• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need: Angel Almond Skillet Cake Recipe

In summary, the Pampered Chef ® Angel Almond Skillet Cake recipe calls for 1/4 cup (50 mL) of almonds to be grated into the skillet before the cake mix and water are mixed together. The cake is then baked for 30-35 minutes and served with 2 cups (500 mL) of sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup (125 mL) of blueberries, 1 lemon, 1/2 cup (125 mL) of strawberry dessert topping, and 3 cups (750 mL) of vanilla ice cream.
Princess_Buttercup
It should be in the Seasons Best Spring/Summer 2005 Cookbook
Has anyone tried it?

~Jenny

Here is the recipe, but no, I haven't tried it.

The Pampered Chef ®
Angel Almond Skillet Cake
Recipe

Cake

1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
1 cup (250 mL) sliced almonds, divided
1 pkg (430 g) angel food cake mix
1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water

Topping

2 cups (500 mL) sliced strawberries
1 lemon
1/2 cup (125 mL) blueberries
1 jar (213 mL) strawberry dessert topping
2 tbsp (30 mL) icing sugar
3 cups (750 mL) vanilla ice cream
Lemon twists for garnish (optional, see Cook's Tip)

For cake, preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Place butter in Prep Bowl; microwave on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until melted. Brush over bottom and sides of Family (12-inch/30 cm) Skillet using Pastry Brush. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate 1/4 cup/50 mL of the almonds into skillet; tilt skillet to coat bottom and sides with almonds. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cake mix and water until well blended; pour into skillet. Coarsely chop remaining almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over batter.

Bake 30-35 minutes or until cake is deep golden brown and top springs back when lightly touched with fingertip. Remove from oven; immediately loosen cake from sides of skillet. Using Nylon Turner, gently slide cake out of skillet onto Stackable Cooling Rack. (Do not invert cake out of skillet.)

Meanwhile, hull strawberries using Cook's Corer™; slice using Egg Slicer Plus®. Using Lemon Zester/Scorer, zest lemon to measure 1 tbsp/15 mL zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 1 tbsp/15 mL juice. In Small Batter Bowl, combine strawberries, lemon zest, juice, blueberries and dessert topping; mix gently.

Transfer cake to Simple Additions™ Large Square Platter; lightly sprinkle with icing sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Slice using Serrated Bread Knife and serve using Slice 'N Serve®. Top each serving with 1/4 cup/50 mL strawberry mixture and one scoop of ice cream. Garnish with lemon twists, if desired.

Yield: 12 servings

Per serving: Per serving: Calories 380, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 300 mg, Carbohydrate 62, Fibre 2 g, Protein 7 g

Cook's Tip: To make lemon twists, slice lemon using Ultimate Slice & Grate fitted with v-shaped blade. Make one cut into each slice, just to the centre. Twist slices.

To prevent cake from sliding on the platter when cutting, brush a small amount of corn syrup onto platter before placing the cake in the centre.

It's good!I've made it at shows, and people love it. For the topping, even just using frozen strawberries in syrup is delish!

Diane

Yummy!Thank you for the recipe it sounds yummy which is good since I try out all recipes before doing them at shows!

~Jenny

Hi Jenny! Yes, I have tried the recipes in the Seasons Best Spring/Summer 2005 Cookbook and they are absolutely delicious! The cookbook features fresh and seasonal ingredients that are perfect for spring and summer meals. I highly recommend giving it a try! Let me know if you have any questions about specific recipes. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Angel Almond Skillet Cake?

The ingredients for the Angel Almond Skillet Cake are 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup sliced almonds, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 tsp almond extract, and 2 large eggs.

2. Can I use a regular cake pan instead of a skillet?

Yes, you can use a regular cake pan instead of a skillet. However, the skillet gives the cake a unique shape and texture, so we recommend using it for the best results.

3. How long does it take to bake the Angel Almond Skillet Cake?

The baking time for the Angel Almond Skillet Cake is approximately 35-40 minutes. However, the exact time may vary depending on your oven, so it's best to keep an eye on the cake as it bakes and use a toothpick to check for doneness.

4. Can I substitute the almond extract with vanilla extract?

Yes, you can substitute the almond extract with vanilla extract if you prefer. The cake will have a slightly different flavor, but it will still be delicious.

5. Can I add any toppings to the Angel Almond Skillet Cake?

Yes, you can add toppings to the Angel Almond Skillet Cake, such as powdered sugar, fresh fruit, or whipped cream. Feel free to get creative and add your favorite toppings to make the cake even more delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ValerieHurtado
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • aksusan
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • stefani2