• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nbc Dateline to Feature Paige 7/6/08

I thought it was very well done. Things were prevented as facts in a case, not judgmental opinions.I thought it was well done, too. I'm just a little worried about what they will focus on. I'm also a little worried about what the reaction will be from the viewers. I'm sure they will get a lot of reactions both good and bad.I thought it was well done, too. I'm just a little worried about what they will focus on. I'm also a little worried about what the reaction will be from the viewers.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
It has come to my attention that NBC Dateline will be running a feature about Paige tonight. According to TV listings, Dateline is a two hour program tonight but the Paige piece is only going to appear in one of those two hours, and I have no idea which one.

This was rumored a few days ago in the Missing thread, but it appears that tonight is the night.

Check your local listings.

thanks, KG...gonna be interesting to see this compared the the 48 Hours piece.

Thanks KG!

Thanks, KG! I will have to DVR it.

Thank god for DVR

Just sent DH off to set the TIVO

saw an ad for tonight's episode during Law & Order: CI last night.To warn you (in case you are hoping that it will be as good as 48 hrs a few weeks ago) they have called the piece "The double life of a soccer mom". The ad pretty much focused on the more "unseemly" aspect of Paige's attempts to support her family.I have a feeling they are much more interested in the salacious details, rather than brining attention to the search for Paige. Hopefully, they were just trying to tantalize viewers in an effort to get people to turn in to what will end up being a fair & balanced episode. Somehow, I doubt it.

Thanks for the heads up Charity.

Thanks KG for always keeping us informed, I'll be setting the DVR!

I just set my DVR thanks KG.

Thanks - I'll watch it but keep the kids in their room with something else.

janetupnorth said:
Thanks - I'll watch it but keep the kids in their room with something else.

That's why I've been DVR-ing all the things about Paige. That way I can watch it while my son's asleep, so that he doesn't catch bits of pieces of the story and get worried.

I do know that Dateline interviewed two of Paige's closest friends, so they're hoping for less than a hit piece, but you never know. Sound bites can be chopped up and rearranged to make it sound like someone said something they didn't actually say - there is a lot of that going on in politics right now - so I am a little concerned about tonight's show.Still, every bit of media attention helps put pressure on those responsible and people are more likely to remember names and not why they remember the names. As George M. Cohan said, "I don't care what you say about me in the papers. Just say something about me in the papers and make sure you spell my name right."

I am so glad I came on here today. I will have to check the time!

Hey KG - what time is it on in WI so I don't have to look it up. ;)

I just saw a preview for this - 8 p.m. CT it looks like...Preview made it look like a focus on the negative but we'll see...

So, why Biegler talk to Dateline but he wouldn't talk to 48 Hours?:confused:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
So, why Biegler talk to Dateline but he wouldn't talk to 48 Hours?

:confused:

Don't know - interesting...guess they offered more money????

Frank looks tired and worn by all this... :(

Oh my, what was Paige thinking when she married her first husband! Did you see that hair?!?!?!

I used to have hair like that.Well, not really, but I used to have hair.

janetupnorth said:
Oh my, what was Paige thinking when she married her first husband! Did you see that hair?!?!?!

His current hair style is only a minor improvement. :rolleyes:

Anyone know when this Dateline was filmed?

GeorgiaPeach said:
His current hair style is only a minor improvement. :rolleyes:

Anyone know when this Dateline was filmed?

Uh yeah, doesn't do ANYTHING for me. :yuck:

Oh well, if he gave her a twinge of happiness in her life...

What does everyone think of husband number 2??? Very suspicious....

zookeeper614 said:
What does everyone think of husband number 2??? Very suspicious....

For the answer to that read the One of Our Own is Missing thread...plenty has already been said...

That was a wierd clip 'cut and paste'... They are talking about Lester and this guy is talking about Rob...

Did anyone watch? Did they show CS? There are tons of guests looking at paige posts.

They didn't mention it by name. They mentioned her businesses, including PC, and then they mentioned that she posted information on "a website related to one of her businesses".

Probably not too difficult to Google....

I thought it was very well done. Things were prevented as facts in a case, not judgmental opinions.

I watched - they showed some of her posts, but they didn't show the origin of them (ie cs) - I'm sure if they did a search they were able to find them.

they did, but didn't mention the name, just said a website for one of her businesses, or at least in the part I watched, I didn't see the whole thing...

Admin Greg said:
Did anyone watch? Did they show CS? There are tons of guests looking at paige posts.

There's 81 people looking at Paige's page on Help Find The Missing, too.

Well, hopefully SOMEONE looking knows SOMETHING and can help her family.

Interesting when the friend insisted that Lester told her that he knew Rob! And then they started talking conspiracy...

I think the story was well done. Giving the story new air time is so important in trying to determine what happened to Paige.

The "secret life" is possibly an important piece of the puzzle and had to be mentioned. I think Dateline did a good job balancing all aspects of her life.

Even though I never spoke with Paige, hearing her voice from a previous 911 call was very difficult. I told my husband about the posts she had written on here and then they mentioned them. That was so eerie.

Hopefully the show will bring new interest to the story and help the family find out what happened to Paige.

Admin Greg said:

Yeah, I noticed there were 214 users when I logged on!

My mom called to tell me it was on.

Some of us aren't so ready to believe that her disappearance is related to her business. That's just one of several theories floating around, but then, we're not LE so it doesn't really matter.

I only caught the tail end of it. Frank was talking about a lead that she was out west (I didn't catch the city). What was that all about? Anything current or just an old lead?

katie0128 said:
I only caught the tail end of it. Frank was talking about a lead that she was out west (I didn't catch the city). What was that all about? Anything current or just an old lead?

You really missed it - he was talking about some of the GJ searchers who had gone to Utah to help in an unrelated case.

jrstephens said:
My mom called to tell me it was on.

Mine did too! We have such good moms=)

I thought the show was well done. It was balanced, and stressed how much she loves her kids, and how much her friends all love her. I appreciated that they spent 40 minutes talking about Paige before mentioning the "secret life" aspect....and they didn't end with that either - they ended with her Dad.

It was heart wrenching to see all of the pictures with her kids and family though.

ChefBeckyD said:
I thought the show was well done. It was balanced, and stressed how much she loves her kids, and how much her friends all love her. I appreciated that they spent 40 minutes talking about Paige before mentioning the "secret life" aspect....and they didn't end with that either - they ended with her Dad.

It was heart wrenching to see all of the pictures with her kids and family though.

I agree. It was also tough to hear the 911 call that she placed, as someone else mentioned. I hope they find her soon - this has gone on far too long! :(

My 12 year old son watched Dateline with me. When I said "good night" to him he said to me "You better not be leading a secret life." I reassured him that I'm not.

Thanks for the update. I fell asleep about 20 mins before the show ended. From what I saw it was very tasteful. I hope this will bring new clues.

I am glad to hear that it was tasteful. I was DVRing it, and one of my church members called me to say that it was on. I thought it was nice that she called me in case I didn't know about it! Anyways, I only saw a couple of minutes of it, and I was very scared that it was gonna slam Paige and only focus on her "other life"...so happy to hear that isn't the case.

Once again, I pray that this brings a chance for new leads to come to the surface and for her case to be solved....

JAE said:
My 12 year old son watched Dateline with me. When I said "good night" to him he said to me "You better not be leading a secret life." I reassured him that I'm not.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to your son. I know that was heartwrenching.

I was unable to watch last night and we don't have DVR or Tivo. Does NBC put these on the web?

For me the photo of Paige at the beginning of the show when she was a child with a cute big smile and her little ponytails made my heart sink.

And that smile never changed, did it?I know exactly what you mean. :(

<h2>1. What is the NBC Dateline feature about Paige?</h2><p>The NBC Dateline feature about Paige is a two hour program that will air on 7/6/08. It will feature a story about Paige, but it is unclear which hour the story will appear in.</p><h2>2. When will the NBC Dateline feature about Paige air?</h2><p>The NBC Dateline feature about Paige will air on 7/6/08. It is a two hour program, but the specific hour in which the Paige story will appear is unknown. Check your local listings for more information.</p><h2>3. Is this the first time NBC Dateline has featured Paige?</h2><p>No, this is not the first time NBC Dateline has featured Paige. There have been rumors about the feature for a few days, but it is confirmed to air on 7/6/08.</p><h2>4. Will the Paige piece be the only story featured in the NBC Dateline program?</h2><p>No, the Paige piece will not be the only story featured in the NBC Dateline program. It is a two hour program and there will likely be other stories featured in addition to the one about Paige.</p><h2>5. Can I watch the NBC Dateline feature about Paige online?</h2><p>As of now, it is unclear if the NBC Dateline feature about Paige will be available to watch online. It is recommended to check the NBC website or your local listings for more information on how to watch the program.</p>

1. What is the NBC Dateline feature about Paige?

The NBC Dateline feature about Paige is a two hour program that will air on 7/6/08. It will feature a story about Paige, but it is unclear which hour the story will appear in.

2. When will the NBC Dateline feature about Paige air?

The NBC Dateline feature about Paige will air on 7/6/08. It is a two hour program, but the specific hour in which the Paige story will appear is unknown. Check your local listings for more information.

3. Is this the first time NBC Dateline has featured Paige?

No, this is not the first time NBC Dateline has featured Paige. There have been rumors about the feature for a few days, but it is confirmed to air on 7/6/08.

4. Will the Paige piece be the only story featured in the NBC Dateline program?

No, the Paige piece will not be the only story featured in the NBC Dateline program. It is a two hour program and there will likely be other stories featured in addition to the one about Paige.

5. Can I watch the NBC Dateline feature about Paige online?

As of now, it is unclear if the NBC Dateline feature about Paige will be available to watch online. It is recommended to check the NBC website or your local listings for more information on how to watch the program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chanddl
  • The_Kitchen_Guy