• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Feedback for Fall Recipe Selections

In summary, Rebecca has created a variety of recipes for her hosts to choose from, with ingredients and cooking instructions included. Her hosts have the choice of hands-on, regular demo, or themed shows.
chefbilyeu
Hi everyone,
I am making all of my host packets for the Fall/Winter season ahead of time, and I'm including a list of recipes that my hosts can choose from. Some of these I've done tons of times, some are new. I also include a Theme Show flyer, with other recipe options, but not ingredients. I've attached both of these to this post. What do you think of my recipe choices that I've laid out with ingredients? I plan for hosts who want hands-on shows, regular demo shows, or who choose a theme show that isn't "recipe specific" (like Couples show, PMS show, etc.) to pick from these recipes.

These would be the only "non-themed" recipes I will do this fall, just FYI. Any tweaks, suggestions, or recommendations would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Host Recipe Selection--FallWinter.doc
    58 KB · Views: 744
  • Theme Show Ideas.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 912
Looks greatRebecca,
Both of those look great. I am so glad that I found a site with people that are more creative than I am. Thank you and everyone else for all the great post and sharing your knowledge.
Tammy

A thoughtBe sure to keep the emphasis on the tools, not on the recipe. On the positive side, this is a beautiful array of choices - what a wonderful, creative list! On the negative side, you give your host/hostess a lot of material to wade through. I tend on the wordy side myself, so I speak from experience. My director is working with me to keep it simple.

Good luck; you have great energy and enthusiasm.

The main reason I did this was because I have always been HORRIBLE with my hosts about choosing recipes. The conversation always went something like this:
"So what type of recipe would you like: appetizer, main dish, or dessert?"
Okay, so is there anything you're allergic to or absolutely despise eating?
Okay, would you like something (mexican, italian, american. etc) (chocolate, fruity, etc.), etc...
Well, how about (this or that) recipe? Or, did you have something more specific in mind?
-or-
Okay, well, let me look around my recipes and I'll get back to you..."

UGH! I was horrible! The worst was when the host would ask for something specific, and I'd have to search for it and make it before the show. As many times as my director told me to give her three choices, I JUST COULDN'T DO IT! lol...I'm kinda a pushover about that...

I did a trial run of this this Spring, and it went over well. The hosts were pleased to have the recipe choices in front of them, as well as the ingredient list. That way, they knew how much they would have to buy, and what they had on hand. I hated talking about recipes, then trying to give my host her list of ingredients. It just took too much time, I thought.

I still make between 50-75% of the recipe before the show, at the hosts house. My actual cooking demo is only about 20 min. The rest of the time I talk about cookware, stoneware, specials, recruiting, and my top ten list.

Thanks for the feedback so far!!! I appreciate it!

That's differentBoth my director and my upline exec.director do only one recipe a month! I love them both. My director did Chicken Taco Soup all last winter. My upline exec.director did SS Cool Ranch Pizza for the first 3 years she was a consultant, then the seasonal version in Stoneware Sensations for the next 5 years!! So - my experience is different than yours. One benefit to just doing single recipes, is it keeps folks coming to future shows for different recipes.

They use the line, "The recipe I am making this month is -----."

I'm exploring drink recipes - fresh lemonade featuring QSP and USG - 4 small or 3 large lemons sliced into QSP, 1 c sugar, 2 qts water - plunge just until sugar is dissolved, YUM! When empty, add another 1 c sugar to lemons and plunge about 30 times. Good stuff! Ohh- it doesn't last more than about 5 or maybe 6 hours. The next day, the rind or pith makes it very bitter and undrinkable. You can pour it into another pitcher with no lemon rind, and it keeps a few days like that. Never as good as when it is made fresh!

Raspberry lemonade by hand crushing 2 handfulls of raspberries and mixing them in with the lemonade. Strawberry lemonade by chopping 5 or 6 strawberries, mixing them in. Slice 2 more on ESP and float them in the drink.

I'm going to post recipes that sell products on the recipe thread.

I agreeSorry to say, I don't give choices... I have one type of each that I make for the month (appetizer, dessert or main). I cannot do the catering thing...more power to you though!!!

I do like the whole thing you got going though with the flyer...and the letter rocks!!! Thanks for the idea, b/c I find hosts do start preparing lots of food, which may deter others from wanting to host their own show!! Great work!!

Last edited:
Wow...one recipe per month. I guess I really am a pushover :)

Scott...great twist to the homemade lemonade, which I LOVE! I add a can of pineapple juice to the lemonade when doing a Hawaiian recipe or summer recipe...soooo yummy!

Thanks again!

I have heard about the one recipe approach, too...and would really like to try it out. Additionally, one of my directors purchases the ingredients for the host and charges them $15. Since she is only doing one recipe in a given month, she is able to buy in bulk and save $$, too (not to mention cut down the pre-show prep time by doing it at home!). All of this appeals to me...I just don't know how to put it into action!

If you haven't gotten the Food Prep Bowls yet, order them - do all of your prep, except 1 strawberry to slice - or 1 carrot to grate - or half a tomato to slice, etc. to show folks the "idea" of cutting, chopping, slicing, etc. without them having to sit through you doing it. It can chop your show time in half!

Now--if only I could practice what I preach :(

Not to mention that is showcases the prep bowls beautifully!

1. What are the options for fall recipe selections?

The fall recipe selections for Pampered Chef include a variety of soups, stews, casseroles, and baked goods featuring seasonal ingredients such as pumpkin, apples, and root vegetables.

2. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for fall recipes?

Yes, we offer several vegetarian and vegan options for fall recipes, such as a hearty lentil and vegetable soup, a vegan pumpkin pie, and a delicious roasted vegetable casserole.

3. Can I make substitutions for certain ingredients in the fall recipes?

Our fall recipes are designed to be versatile and adaptable, so you can certainly make substitutions for certain ingredients to fit your dietary restrictions or preferences. We also provide substitution suggestions in the recipe instructions.

4. Are the fall recipes easy to follow for beginner cooks?

Yes, our fall recipes are designed to be user-friendly and easy to follow, even for beginner cooks. Each recipe comes with step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure a successful and delicious result.

5. How do I provide feedback for the fall recipe selections?

You can provide feedback for the fall recipe selections by filling out our online survey or by leaving a review on the recipe page. We value your feedback and use it to improve our recipe selection for future seasons.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDode
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
  • TheFreddiesCook