• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

NC Tax Rate: Confused? Get the Facts Here!

Sorry, I can't help with the location.You worked for a professor? That's awesome! Where did he teach? I'm sorry I can't help with the location.
beepampered
Any North Carolina consultants who can tell me what the tax rate is? It keeps changing so I'm a bit confused. I thought it is 4.5% plus the local 2.25% so that's 6.75%. The Pampered Chef website says the tax is 7%. Thanks....

It is 6.75% for non-food items & 2% for pantry items. It hasn't changed again since the decrease.

Where in NC are you? I am in Sunbury (northeast...near VA)

In near Raleigh in Apex. Thanks for the answer. That's what I thought but I'm a bit paranoid that home office is taking 7% out and I'm only chargin 6.75%. Their website is wrong.

beepampered said:
In near Raleigh in Apex. Thanks for the answer. That's what I thought but I'm a bit paranoid that home office is taking 7% out and I'm only chargin 6.75%. Their website is wrong.

Totally irrelevant, but I used to work in Apex, NC when I went to Campbell U.

It is 7 % in the Charlotte area I believe. We had a small glitch in July in that our legistlature voted on a small decrease and then they recinded it or something and it caused all kinds of mess ... I know HO fixed it right away but maybe when you are putting it in from out of state that part isn't fixed... I'm probably not much help

You worked in Apex and went to school at Campbell? Wow, what a compute.

I knew it went up and down and that was what was confusing me. I guess I'll trust that 7% was wrong. Thanks for your answers and visit if you're ever down this way....

beepampered said:
You worked in Apex and went to school at Campbell? Wow, what a compute.

A friend of my Economics professor owned the hotel there. It was a Ramada (not sure if it still is). So the pay was worth the drive. It wasn't more than 30 minutes.

What is the current tax rate in North Carolina?

The current tax rate in North Carolina is 5.25% for individuals and 2.5% for corporations.

How is the tax rate determined in North Carolina?

The tax rate in North Carolina is determined by the state legislature and can be changed through legislation.

Are there any exemptions or deductions in the North Carolina tax rate?

Yes, there are several exemptions and deductions available in the North Carolina tax rate, including deductions for charitable contributions, mortgage interest, and property taxes.

Do I have to pay both federal and state taxes in North Carolina?

Yes, residents of North Carolina are required to pay both federal and state taxes on their income.

Is the tax rate the same for all income levels in North Carolina?

No, the tax rate in North Carolina is progressive, meaning that higher income levels are subject to higher tax rates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • beepampered