• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mystery Host Show Technical Question

In summary, Dena explains that it can be confusing to divide up host discounts at mystery host shows, and that a good way to do it is through drawings. She also provides a list of benefits that a mystery host party host may give away.
Denarella
I had my first training last week after I signed on Thursday evening. I had already sent out my invites for 45+ co workers to do a mystery host show, which apparently sounds like a bad idea. My recruiter suggested I ask all of you how to handle the hostess discounts. In other words, what is the easiest way to divvy these up? I understand the most I can put in is two co hosts. My mom wont be at THIS show so I was going to make up a 'dummy' order in her name to put any other discounts I gave out. But you obviously cant give out totals to your customers until you know who's getting what discount from the drawings...sigghhhh...had I only known how much work this would be....can you please help me? What do YOU give a way at MH parties and how do you legally divide them up?

Sorry to make your brains hurt this late at night....(I had a headache on this Thursday night and left for vacation Friday morning....needless to say Im back now with THAT headache!:yuck: )

TYIA! Dena:blushing: :blushing:

It is very confusing! I did one in July and it was difficult but the way I divvied things up was through drawings... whoever sold the most gets aticket for paticipating they got a ticket....etc and that worked well for me

When I did mine, I gave the Grand Prize (free credit) to one person, and 4 people got the half off products and one person got to buy the host special. Than again, mine was set up as a $1000 catalog mystery host show so I had 10 people collecting $100 or more in orders. I made it clear to them that the winning "prizes" would all be on one host receipt though so if there were any returns to be done it would be under so and so's name and I would help facilitate the return/exchange whatever.

Sorry I'm not much help. Good luck with your show and let us know how it turns out!

Carissidy said:
It is very confusing! I did one in July and it was difficult but the way I divvied things up was through drawings... whoever sold the most gets aticket for paticipating they got a ticket....etc and that worked well for me

That part is easy enough for me...but how do you go from that to on paper? You can tally until you know who won. When they won, are you asking them to add a 1/2 priced item (I say yes to this) or tell them one that they already wrote down is half priced. How far do you go? I was going to keep something for myself since its my first month and I need stuff. But what do i keep? What do I give? Its exhaustingly frustrating!

You definately do the 1/2 off's AFTER the tally. If not, it would screw up your show totals.

Christ Follower said:
You definately do the 1/2 off's AFTER the tally. If not, it would screw up your show totals.

so lets say its 2 1/2 price items, then what would be the rest you would give away?

I just did my second mystery host party. You are making this harder than it has to be. They give you their orders and then you know the total sales. Then you draw for the host benefits, so for example you have a $600 show. The benefits you would be giving away is:
*$115 - for free, you can give this to one person or draw a couple names to split the money
*2 1/2 price items - two names
*One person to receive the 2 forged cutlery knives at 60% off
*One person to receive 25% off anything else they want to order.

Even though you may have 4-6 winners, you will still put them under your name because you are the host or whoever's name you put the party under.

The biggest thing is the above they receive but it is NOT off the order they already gave you. They have that order and then if they receive a 1/2 price item they need to tell you a new order not the one they already gave you.

I hope this is some clarification. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Take care. Brenda:)

Brenda K. said:
I just did my second mystery host party. You are making this harder than it has to be. They give you their orders and then you know the total sales. Then you draw for the host benefits, so for example you have a $600 show. The benefits you would be giving away is:
*$115 - for free, you can give this to one person or draw a couple names to split the money
*2 1/2 price items - two names
*One person to receive the 2 forged cutlery knives at 60% off
*One person to receive 25% off anything else they want to order.

Even though you may have 4-6 winners, you will still put them under your name because you are the host or whoever's name you put the party under.

The biggest thing is the above they receive but it is NOT off the order they already gave you. They have that order and then if they receive a 1/2 price item they need to tell you a new order not the one they already gave you.

I hope this is some clarification. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Take care. Brenda:)

So ALL host gifts can go under my name legally as being the host and the consultant? total girls items. THEN draw prizes and add THEM to MY sheet? Should I put it under mom's name so there's no conflict? Then you tell everyone should they have a problem with their product to contact me since I have the receipt as the hostess?

Yes, you got it. You put the show under your name and then put the host benefits under your order. Yes, just tell people to contact you if there is a problem with their product.

Also, I didn't say this before but keep whatever you want since you are just starting out. However, I would recommend giving a lot away as you want people to come back next year. Hopefully, you are earning PC dollars and you can buy the products you want.

Take care. Brenda

Brenda K. said:
Yes, you got it. You put the show under your name and then put the host benefits under your order. Yes, just tell people to contact you if there is a problem with their product.

Also, I didn't say this before but keep whatever you want since you are just starting out. However, I would recommend giving a lot away as you want people to come back next year. Hopefully, you are earning PC dollars and you can buy the products you want.

Take care. Brenda

I want cookware! I think I own the entire old catalog minus cookware, trifle bowl, deep dish baker and EAD! PC dollars are earned on everything sold, even discounted, or no? (Sorry. too tired to look it up right now). what do YOU keep, if anything....

PC dollars are earned for Commissionable sales. So no on the 1/2 off & Free items but yes on the discounted % items. Unless you are the host, them you wont make commission off the % items. Maybe you should put it under your mom's name.

If you’d like, you can give one person all the benefits.

At my Mystery Host shows, I draw the name at the show. I send the winning host home with a catalog so they can be thinking about what they want and I give them a guesstimate of the benefits. I let the host know that I will contact them the next day to let them know their exact benefits. Then I go home and input the orders and find out where we are with the show.

At my Mystery Host shows - I've split into 2 co-hosts - they split the free products down the middle, any half price items (if one doesn't want any I offer to the other host) and whatever else they want they get at a % off. Then they both get 10% discounts for the year as well. I've done shows with over 20 orders and still only draw 2 names - makes it easier and then if someone doesn't win - they may be more excited to come to the next one. Also I do give away a SB to everyone that comes and raffle off a bunch of lower priced items as well. Never had anyone complain and easier to keep track of! Good luck with whatever you decide!

Sorry...didn't have time to read all the posts, so hope I'm not being repetitive! :rolleyes: Here is what I did for the mystery host show I had on Saturday.

I am putting the show in my name. All the benefits that were won, I just enter as if they were mine and will make a note in case they need to make a return down the road. The prizes are for products other than the order they originally placed, otherwise your totals would be messed up.

I've attached the invitation (it outlines what you get tickets for), draw tickets for putting names on, and the 4 different prizes that I drew for.

Let me know if you need me to explain more....sometimes I ramble on and don't make sense (I tried not to do that this time!!) :p

Attachments

• August 25 show invitation.doc
    37 KB · Views: 270
  • Mystery Host draw tickets.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 347
  • Mystery host prizes.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 316

1. What is a Mystery Host Show?

A Mystery Host Show is a special type of party where the host invites guests to attend and make purchases from Pampered Chef. The host's name is kept a secret, and at the end of the party, one of the guests is chosen at random to receive all the host benefits and rewards.

2. How can I qualify for the Mystery Host benefits?

To qualify for the Mystery Host benefits, you must attend a Pampered Chef party and make a purchase. The more you spend, the higher your chances of being chosen as the Mystery Host.

3. Is the Mystery Host chosen randomly?

Yes, the Mystery Host is chosen randomly using a computerized system. This ensures fairness and equal chances for all party guests.

4. What are the benefits of being the Mystery Host?

The Mystery Host will receive all the host benefits and rewards, which may include free products, discounts, and special offers. They also have the opportunity to earn free products by hosting their own Pampered Chef party in the future.

5. Can I still participate in the Mystery Host Show if I cannot attend the party in person?

Yes, you can still participate in the Mystery Host Show by placing an order through the host's online party link. Your purchase will still count towards the Mystery Host benefits and you will be entered into the random selection process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amgreen66
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies