexican Themed Show!

In summary, the recipe for the Tres Leches Cake calls for a white cake mix, eggs, water, evaporated milk, sour cream, condensed milk, and vanilla. The directions tell you to slice the crown off of the cake, and then to spread half of the whipped topping over the cake and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. Finally, you pipe a decorative border over the top of the cake. The recipe also calls for toasted almonds, and if desired, to create a strawberry fan using the Egg Slicer Plus. The recipe yields 16 servings, or 24 sample servings.
princsnell
I was wondering if anyone could help me think of an easy dessert to do with the Mole chicken pizza. We are going to have homemade salsa and guacamole also, but I just wanted to have something else that uses more prodcuts and so there could be something on the sweeter side. This is my 3rd show, 1st themed show and I want it to be good! Thanks for your help! :confused:

There's a recipe for a margarita pie floating around here somewhere...lemme see if I can find it. :)

Found it!Margarita PieCrust:
1 ¼ c finely crushed pretzels
1/2 c butter or margarine, melted
1/4 c sugarFilling:
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 t grated lime peel
1/4 c lime juice (approx 2 limes)
1/4 c orange juice
1 container (8oz) frozen whipped topping, thawedFor crust combine all ingredients in medium bowl; press onto bottom and up side of Deep Dish Pie Plate. For filling, combine milk, lime peel and juices in medium bowl; fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.I'm going to try using the last 1/4 of filling in the EAD to try to demonstrate another tool and dress it up a bit. I'll let you know how it goes.

How About...Tres Leches cake....from last season's SB. It's yummy!

If you're going to do the margarita pie, stress that the cool whip CANNOT be "lite" or "no-fat"...otherwise it WON'T SET...no matter how long you give it...even if you freeze it...lol...trust me, I tried! (good thing for those margaritas....hehehe)

Sandy

go to the pc website and look in the spanish season's best cookbook there is a recipe for caramel enchiladas and a few others. They come up in english so you can still make the recipes. I hope this helps.

Tres Leches CakeCan someone please post the recipe for Tres Leches Cake. I am having a Mexican Themed party next month and this would make a great dessert.

I have been unable to find it in my Season's Bests and on the PC website.
Being Canadian I can't access some of the info from the U.S. site.

Thank you in advance.

Tres Leches Cake RecipeTres Leches Cake
----------------

Ingredients:
1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix

3 eggs

1 1/4 cups water

1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk

1 container (8 ounces) sour cream

1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided

1/4 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon

1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, coarsely chopped

1 strawberry for garnish (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray Deep Dish Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Combine cake mix, eggs and water; whisk using Stainless Steel Whisk until well blended. Spoon batter into baker. Bake 35-40 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove baker from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

2. Using Serrated Bread Knife, gently slice crown from top of cake to expose interior of cake. (Discard trimmings.)

3. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine evaporated milk, sour cream, condensed milk and vanilla; whisk until well blended using Stainless Steel Whisk. Slowly pour milk mixture evenly over cake; let stand 5 minutes or until mixture is completely absorbed into cake.

4. Spread half of the whipped topping over cake using Large Spreader; sprinkle lightly with cinnamon using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(R) Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Pipe a decorative border over top of cake. Coarsely chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over border. If desired, create strawberry fan using Egg Slicer Plus(R); garnish cake. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: To create a strawberry fan using the Egg Slicer Plus, open the slicer and place the strawberry stem end down; slice most of the way through strawberry with the wires. Remove the strawberry from the wires and gently fan out the slices.

To toast almonds in the microwave oven, place almonds in Small Oval Baker; microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 30-second interval. Cool completely.

If you doing the Mole..its on the sweet side anyways so you might not want to do an extra sweetness. My husband and I do Ole parties all the time, with him being Spanish it makes it fun and he does all the cooking for the parties. With what your serving along with the Mole they will complement each other just fine. Are you planning on making homemade chips to go with the salsa?

Dawn

I am doing homemade chips and salsa. I haven't tired the mole pizza yet. Is it like a BBQ pizza?

I tried the Chicken Mole Pizza and my Hispanic Guests did not like it, nor did I. I guess you have to have learn to like the taste of mole or something. I won't use it again.

I personally didn't care for the mole pizza either, but for a dessert with an Ole flare, I would suggest to do the Strawberry Margarita Microwave Cake! It is absolutely awesome! Let me know if you need the ingredients.

Last edited:
Please E-mail me the recipe for the Microwave Strawberry Margarita cake. I am having a Mexican Theme show this coming Friday. Thanks. My E-mail address is [email protected]

Mole pizzaI was going to make this for my party this week because the host wanted a Mexican theme. After reading the comments about the yucky sauce, I think I will create my own Mexican pizza.

Any comments about the sauce to use would be appreciated.

I am making the Taco Touchdown dip, too.

Thanks

My guests actually did like the Mole pizza. I thought it was pretty good myself also. I think it is just a little different, but it did taste like a BBQ chicken pizza to me.
I have made the mexican chocolate cream pie at my last 2 mexican shows and it has turned out well, people really like it and it is light.
The touchdown taco dip is always a big hit!

1. What type of recipes can I make for a Mexican themed show?

There are many delicious recipes you can make for a Mexican themed show, such as tacos, enchiladas, fajitas, quesadillas, and more. You can also include sides like guacamole, salsa, and rice and beans. Don't forget about desserts like churros or tres leches cake!

2. Do you have any recommendations for Mexican themed kitchen tools?

Yes, we have several kitchen tools that are perfect for making Mexican dishes. Our Food Chopper is great for quickly dicing onions, tomatoes, and other vegetables for salsa. Our Tortilla Shell Baker can help you make crispy taco shells at home. And our Avocado Peeler and Slicer makes it easy to prepare avocados for guacamole.

3. Can you suggest any Pampered Chef products for serving and displaying Mexican dishes?

Absolutely! Our Bamboo Serving Set is perfect for serving tacos, fajitas, and other Mexican dishes. Our Mini Serving Spoons are great for scooping and serving salsa and other dips. And our Rectangular Baker is a beautiful way to display and serve enchiladas or casseroles.

4. I want to make a Mexican-themed drink for my show. Any recommendations?

We have a variety of drink recipes that would be perfect for a Mexican themed show. Our Sangria recipe is always a crowd-pleaser, and our Margarita Pitcher is perfect for serving up a big batch of margaritas. You can also make refreshing agua frescas using our Citrus Press.

5. Can you provide any tips for decorating my Mexican themed show?

Of course! You can create a festive atmosphere by using colorful tablecloths, plates, and napkins. You can also incorporate traditional Mexican decorations like papel picado banners or piñatas. Don't forget to add some fresh flowers and cacti for a touch of authenticity. And for a fun activity, you can have guests make their own paper flowers using our Flower Pot Set.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• julsradford
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TheChaoticCook
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mpkegley
Replies