• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating a Couples-Only Party: My Dilemma with Swinger Friends

In summary, the couple wants me to do a demo for their Valentine's Day dinner, but I'm not sure if I should go because they are swingers.
candiejayne
I have a couple that wants to do a show, great, right?!? Well I'm not so sure. They told me the only way they would agree to host is if my BF comes with me, and it's a couples only party. I don't really have a problem with it being a couples only party, but I've known these people for quite a while, and my BF and I believe they are swingers. Do you guys think I'm asking for trouble if I decide to do this show? They want to do it around Valentine's Day and do a romantic type dinner along with it. They said they would buy all of the food, and provide all drinks, but they also want me to do some sort of demo to serve along with the rest of the meal.

This show sounds ideal, if it weren't for the fact that we think they are swingers. We don't have a problem with them in that sense, but we aren't that way.

HELP!

i feel your pain. i was hit one once by a guy in an "open" marriage. now for me, i think if they had never brought it up i wouldn't worry too much about doing the show. that is just me though. if you are truely uncomfortable with the show, don't do it.

My boyfriend and I have done shows together and there was a couple that showed up once that was great fun etc but we have never gotten together with them as we said we would because of this fear...they just seemed too good to be true and a bit too "open"

I would do the party and go into it as though its another party...if it gets weird after the demo...high tail it out of there :)

candiejayne said:
I have a couple that wants to do a show, great, right?!? Well I'm not so sure. They told me the only way they would agree to host is if my BF comes with me, and it's a couples only party. I don't really have a problem with it being a couples only party, but I've known these people for quite a while, and my BF and I believe they are swingers. Do you guys think I'm asking for trouble if I decide to do this show? They want to do it around Valentine's Day and do a romantic type dinner along with it. They said they would buy all of the food, and provide all drinks, but they also want me to do some sort of demo to serve along with the rest of the meal.

This show sounds ideal, if it weren't for the fact that we think they are swingers. We don't have a problem with them in that sense, but we aren't that way.

HELP!

I think that's your answer right there.

Sounds a little weird to me. Are you sure they want you to fix a dessert - or be the dessert :eek: Have them do a catalog show.

pamperedlinda said:
Sounds a little weird to me. Are you sure they want you to fix a dessert - or be the dessert :eek: Have them do a catalog show.

I just spit my tea out my nose Linda......

To each there own and I don't judge people for what they like, but I am not down witht he swinging and that would weird me out and I don't think I could do the show, it would be all I would be thinking about. I agree with Linda, catalog show.

I feel like I'm stuck though, I'm an Independent Contractor for this man, and he pays me well, I can't afford to lose that job as a side job. Depending on how bad he messed up the software, he pays me $25-50 an hour plus always a minimum of 2 hours, even if it takes me 5 min to fix.

My BF thinks it would be fun to go just to see what happens, but if something does happen, I won't want to work for the man anymore, I'm already uncomfortable enough working for him knowing what I know about his past.

Also, this is the only party that I have lined up... I just don't know what to do.

I say go, but take your parents with you! They're a couple. :)

Guy

You don't KNOW they are swingers, you are speculating. Decide about the show based on the show, not your assumptions about them.Robin

I would do the show, and run your business like any other show, with professionalism. Make a triffle for your demo, it will demo the products and fit into the theme. If they make inappropriate comments ignore one or two and go on with the show, but if it continues, express your feelings, NOT interested.

EpTxGuy said:
I say go, but take your parents with you! They're a couple. :)

Guy

I like this answer!! I would do the show since you will have your BF with you. I think making a trifle would be a great idea. Do the show and then get out of there fast!!

I would do the show by myself, unless your bf really wants to go. If it gets weird, leave.

go for it.. when you get there, tell them you have to leave by 8:00 b/c of [enter believable excuse here]!

Be sure to show these people the Decorator Bottles....I'm sure they'd have fun with them ;) LOL!

I have to admit, I'd just ask him straight out why he needs my BF for me to do a Pampered Chef Demo. Then wait for an answer. Don't fill a silence void yourself. Either he'll give you a legitimate excuse or you'll be able to tell that he's uncomfortable with answering the question.

If he can't give a straight answer, just tell him that you are only interested in attending if it's a Pampered Chef Show and that you don't have any desire or intentions of being there for the social event that may occur afterward.

If it is a swingers party & he can't take "no" for an answer, just tell him that you & your BF are both selfish and you don't like to share one another. I'm sure that he would get a good laugh out of that ... and it would give you a way to decline without offending him.

gailz2 said:
I would do the show by myself, unless your bf really wants to go. If it gets weird, leave.

In this situation I would rather have someone there on my side :)

That is a tough one. Since your BF will be with you, then I would probably go. If things get weird, leave. As Robin says, you don't know for sure that they are swingers.

Good luck with your decision. It'll all work out!

pamperedlinda said:
Be sure to show these people the Decorator Bottles....I'm sure they'd have fun with them ;) LOL!

Linda, you are too funny! :)

gailz2 said:

Just make sure you get all your orders and checks collected first. ;)

LOL, I am speculating, but for good reasons, its the hints I have been given in the past. PLUS, I've known him WAY too long and I know dirty things of his past, example... another co-worker and him posting a raunchy video online, this was in the last 2 years that this came out. If he isn't a swinger then he is just a major perv.

I was at their house over the weekend doing some computer work for them, and they we sooooo drunk, and practically screwing in the kitchen. I never turned around to look, but I know those noises! LOL

And to Guy who said take my parents... my mom would have soooo much fun with it, and my dad would disown me if anything happened LOL!

I decided I'm not going to persue the party, but if they come to me setting a date, I'll do it. BUT man oh man, I'm soooo busy that month, it might be hard to find a date. I'm gonna tell them straight out that it can not be a school night, and it can not be a weekend when my BF has his daughter, and I have plans for Valentine's Day, whether we do or do not....

We'll see what happens!

I'm feeling better about this now, at the time I was pretty weirded out, but I saw the couple last night sober, and the more I thought about it, the better I feel!

Glad you feel better about the whole thing, Andrea. Please keep us in the loop though if you do have one!

I'm glad you feel better about it all.

I'd ask why you have to take your boyfriend along as you are going to be doing a PC show. See what he says to that. Could you do the show and you demo and leave before anything else starts.

Related to Navigating a Couples-Only Party: My Dilemma with Swinger Friends

What are the best tools for meal prep?

The best tools for meal prep include a good set of knives, a cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and a food processor.

How do I properly season my dishes?

Proper seasoning involves using a combination of salt, pepper, and other herbs and spices to enhance the flavor of your dish. You can also use citrus juices or vinegar to add acidity and balance to your seasoning.

What are some healthy and easy recipe ideas?

Some healthy and easy recipe ideas include sheet pan meals, one-pot dishes, and salads with lots of vegetables and lean protein. You can also check out our website for a variety of healthy and quick recipes.

How do I clean and care for my cookware?

To clean and care for your cookware, always follow the manufacturer's instructions. Generally, it's best to hand wash your cookware with warm, soapy water and avoid using metal utensils to prevent scratches. Make sure to dry your cookware thoroughly before storing.

What are some tips for meal planning and organization?

Some tips for meal planning and organization include creating a grocery list before going to the store, prepping ingredients in advance, and utilizing your freezer for meal prep. It's also helpful to plan out your meals for the week and have a designated day for meal prep.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • LBurke
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
LBurke