• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I do now to prepare for National Conference 2010?

Heather, do you know if there's a certain airline that is cheaper than others? I've heard some people say that Southwest is the cheapest.There is no specific airline that is cheaper than others. However, the best way to save money on your airfare is to check online before you buy. You can often find discounted rates by using search engines.
ChefBeckyD said:
Don't forget scream madly....or is that just me?:eek:

I can't believe I left that out. I've been known to cause quite a scene. :eek:

How do I get a CS button? I am 90% sure I am going to conference - especially since airfair is even lower today - and haven't been in years and years and years - so I am really excited. Since I am moving in September I am hoping the conference motivation will carry me through my move. And I might be needed to find a room if anyone has a spare corner just for the thursday and friday night of conference let me know.

Today is May 22. There are only 55 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Very few hotel rooms have enough convenient electrical outlets. If you're staying 4 to a room, you may want to make sure at least one of you brings along an outlet strip. That way everyone can plug in their cell phone to charge for the night. Also, if the only outlet is under the desk, you'll only have to crawl under there twice (once to plug it in, and once to unplug it) instead of twice a day to plug in and unplug your cell phone.

You might slip a nightlight in, too. You can plug it into the outlet strip or in the bathroom to help everyone find their way to the potty in the middle of the night.

Love love love that idea Rae! I am bring one for my group!

I actually keep one in my large suitcase all the time. It just makes things easier.

I only say this with the highest respect. Why isn't there a section on this site called "Ask Rae". You know we all love you and your great tips!

The biggest hit in our room last conference is my tiny Fan. Not too loud and just enough to move the air arround and drown aou light snooring. It will be the first thing going in my bag!

I will also be packing one of my kids "Indiglow" night lights. Sheds just enough light without being annoying.

Chef Bobby said:
I only say this with the highest respect. Why isn't there a section on this site called "Ask Rae". You know we all love you and your great tips!

Bobby, that's the best laugh I've had all day. :p You know I love ya right back. I can think of several people who would be much more logical to have "Ask _____" sections. The ones who immediately come to mind are Ann S, Janet, KG, and Becky D. I'm sure I'd think of several more if I really thought about it, but it's too late for thinking.

Today is May 23. There are only 54 days left until the start of Wave 3!Where is your suitcase? If you're like me, it's packed away in some deep, dark corner of your attic. You might want to think about getting it out sometime soon. I'll be airing mine out so it doesn't make my clothes smell like, well, a hot, stuffy attic.

Today is May 23. There are only 54 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Where is your suitcase? If you're like me, it's packed away in some deep, dark corner of your attic. You might want to think about getting it out sometime soon. I'll be airing mine out so it doesn't make my clothes smell like, well, a hot, stuffy attic.

raebates said:
Today is May 23. There are only 54 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Where is your suitcase? If you're like me, it's packed away in some deep, dark corner of your attic. You might want to think about getting it out sometime soon. I'll be airing mine out so it doesn't make my clothes smell like, well, a hot, stuffy attic.

My suitcase is still on the floor of the bedroom from the trip we took in mid-April! :blushing: My husband keeps saying he'll put it away. Knowing him, he'll put it away a week before I go to Chicago! :D

Thanks for the reminder! I had DH take put all ours in storage when we brought DS home... I HAVE to go get it!! I don't think a diaper bags or a duffle will cut it for this trip!

I mention it now because from the time I tell The Furry Guy I'd like it brought down from the attic to the time it actually winds up in my walk-in closet could be anywhere from 15 minutes to 3 weeks. It just depends on how busy he is and how much stuff he's stored in the way. I figure we're weird but not al that unusual.

I'm a newbie so this may sound completely ridiculous but how do you know which wave you are in? Hadn't thought much about going but had a call the other day that I earned the discounted registration, so now I'm thinking of going.

meganmcg said:
I'm a newbie so this may sound completely ridiculous but how do you know which wave you are in? Hadn't thought much about going but had a call the other day that I earned the discounted registration, so now I'm thinking of going.

Ask your recruiter/director who your Executive director is. Also If you have already got a pay check, her name should be on it....HTH

Thanks ladies! I'm wave 2

Have a wonderful time.

Today is May 24. There are only 53 days left until the start of Wave 3!You're likely to encounter people in Chicago asking for money. I know I did the last time I went to NC. I always hesitate to give cash, since I don't know how it will be used. I do like to help people, though. Someone gave me a great idea. I take fast food gift certificates with me. There are fast food places everywhere downtown. I can give, knowing it can only be used for food. Plus, I can determine a specific amount before I leave for Chicago. I can give a few of dollars' worth to each one. Once I'm out of certificates, I've given the amount I set aside for those donations.

What a kind and awesome thing! Thats a great idea for day-to-day throughout the year!

Today is May 25. There are only 52 days left until the start of Wave 3!You're packing your June and July schedules. I know you are. Don't forget to block out a bit of family time before or after. You'll also want to plan for a day or two to absorb all the NC info and start putting new ideas in place.

Today is May 26. There are only 51 days left until the start of Wave 3!Travel can cause, um, digestive issues. While at NC, it would be easy to eat too little fiber and drink too little water. Plan ahead. Take some high-fiber snacks with you. Dried fruit, snack bars, and the like are portable and tasty. Make a conscious effort to drink lots of water. If you're picky about your water, take some of your favorite with you. Otherwise, just take along a refillable sport bottle. There are conveniently placed pitchers of water at each workshop. You'll feel better if you’re well hydrated.

Ok so I just thought I would make you guys laugh. I have taken Rae's advice and started a to-do list on my computer of the tips/tricks so I can start checking things off. So I decided to go to Wave 1 and 2's countdowns to see if there is anything else I should add....and this is what I found in Wave 1----all of Rae's tips copy and pasted. Aren't we lucky to have her in our wave!!!???

YEA lol

Those copy cats! LOL! To be honest, I cheat just a little. I first started doing the tips 3 years ago (if I remember correctly*). I did a lot of research and sought out information wherever I could think to look. Since then I've added a few tips here and there, but mostly I just cut and paste the tips from a file I created after that first year. *I started doing the tips because I got bored really quickly with just putting the date and the countdown. Working from my theory that only boring people get bored, I decided to find a way to occupy myself in a way that might be helpful to others.

Well we love you for it. Especially us newbies!!! Going out to buy my water bottle tonight. LOL

I love ya right back. That's part of why I share the tips and encourage newbies to ask questions and veterans to share knowledge.

Today is May 27. There are only 50 days left until the start of Wave 3!Don't forget to pack sunscreen. Chances are you'll be doing a bit of walking around Chicago. That sun can be brutal in July. We want to make sure you all stay comfortable and healthy. Sunburns are definitely not comfortable, and skin cancer is not healthy.

Today is May 28. There are only 49 days left until the start of Wave 3!I know there are lots of fun things to do after the evening sessions. You’re probably already starting to make plans. Just remember to get plenty of sleep. It's hard to believe, but learning is actually one of the main reasons for NC. It's harder to absorb all that great stuff if you're too tired to listen.

Today is May 29. There are only 48 days left until the start of Wave 3!If you haven't started a packing list, start it soon. It's probably best to make sure it's portable so you can jot things down as you think of them. Don't over pack, though. How to strike a balance? Why not talk with your roommates? You can probably share some things.

Today is May 30. There are only 47 days left until the start of Wave 3!What to pack? Make a plan. You'll need business casual clothing with comfortable shoes for three days of workshops/sessions. You'll need one outfit for your executive banquet. Check with your director to find out what type of dress is expected for yours. You’ll also need toiletries, a pen or two, and paper (note pad, loose paper, whatever you feel comfortable taking notes on).

Today is May 31. There are only 46 days left until the start of Wave 3!Okay, so now that you know what type of clothes you'll need, make your plan. Plan out each outfit down to the jewelry you'll wear. Can you wear the same shoes* for more than one of your outfits? How about the same jewelry? Every decision either takes up more suitcase space or allows you more room.*Since we do so much walking and a bit of standing, it would probably be best for your feet if you alternate shoes. Wearing the same shoes several days in a row can cause or worsen foot pain.

diradt said:
Ok so I just thought I would make you guys laugh. I have taken Rae's advice and started a to-do list on my computer of the tips/tricks so I can start checking things off. So I decided to go to Wave 1 and 2's countdowns to see if there is anything else I should add....and this is what I found in Wave 1----all of Rae's tips copy and pasted. Aren't we lucky to have her in our wave!!!???

YEA lol

I do it every year, because it saves me a lot of time. Rae I actually made a file this year. I appreciate your organization. Thanks Rae!!1:D

Aww, you're most welcome.

Today is May 31 We just booked a NEW hotel Confort Suites it even has a full kitchen frig can't wait Daily breakfast too.

Today is June 1. There are only 45 days left until the start of Wave 3!The following was originally shared by ChefAnn. Some of these we have no control over for NC (like planning too much in one day). Not every one applies directly to NC. Still, they’re good general travel tips. 8 mistakes that can spoil any trip
________________________________________1. Winging it. Know where you're going to stay for at least the first night, especially after a long flight.

2. Packing too much.
Limit yourself to one suitcase and one carry-on. Put a change of clothes and your daily medication in the carry-on in case your luggage gets lost. 3. Forgetting essential items. Make a list of things you frequently forget and put it in your empty suitcase. 4. Trying to do too much. Limit the number of activities you plan into each day. Schedule free days for long trips. 5. Trying to get too much work done at the last minute. Spread things out. You'll never have enough time to finish everything the day before you leave. 6. Calling the office too much. This can be a sign of insecurity or trying too hard to control everything. Your boss and co-workers know how to reach you in an emergency, right? 7. Misplacing essential items. Keep boarding passes, identification, passports, trip itineraries, and other documents in one small, easy-to-get-to pouch or bag. Put a bright sticker or ribbon on your luggage to make it stand out. 8. Leaving town without making arrangements to have the mail and newspaper picked up - a sure sign to would-be thieves that your house is empty.

Today is June 2. There are only 44 days left until the start of Wave 3!Make sure you leave the hotel and conference center info for your family. They'll feel more secure knowing where to reach you in case of an emergency.

Is there a number that we can give family for the McCormick Center?
My wife usually only calls my cell phone, but it might come in handy.

This is the information I found online for McCormick Center:McCormick Place
Lakeside Center & Arie Crown Theater
2301 South Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60616
312-791-7000

Today is June 3. There are only 43 days left until the start of Wave 3!Traveling by air? Photograph your luggage and its contents just before you leave. If it gets lost, you'll have a record for the airline. (And, just being prepared often wards off this type of bad luck. You know, it’s the same principle as carrying an umbrella so that it won't rain.)

Today is June 4. There are only 42 days left until the start of Wave 3!Traveling by plane? Squeeze the air out of your toiletry bottles before packing them in your luggage. It lessens the likelihood of them exploding because of air pressure changes.

Last edited:
Today is June 5. There are only 41 days left until the start of Wave 3!Once you get to your hotel room, I know you'll be excited to talk with everyone and get started on the NC fun. Your stay will go much smoother, though, if you take just a few minutes to familiarize yourself with your surroundings. Where are the light switches, and which lights do they control? Where are the AC controls, and how do they work? Where is the emergency exit in relation to your room?Oh, yeah, and from personal experience, make sure the room's clock radio isn't set to full volume on a mariachi station unless that's really how the people in your room prefer to be awakened.

Today is June 6. There are only 40 days left until the start of Wave 3!Traveling by bus? Check to make sure what their boarding procedures are. On many lines there aren't assigned seats, and they tend to overbook. It may be necessary for you to line up for departure as much as an hour before your departure time. You don't want to delay your arrival because you didn't get a seat. Heck, you could miss out on meeting some of your fellow Cheffers.

Today is June 7. There are only 39 days left until the start of Wave 3!While you're in Chicago, be sure to carry your hotel's address with you. After all, there is more than one Sheraton or Hilton. And, while PC is very important, not every cab driver will know where we're staying. This is important whether you’re planning to take a cab or not. Things happen. It’s better to be safe. I simply print the info on a small piece of paper and tuck it in my wallet.

Today is June 8. There are only 38 days left until the start of Wave 3!Once you've arrived at your hotel room, unpack. I know it's tempting to drop your bags and run out to meet all the other consultants and, especially, the other Cheffers. However, if you'll take just a few minutes to hang up your clothes, put your toiletries in the bathroom, etc., you'll save yourself time in the long run. Plus, if you're sharing the room, and you're the first one to arrive, you get to stake out prime real estate for yourself.

Today is June 9. There are only 37 days left until the start of Wave 3!We've been concentrating on our arrival, but departure is important, too. Why not get everything but the bare essentials packed the night before? It will save you time that last morning when things may be a bit rushed. It will also lessen the likelihood of leaving something behind.

Today is June 10. There are only 36 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Pack light. Check out the Chicago weather a few days before you leave, that way you won't feel a need to bring clothes for everything from snow to a heat wave.

Oh my gosh! That is just coming up fast!!Few additional travel tips- take some sanitizing wipes to wipe down a few commonly overlooked items in your room- the TV Remote, switches, Telephone, etc. Don't want to end your trip with a nasty germ from the room! We can only do so much, but every little bit helps. Also- find out from your hotel staff what the Cab Telephone # is- so you can program it into your cell phone- JUST IN CASE! You don't want to be stuck somewhere and have no way to call a cab....probably not likely- but you never know. Carry a small map of the city with you at all times. Find out if you can get one from the hotel, or just go online. A great travel site I use for Chicago-related info: Chicago Traveler

Okay I'm interested in finding a room for conference 3 - I plan to arrive on Thursday morning and will be leaving after conference on Saturday or maybe Sunday morning. I would love to share a room and would even consider splitting a room with one other person instead of three or four in a room. Thanks.

If you can't find a conference hotel room, there are a few others (and sometimes cheaper) and close like the one our cluster is staying at. We are at The Essex which is across the street from the Chicago Hilton. The shuttle busses park between the two hotels.

<H2>1. What is the date of National Conference 2010?</H2><p>The date of National Conference 2010 is Thursday, March 19, 2009.</p><H2>2. How many days do we have until National Conference 2010?</H2><p>As of now, there are 119 days until National Conference 2010.</p><H2>3. How should I prepare for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Start thinking about how many rooms you need and if you want to reserve your room through Exper. It's recommended to do it on the first day of registration to avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit. If you choose to book a non-conference hotel, you can book online and pay the full amount upfront.</p><H2>4. Can I reserve my room through Exper for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Yes, you can reserve your room through Exper. It is recommended to do so on the first day of registration to secure your spot and avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit in order to complete your reservation.</p><H2>5. Are there any other options for booking a hotel for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Yes, you can also book a non-conference hotel and pay the full amount upfront. This can be done online for convenience. However, it is recommended to reserve your room through Exper to ensure you are staying in a hotel with other Pampered Chef consultants and have access to conference events and amenities.</p>

1. What is the date of National Conference 2010?

The date of National Conference 2010 is Thursday, March 19, 2009.

2. How many days do we have until National Conference 2010?

As of now, there are 119 days until National Conference 2010.

3. How should I prepare for National Conference 2010?

Start thinking about how many rooms you need and if you want to reserve your room through Exper. It's recommended to do it on the first day of registration to avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit. If you choose to book a non-conference hotel, you can book online and pay the full amount upfront.

4. Can I reserve my room through Exper for National Conference 2010?

Yes, you can reserve your room through Exper. It is recommended to do so on the first day of registration to secure your spot and avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit in order to complete your reservation.

5. Are there any other options for booking a hotel for National Conference 2010?

Yes, you can also book a non-conference hotel and pay the full amount upfront. This can be done online for convenience. However, it is recommended to reserve your room through Exper to ensure you are staying in a hotel with other Pampered Chef consultants and have access to conference events and amenities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef