• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Harvest Chicken Salad Recipe...

In summary, the Pampered Chef ® Harvest Chicken Salad recipe from the 2006 SBRC is still available on Consultant's Corner. It consists of diced roasted chicken, diced celery, diced apples, diced red onion, sweetened dried cranberries, and toasted pecan halves, with orange segments and Whole-Grain Croutons, if desired.
monica.dixon
I am ISO the Harvest Chicken Salad Recipe if anyone has it handy.....

That's from the F/W 2006 SBRC, so it's still up on Consultant's Corner. But here it is, just in case you can't get to it there.

The Pampered Chef ®
Harvest Chicken Salad
Recipe

Dressing

2 oranges
1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon each salt and ground black pepper
1 small garlic clove, pressed

Salad

1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
2 cups diced roasted chicken
1 cup diced celery
2 medium Red Delicious apples
1/2 cup chopped red onion
3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1/2 cup toasted pecan halves (optional)
Orange segments and Whole-Grain Croutons (optional)

For dressing, zest one orange using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 2 teaspoons zest. Juice oranges to measure 1/2 cup juice. Combine orange zest, mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth using Stainless Whisk. While continuously whisking, add orange juice in a thin, steady stream; set dressing aside.

For salad, place spinach in bottom of large serving bowl. Dice chicken and celery using Utility Knife. Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds using Cook’s Corer®. Cut each apple half into four wedges; crinkle cut wedges into small pieces using Crinkle Cutter. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Layer chicken, celery, apples, onion, cranberries and pecans, if desired, over spinach. To serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Top with orange segments and Whole-Grain Croutons, if desired. Serve immediately.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Light (1 cup salad): Calories 100, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat .5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 170 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook's Tip: To toast pecans, spread over bottom of Small Oval Baker. Microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and lightly toasted, stirring after each 30-second interval.

A 2-pound rotisserie-cooked chicken can be used to prepare this recipe, if desired.

Preparing Orange Segments:
To cut orange into segments, cut a thin slice from the top and the bottom using Utility Knife; stand upright. Cutting from top to bottom, carefully trim away peel and white membrane.

Cut down one side of membrane. Angle knife under segment and lift out. Repeat with remaining segments.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

your fast THANKS!

I just happened to be online right when you posted.

Has anyone made this? How is it?

A cluster-mate used this as her go-to show recipe this past Fall. She said that it's really good, and the fruit adds an extra layer of flavor.

This recipe is AWESOME!!! Its one of my favorites. I want to try the Collosal Chopped Salad next!!

chefkristin said:
This recipe is AWESOME!!! Its one of my favorites. I want to try the Collosal Chopped Salad next!!

Colossal Chopped is my "Go To" recipe -- people just looooove it. It shows off a nice amount of proudct, is perfect for summer weeknight/evening parties because it's so filling and makes so much.

I usually make the asian dressing in the mix/measure/pour as well with the Asian seasoning also.

What does Go-To mean?

chefkristin said:

Kristin, you will love the Salad. I did it at a show this weekend. It is so pretty! and tastes great to!!

ChefJeniLobdell said:
What does Go-To mean?

I always use "go-to" as meaning what I am talking about is my stand by that I love and when all esle fails I can always depend on this....

Pretty much the same as Jennifer...
The Colossal Chopped Salad is one of the first recipes that I recommend to a new hostess, or if they are having trouble deciding, I tend to steer them towards it since it appeals on many levels and even the pickiest of eaters seem to be pleased with it :)

It's a simple recipe, shows a ton of product, feeds a lot, can be done nice and quickly, and dosent cost a lot.. all my favorite qualities.

This salad is really yummy. Colossal Chopped Salad is great and shows a lot of tools. Last summer I made the Mandarin (Chicken? Pasta?) Salad a lot too. Everyone LOVES that one.

What are the ingredients needed for the Harvest Chicken Salad recipe?

The ingredients for the Harvest Chicken Salad recipe include cooked chicken, apples, dried cranberries, pecans, celery, green onions, mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, salt, and pepper.

How do I make the Harvest Chicken Salad?

To make the Harvest Chicken Salad, start by shredding the cooked chicken and chopping the apples, celery, and green onions. In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, salt, and pepper. Then, combine the shredded chicken and chopped ingredients with the dressing and mix well. Lastly, fold in the dried cranberries and pecans. Serve chilled and enjoy!

Can I make any substitutions for the ingredients?

Yes, you can make substitutions for certain ingredients in the Harvest Chicken Salad recipe. For example, you can use walnuts instead of pecans, or Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. You can also omit the honey for a less sweet version.

How long will the Harvest Chicken Salad last in the fridge?

The Harvest Chicken Salad can last for 3-4 days in the fridge when stored in an airtight container. It is best to consume it within this time frame for optimal freshness.

Can I use leftover Thanksgiving turkey instead of chicken?

Yes, leftover Thanksgiving turkey can be used in place of chicken for the Harvest Chicken Salad recipe. Just make sure to shred the turkey and adjust the seasoning to your taste preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brandy223
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sabrina oden