• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Booking Spring/Summer Shows? Let Me Guide You!

In summary, Carolyn met her friend Susie back in 1984 and Susie expressed an interest in booking a show with Carolyn's PC. Carolyn asks Susie what their favorite thing to make is, and Susie responds with "I don't know, I've been too busy working." Carolyn then asks if Susie would like a catalog, and Susie says she would. Carolyn asks Susie if she is interested in a show in June, and Susie says she would be.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I have 2 hours to make CCCs and I am finally feeling brave enough to p/u the phone and call all thsoe people who checked off "maybe" or asked me to call them for a Spring/summer show.

But I am FROZEN and drawing a blankas to words to use.

I know there are scripts all over I can dig up but I am too lazy to dig 'em up right now.

Can you share some words I can use to snag some bookings?
Hi - this is Carolyn with PC. We met at ___show back in 1984 and you expressed interest in booking a show...????????????

The way I do the calls is this: "Hi, Susie, this is Anne, I met you at Carolyn's PC show. I was the consultant." Its a bit of a mental thing, where if you mention their friend first, it helps break down barriers, take them off guard. I ask the typical CC questions and then what I have been doing most recently that has actually worked was saying this: (GULP!) "I was just calling to see if you are ready to date your show?" If they say no, I also say, "Well, that's ok, I know how things can be... Would you like a new catalog?" And of course, I'll ask for referrals, if they know anyone who likes to throw parties. And, I have gotten a few of them too.

AJPratt said:
then what I have been doing most recently that has actually worked was saying this: (GULP!) "I was just calling to see if you are ready to date your show?" QUOTE]

OMG I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

What about for answering machines?

OK - I am DOING IT

I have made 11 calls.
9 messages left.
Got 2 humans...one said call me back after 1 and we'll set a date
the other said "you'll never believe this - I was just looking at your business card and thinking this might be a good time of year to host another show! Call me back in an hour and we'll set a date because there is a lightning storm here righ tnow and I am scared to be on the phone...oh, and btw, I got laid off in April."
!!!!!!!!!!
GET ON TH EPHONES LADIES!!!!!!

I got on the phone last night and booked a July show. :)

Go Deb! I am hoping these bookings come through and stick!

dannyzmom said:
I have 2 hours to make CCCs and I am finally feeling brave enough to p/u the phone and call all thsoe people who checked off "maybe" or asked me to call them for a Spring/summer show.

But I am FROZEN and drawing a blankas to words to use.

I know there are scripts all over I can dig up but I am too lazy to dig 'em up right now.

Can you share some words I can use to snag some bookings?
Hi - this is Carolyn with PC. We met at ___show back in 1984 and you expressed interest in booking a show...????????????

OMG! Too funny! Are you saying your a little behind on making those calls!:p
Great job on getting the leads!

dannyzmom said:
OK - I am DOING IT

I have made 11 calls.
9 messages left.
Got 2 humans...one said call me back after 1 and we'll set a date
the other said "you'll never believe this - I was just looking at your business card and thinking this might be a good time of year to host another show! Call me back in an hour and we'll set a date because there is a lightning storm here righ tnow and I am scared to be on the phone...oh, and btw, I got laid off in April."!!!!!!!!!!
GET ON TH EPHONES LADIES!!!!!!

RECRUIT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I recently listened to a recorded call by Nancy Jo Ryan and loved her insight on what to say when asking for bookings (she does this at shows but I have started using it for phone calls to). I start off by reminding them who I am and how we met. I ask how they are liking their products (if I met them at a show) what their favorite thing to make is, etc.... Then I ask "if you could pick something out for Free or 1/2 price of our catalog, what would it be? Let them answer. Then say..."How would you feel if I could get all or most of it for you for free? Let them think. then ask "Would you be interested in having me in your home? Think about that because my average host receives x many $$$ in free product. Let them respond then say: I have these 3 (or 2) dates available in June, which would work best for you? That is the basic idea. I have booked a show every time I make calls since I started using this! It also works great for your booking talk during your show, but at the show you let guests share what they would like to get for free. It really does get them thinking!

Wow!This is great! I cannot wait to use this on my next evening of calls. Thank you!

Robin

Skye said:
I recently listened to a recorded call by Nancy Jo Ryan and loved her insight on what to say when asking for bookings (she does this at shows but I have started using it for phone calls to). I start off by reminding them who I am and how we met. I ask how they are liking their products (if I met them at a show) what their favorite thing to make is, etc.... Then I ask "if you could pick something out for Free or 1/2 price of our catalog, what would it be? Let them answer. Then say..."How would you feel if I could get all or most of it for you for free? Let them think. then ask "Would you be interested in having me in your home? Think about that because my average host receives x many $$$ in free product. Let them respond then say: I have these 3 (or 2) dates available in June, which would work best for you? That is the basic idea. I have booked a show every time I make calls since I started using this! It also works great for your booking talk during your show, but at the show you let guests share what they would like to get for free. It really does get them thinking!

Skye said:

I really like this for shows. Did Nancy Jo mention whether she does this during the show, or when taking orders?

pamperedgirl3 said:
I really like this for shows. Did Nancy Jo mention whether she does this during the show, or when taking orders?
She does it at the end of her show when she is wrapping up.
I just looked at my notes from the call and found more to use at your show. after she tells them what the average host receives she asks everyone to turn to the back of the catalog. She tells them "We don't boast nearly enough about our fabulous host program. Our host truly never pay full price. i am going to work really hard for you to get as much free and 1/2 price products as possible. Then she passes around a clipboard and say's: I have these dates available, if you book with me tonight, the host will benefit AND I will give you an extra gift at your show (usually a cookbook)
I really liked what she said about us not boasting about the Host PRogram enough. i found that I was mostly focused on the Host Special to try and get bookings, but she said that we should be booking because of great Host plan NOT the special. Since I started focusing on the whole picture, not just the monthly special I seem to be doing better with bookings!

She gives a free (full sized) cookbook to each host when they book on the spot and hold their date. That's what her "extra gift" is.

Skye said:
.....That is the basic idea. I have booked a show every time I make calls since I started using this! It also works great for your booking talk during your show, but at the show you let guests share what they would like to get for free. It really does get them thinking!
I love it! I finally have some time to make some calls over the next couple days and I"m going to try it!!! I love the words. My problem will be asking what they'd like to get for free or 1/2 price and then BE QUIET. This question sounds weird and I guess I'll feel like they'll think I'm JUST calling to get a booking (even though I'm follow up with them about how they like their products). That will be the hardest and most uncomfortable part for me, but I'm hoping it'll get easier the more I do it!!

I'll have to report back after I do my first chunk of calls tomorrow.

Skye, that is SO cool that you've gotten bookings every time you do this kind of call! That's amazing. And are those people "maybes" from drawing slips or just "regular old" customers?:eek: Thanks for the tips!! Is this phone call of Nancy Jo's anywhere that anyone else can download and listen to????

pamperedbecky said:
And are those people "maybes" from drawing slips or just "regular old" customers?:eek: Thanks for the tips!! Is this phone call of Nancy Jo's anywhere that anyone else can download and listen to????

I used it on a regular customer and got a booking from her. I met her at an Open House and she just wanted to order 2 things. After I heard the call I decided to try it and she was my first attempt. I really did not think she would, I just wanted the practice, but she booked for the 5th of July!!!

I will look up the number for the call. It is one that you have to call the number and put in the code (it will be long distance) I will find it and post it!

I hope I am allowed to post this here. I don't know why it would be a problem?
The Playback number is (641) 985-5023 Code 673717#
Hope you enjoy it!

Awesome, thanks! I know some calls only stay up for a certain amount of time, so it may be gone by now, who knows. If I weren't so dang tired, I'd go listen to it now. I'll have to try tomorrow. Thanks again, Skye! Keep up the great work....I hope you keep having good luck with this.:) That gives me hope that it's just a "regular" customer you've had luck with this with.

One tip I learned from one of the training tapes is when you call someone who said, "Call me in the fall." Of course do your intro first of how you met at "host" show, fair, etc. Then say, "You asked me to call you in the fall to have your own show." "Your are going to be so glad you picked September!" "We are having the best special!" Then explain the monthly special. "I wanted to call and give you the first chance to pick a date before my month starts booking up. What day of the week usually works best for you.

DON'T ask a question they can say NO to! I never ask are you ready to book your show anymore. I got too many no's. The last few times I have used this wording I have gotten a date on the calendar.

Just made a chunk of calls (despite my $@**! migraine!) and only have gotten TWO people live out of about 7 calls. One is considering the consultant oppty after she moves (woo hoo!) and the other booked a show for July! I used the words from Nancy Jo's call and it worked! Granted, she had expressed interest in hosting before, but I think that helped get her there! Yay! I'm going to keep rolling. I have 40 more minutes until my mom comes back from the park with the kids....

Go Becky!
Keep calling!

Thank you!!! That felt GOOD! It's been way too long since I've spent a chunk of time making calls. I should have kept better track of all I called... after about I think 25 calls (most of which were voice mails), I booked a July show, checked back in with the recruit lead who's moving and will call me once she's settled, got several people interested in fall shows and they said to call back and one more who's getting my catalog in the mail and will think about a summer show. Not bad! It felt good just to get back into the groove. Now I want to listen to that Nancy Jo call before I do my next round tomorrow.

Thanks for the support:D

Well, I got busy making my calls tonight and FINALLY got ahold of someone that had told me in March that she wanted an April show but wouldn't book that day and never called me back when I called her twice in April. Well, she said that she thought she had called me back and she wanted a show in April so she kept calling until she found someone who would do the show.

:eek: I can not believe that! I never got a message or caller id that she had called me and she never responded to my attempts to contact her! What more could I have done??

I don't believe in bugging people to death but I guess in this case I should have. lol

BethCooks4U said:
Well, I got busy making my calls tonight and FINALLY got ahold of someone that had told me in March that she wanted an April show but wouldn't book that day and never called me back when I called her twice in April. Well, she said that she thought she had called me back and she wanted a show in April so she kept calling until she found someone who would do the show.

:eek: I can not believe that! I never got a message or caller id that she had called me and she never responded to my attempts to contact her! What more could I have done??

I don't believe in bugging people to death but I guess in this case I should have. lol
That's a huge bummer!! That's crazy. Maybe she was just feeding you a line of ________. Sorry to hear that happened!

Well I can't wait to use these scripts! I have never printed out so much material for phone calls. I don't like the ccc form in the book because it isn't my style and to me not getting to the point. Maybe HO should look here to reword the ccc script.

Thanks!

There are a lot of things that HO should look at CS for!

pampchefrhondab said:
One tip I learned from one of the training tapes is when you call someone who said, "Call me in the fall." Of course do your intro first of how you met at "host" show, fair, etc. Then say, "You asked me to call you in the fall to have your own show." "Your are going to be so glad you picked September!" "We are having the best special!" Then explain the monthly special. "I wanted to call and give you the first chance to pick a date before my month starts booking up. What day of the week usually works best for you.

DON'T ask a question they can say NO to! I never ask are you ready to book your show anymore. I got too many no's. The last few times I have used this wording I have gotten a date on the calendar.

This is good too! I will have to combine the two somehow!
Thanks!:)

I was going to try passing around a clip board with my open dates on it, but then I got to thinking...if you pass it around and the first person doesn't pick a date, the second person might not, and then the third might not, etc...I know we want to book hosts who WANT to book, but you never know what they might think if they see that their friends aren't going to have a show...does that make any sense or am I being silly?

What an inspiring call! I loved it! I encourage you all to call! I have only seen Nancy Jo at NC last year but never met her. I will have to thank her next time I get!

Thanks Skye for sharing!

Hi Ladies!

If you have listened to this call (which I highly recommend) Here is the tracking sheet for the 3-2-1 Success.

I just realized this never loaded. Email me and I will send it to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Winnipegk said:
I was going to try passing around a clip board with my open dates on it, but then I got to thinking...if you pass it around and the first person doesn't pick a date, the second person might not, and then the third might not, etc...I know we want to book hosts who WANT to book, but you never know what they might think if they see that their friends aren't going to have a show...does that make any sense or am I being silly?

Karen Phelps covered that in her booking the summer tele-class in May/April (can't remember). She said when you give the hostess her hostess gift tell her "Thank you for choosing a date on my open date card; here is your special gift just for that!" Even if the hostess has no idea what special date card you're talking about (since she booked on the phone or at a craft fair or wherever) she WILL NOT give the gift back or refuse it. Then when you pass around your "open date card" people will instantly remember the special gift!

Related to Need Help Booking Spring/Summer Shows? Let Me Guide You!

1. How do I approach potential hosts for spring/summer shows?

One approach is to mention your previous meeting with them at a past show and remind them of their previous interest in hosting a show. You can also mention any special incentives or promotions for booking a spring/summer show.

2. What if I am nervous about making phone calls?

It's normal to feel nervous, but remember that you are offering a valuable service and people are often happy to hear from you. Take a deep breath and focus on the benefits of booking a show with you.

3. What should I say when I make the call?

Introduce yourself and mention your connection from a previous show or event. Then explain the purpose of your call and the benefits of hosting a show, such as free products, discounts, and a fun gathering with friends.

4. How can I make the conversation flow smoothly?

Prepare a script or outline beforehand to help guide the conversation. You can also ask open-ended questions to engage the potential host and tailor your pitch to their specific needs and interests.

5. What if they say no or are not interested?

Don't be discouraged. Simply thank them for their time and ask if they would be interested in receiving updates on future promotions or events. You can also ask if they know anyone who might be interested in hosting a show. Remember, every "no" brings you one step closer to a "yes."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
  • PC Angel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PC Angel
  • princessmeshelle